• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea for New Medic Tool

I have sort of an idea for a new medic tool. It would be a more potent syringe, that would instantly restore all health when used. It can be or look like an 'EpiPen', an auto-injector that the player injects themself with like the ordinary Medical Syringe. Also like the normal Medical Syringe we have now, you can choose to inject yourself our a close teammate. Only one can be bought and held at a time, and it would cost a reasonable price for balancing. It could only be used once, then you'd have to buy another one. It could go in the Miscellaneous, or 'tool' slot along with the Welder and Medical Syringe. The Field Medic Perk can have bonuses for it like discounts, or faster injection animations.

It's not a weapon, unless you think it would be effective in using it's single use to kill any weak specimen in one jab. Only other thing I could think of is that you can actually inject a raging fleshpounder with it, and he would relax and be taken out of rage for a short while.

The advantage with it is it can heal all of your health instantly. Unlike the current Syringe that heals a certain amount and slowly heals it, taking a few seconds for that amount to be healed. So if your health is very low and you don't have the time to wait for a couple charges, then this would help in those emergency situations. Can be used on a close by teammate to restore all of their health. Maybe can be used on a raged fleshpounder to Un-rage him (neither heal or hurt them).

The disadvantages are that it takes up a weight block or two. You can only carry 1 at a time, and the cost would be high enough to prevent someone from buying it every wave (except maybe medics). Like pipe-bombs it would cost quite a bit for each perk, except the medic. It's single use, and is thrown away, so you could only get 1 and use 1 per wave.

If anyone thinks this is overpowered, then the cost of it could be increased. Or non-medic classes would only heal 50 health out of it, but it would still restore it instantly.

If anyone thinks this is underpowered, then maybe medics could carry more than 1, or the price could be lower, or could be used to relax raging fleshpounds.

I'm open to questions and suggestions to help balance it. Also to hear if it's a good idea, or absolutely not worth putting in the game. For those who don't know what an EpiPen is, it's pretty much one of those syringes in L4D2, those Adrenaline auto-injectors. I know that Killing Floor doesn't 'need' this, I'm just giving the idea out there. If there happens to be any way to make it work without making it useless or making the game too easy.

Last edited:
>Self Heal
>Full HP Gained for non-medis

nope.

How would you prioritize this with quick heal anyways?

As for "You can raise the price to balance it," there is a point in which simply making it expensive doesn't work. If it costs as much as a law and only instantly heals the user or a teamate once, that doesn't seem like balance and more like uselessness.

Honestly I don't think it's that great of an idea. If it beomes expensive but usefull it will only see use on lower difficulties and in general just make the gameplay easier, which is something i'm sure alot of people arn't playing KF for (minus the TF2 Hat crowd)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
>Self Heal
>Full HP Gained for non-medis

nope.

How would you prioritize this with quick heal anyways?
I didn't plan on it being involved with the quick heal, and I don't know if the game could be set where the quick heal key would use this instead of regular syringe if your hp was below a certain amount. Or do you mean how would this be preferable to normal quick heal of other syringe?

As for the other points, The syringe could cost much more for normal perks like the mp7m while the medic is practically the only perk to afford it. Or any other perk that uses it will only restore 50 health instantly, while medics (or higher level medics) can restore full 100 health instantly. If you have any ideas on balancing it, I'd like to hear some.

As for "You can raise the price to balance it," there is a point in which simply making it expensive doesn't work. If it costs as much as a law and only instantly heals the user or a teamate once, that doesn't seem like balance and more like uselessness.
Well the only reason I can think of making it exaggeratedly expensive, is to make it only affordable to the field medic perk. Is it possible the trader will sell certain gear to only a certain perk? Because this could be a medic only tool, if that makes it any better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's a good idea but too hard to balance and impliment effectively, even if you rice it fairly high, you'll end up with people doing what they do with the MP-7, buying it for other people so that you could have 6 in any given round.
I don't know, but wasn't there a way to prevent dropping an item, like whats set for the Medical Syringe and Welder? or is that because they aren't purchasable and spawned with? Also, for non-medic perks it could be set to maybe just heal 50 health instantly, while medic can get full heals out of it. I keep thinking it sounds underpowered considering it doesn't take that long to heal back your health to full, especially with a medic on your team.

But yes, even after tweaking the idea of it, it would be hard to implement it into the game, and have the players accept it. I know that Killing Floor doesn't 'need' it, I'm just giving the idea out there. If there happens to be any way to make it work without making it useless or making the game too easy.

Upvote 0
what i would suggest is adrenaline, instead of instantly healing a pplayer it gives them a buff against damage, increased speed and increased damage, but it only last's a little while (like 10 seconds or something), so you could use it to save someone from a FP if they only have a little health, this way it doesn't just become an advanced syringe and actually serves a different purpose, and you could make it practically useless when other players use it by giving the medic an effectivness buff with it, like a massive one, and again only allow one or two per wave, and then they buy refills.

i don't know, it would certainly be useful, but maybe a little OP, maybe without the damage buff?

Upvote 0
what i would suggest is adrenaline, instead of instantly healing a pplayer it gives them a buff against damage, increased speed and increased damage, but it only last's a little while (like 10 seconds or something), so you could use it to save someone from a FP if they only have a little health, this way it doesn't just become an advanced syringe and actually serves a different purpose, and you could make it practically useless when other players use it by giving the medic an effectivness buff with it, like a massive one, and again only allow one or two per wave, and then they buy refills.

i don't know, it would certainly be useful, but maybe a little OP, maybe without the damage buff?

That could work, probably better than my idea. But when you say "increased speed and increased damage", I'm assuming you meant damage resistance? Otherwise I'm wondering what the stats would be, like how much faster, how much damage resistance, and at what cost? And how much more effective with the medic.

Would it make you faster at other things? Like faster reloading, faster aiming down sights, faster weapon switching? of course only for a short time like 10 or 15 seconds, any more or less depending on balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That could work, probably better than my idea. But when you say "increased speed and increased damage", I'm assuming you meant damage resistance? Otherwise I'm wondering what the stats would be, like how much faster, how much damage resistance, and at what cost? And how much more effective with the medic.

i was thinking like you wouldn't take much damage at all, it would be like wearing extra kevlar, something like 80%-90% reduction, and you would be able to outrun most specimens, and it would have practically no effect when used by anyone other than medic, that way no-one but medic would use it due to it pretty much not working. it has the potential to be OP, but i think since it would only have one use per wave maximum and is rather situational it could work.

Upvote 0
i was thinking like you wouldn't take much damage at all, it would be like wearing extra kevlar, something like 80%-90% reduction, and you would be able to outrun most specimens, and it would have practically no effect when used by anyone other than medic, that way no-one but medic would use it due to it pretty much not working. it has the potential to be OP, but i think since it would only have one use per wave maximum and is rather situational it could work.
I'm wondering if it would effect berzerkers a little too much, if they already have damage resistance and speed. With full armor and affected by this adrenalin syringe, they might overpower the patriarch or fleshpounders?

Upvote 0
I'm wondering if it would effect berzerkers a little too much, if they already have damage resistance and speed. With full armor and affected by this adrenalin syringe, they might overpower the patriarch or fleshpounders?

not if you set a maximum effectiveness on a player, so that they can't be boosted past a certain amount, i don't know, maybe the berserks are allergic to adrenaline :p

Upvote 0
I tought of a 4-shot revolver that would shoot Medic Syringes. It would imidietly give the healed person 30HP and would regen 70 more over the period of 3 seconds.
Downside is very limited ammo, low AOE, low rate of fire, can only be reloaded when all 4 syringes are used and 1 shot from it can rage Scrakes and FPs (to force you to aim it correctly).

Upvote 0
I tought of a 4-shot revolver that would shoot Medic Syringes. It would imidietly give the healed person 30HP and would regen 70 more over the period of 3 seconds.
Downside is very limited ammo, low AOE, low rate of fire, can only be reloaded when all 4 syringes are used and 1 shot from it can rage Scrakes and FPs (to force you to aim it correctly).
I'd love to see a revolver in this game, but if it shot syringes, would they arc? Though I'm not even sure the grenade launchers arc. Otherwise I'd love to see how your idea would work in game. Also, what kind of damage would it do? 9mm damage or hand cannon damage, or none considering it's shooting syringes.

Upvote 0

I'd love to see a revolver in this game, but if it shot syringes, would they arc? Though I'm not even sure the grenade launchers arc. Otherwise I'd love to see how your idea would work in game. Also, what kind of damage would it do? 9mm damage or hand cannon damage, or none considering it's shooting syringes.

For balance purpouses, the syringes should arc slightly.
When Medic, Syringes would deal only some residual damage (30-50 damage max) by the fact of the syringe hiting a zed at a medium speed, so there would be a reason to have you MP7 with you.
When not-Medic, the shots would deal no damage and have even less rate of fire and AOE as well as arcking even more.
Medic perk bonuses would increase the rate of wich the HP healed regens as well has increasing rate of fire and some extra ammo (but not too much).
And it would have to be a 4 shot rev so you couldn't imidietly heal your team (4 shots means 1 person wont be healed fast enough, giving room for zeds to rape said person).

Upvote 0
When Medic, Syringes would deal only some residual damage (30-50 damage max) by the fact of the syringe hiting a zed at a medium speed, so there would be a reason to have you MP7 with you.
When not-Medic, the shots would deal no damage and have even less rate of fire and AOE as well as arcking even more.
Medic perk bonuses would increase the rate of wich the HP healed regens as well has increasing rate of fire and some extra ammo (but not too much).
And it would have to be a 4 shot rev so you couldn't imidietly heal your team (4 shots means 1 person wont be healed fast enough, giving room for zeds to rape said person).

Sounds very nice, I'd support it. Probably because I like revolvers in games, and the medic is my favorite perk. Also, could the medic heal himself with the gun? lol, I'm assuming not since you cant with the mp7m

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sounds very nice, I'd support it. Probably because I like revolvers in games, and the medic is my favorite perk. Also, could the medic heal himself with the gun? lol, I'm assuming not since you cant with the mp7m

Most obviously not. No self-healing with it. Clicking alt-fire would do nothing besides making you move one of your rigth fingers slightly towards the key.
I do like my idea, but the worst part is finding a 4-shot revolver becasue most are 5 and above.
And getting someone to actually do the work would be nice since I'm terribad at the KF SDK.

Upvote 0
I do like my idea, but the worst part is finding a 4-shot revolver becasue most are 5 and above.
And getting someone to actually do the work would be nice since I'm terribad at the KF SDK.
I like your idea too, and I don't know much about revolvers in real life. But I've seen some ridiculous revolvers in games like Borderlands, that are 3 shot or even 2 shot. So I assume just make it 4 chambered. It wouldn't be unrealistic, because it could be done.

I've never even looked at the KF SDK, but I think I might like it if I get hang of it.

Upvote 0
I found something that will suit my suggestion, not a revolver, but a 4-shot underwater pistol made in the old Soviet Union,
the SPP-1

01_45_mm_SPP-1M_underwater.gif

Upvote 0