• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Story/Mission maps editor icons

PiX

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Sweden
Community SDK Icons

It has annoyed me for quite some time that the editor does not have a proper set of icons for story mode editing. So. I made some myself. The idea is that all of you could contribute to this pack simply by posting images here, or by manually adding them to the pack.

This is a community texture package for primarily Story/mission maps modders. Anyone may contribute, either by posting an image in this thread or by manually adding a texture to the package in the SDK.

The Icons must follow these guidelines:

• 48x48 pixels wide.
  • Preferably a masked texture, but if you're having trouble with that you can post an image and let somebody else do the work for you.

==================================================
Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20151829/CommunityIconsV1.rar
(V1 as of 2011/03/22)

Included in the Download:

• CommunityIconsV1.utx
  • Templates for making icons:
    • CommunityEditorIconsTemplate.psd (Photoshop)
    • CommunityEditorIconsTemplate.xcf (Gimp)
==================================================

Here's what they can look like:

communityicons.png

I've been using the ones you can find in the Engine and Gameplay package for a while now, but they're just not accurate enough. You save so much time and energy all while structuring the different triggers and buttons for future editing in doing so.

So.
Here's the picture you're familiar with:

delete1.png

Doesn't this make so much more sense?:

delete2.png

Well. You decide. I'll be contributing to this as well, as long as others will too. If you're wondering how you would go about making what I just showed you above, here's how you do it:

• Open up the ActorProperties of your ScriptedTrigger.
  • Go to [Display]

Last edited: