• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reminder: Crosshairs live show today

I do think its time that beside showing nice features twi shows some gameplay as well. In the end its not the features but the gameplay that sets RO apart from any other shooter.

I mean you can talk nicely about features in interviews and magazines. But footage is the only place where you can get a grasp for how the game plays.

Definately, and it's high time guys, the whole forum has been waiting for it since November last year, not just for our own selfish desire to see it, but because we really want something to show people when we're trying to sell them on Ro2.

It's pretty hard to convince people that Ro2 will be the dogs bollocks when you've got nothing to show them, that isen't just "back of the box" features.

Reactions: CopperHead
Upvote 0
So do ppl here ONLY play RO ?

Nope.

But a lot of us are realism gamers, who aren't terribly interested in "Realism-Lite" shooters like Homefront, BF3 and CoD, they are just not the kind of shooters we're interested in, and thus, hearing people talk about them for an houer probably won't hold our attention, and we get bored.

The same would be true of any genre versus any other target audience, die-hard FPS fans probably won't be terribly excited to sit through an houers talk about a round-based JRPG, and hardcore RTS fans probably won't care about the latest Mario platfomerning game, that sort of thing.

Upvote 0
So do ppl here ONLY play RO ?
Look dude. . I was merely stating that in this section of the forums, when something related to crosshairs is posted, we are all really excited to hear more news about RO2. Obviously, there was not much news at all, even the announcer was disappointed at the recent lack of new news. Not his fault at all, he asked his sources about ro2, and there was not too much to say. It was just lame, but no fault of crosshairs.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
I missed the cast. Anything good about RO2?

No new details. They just mentioned some of the things going on with the RO community. Such as the new GDC videos and the closed beta process (friends/family -> clans -> 20k giveaway).

I guess I was expecting a lot more than what they offered, my fault. They aren't the developers haha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the GDC video was nice, some of my friends were very glad to see the MG system worked out so perfectly.

But indeed they want to see some gameplay before they get all excited like me. I am not blaming them for that.

But it is better than 'gameplay' videos showing some overdrama scripted singleplayer (kuchBF3kuch)

Upvote 0
Nope.

But a lot of us are realism gamers, who aren't terribly interested in "Realism-Lite" shooters like Homefront, BF3 and CoD, they are just not the kind of shooters we're interested in, and thus, hearing people talk about them for an houer probably won't hold our attention, and we get bored.

The same would be true of any genre versus any other target audience, die-hard FPS fans probably won't be terribly excited to sit through an houers talk about a round-based JRPG, and hardcore RTS fans probably won't care about the latest Mario platfomerning game, that sort of thing.
Yep, that is definitely true for a lot of us. That said, I always want to hear about things about new games, though I tend to only listen if it's something that appears to be really innovating or interesting to me. I'm sure there are a good number of people listening to Crosshairs that really don't care about RO2 and have been bored out of their minds on those casts where TWI was featured. Everyone likes different things, and that's no different in this community. That said, we are all RO fans (obviously) and will tend to gravitate towards games like RO.

I agree that we need to have some actual gameplay footage of someone just PLAYING the game, like they would in a play test. The last GDC footage may have shown cool features, but running around in god mode mowing down enemies doesn't reflect at all on RO2's gameplay. I agree that right now when people ask me for proof of RO2's awesomeness, I don't have anything to show them. They see these cool little features but have no idea of the bigger picture of how the game plays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0