• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

specular

(MORE TO COME HERE)

List of ideas:

• Usable tank hatch
  • Sway Blur
  • Removing MG bipod
  • Realistic Reloading
  • Tank damage
Explanation:
Tank Hatch
This would allow tank killer squads to easier destroy enemy tanks. Maybe it is just what we've seen in Hollywood movies but you can do it in real too. So, you normaly mantle on the tank, open the hatch and kill or throw a grenade into the opening.
Sway blur
I guess everyone understands what it is. If not, imagine you take a photo, and you were moving or object was. You see what I mean? Try it in real. Turn your head and you will see objects around you are blurred. And Depth of Field would be an great thing too.

[Depth of field]
camera-dof-cars-fast-360.jpg

Removing MG bipod

You can detach MG bipod if you are Machine gunner. Don't ask for reason, just so you can easly deploy it on window or something, makes sense.
Realistic Reloading
So, no reloading so fast anymore. Just like in real, you look left to your at your ammo pack, you throw empty mag, put in new one, and you do few mistakes while reloading xD
Tank damage
You have to hit tank in almost same place if it has thick armor (Tiger) to destroy it with only 2 shells or really few. Beacuse if it for instance takes 2 shells to destroy a tank you would have to hit it in same place to actually penetrate the armor. Or ofcourse, hit it in killing spot :D

Thats it,
thanks,
Ivan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
(MORE TO COME HERE)
Tank Hatch
This would allow tank killer squads to easier destroy enemy tanks. Maybe it is just what we've seen in Hollywood movies but you can do it in real too. So, you normaly mantle on the tank, open the hatch and kill or throw a grenade into the opening

Hatches were often - well, pretty much allways - kept locked. If there would be an option to keep the hatch as unlocked/locked, then this might make a slight bit of sense. Othervise not.

(MORE TO COME HERE)
Sway blur
I guess everyone understands what it is. If not, imagine you take a photo, and you were moving or object was. You see what I mean? Try it in real. Turn your head and you will see objects around you are blurred.

Some sense in this one. But worth implementing, I don

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sway blur
I guess everyone understands what it is. If not, imagine you take a photo, and you were moving or object was. You see what I mean? Try it in real. Turn your head and you will see objects around you are blurred. And Depth of Field would be an great thing too.

Ivan

To be honest, I never noticed when I move around irl that I see a blur. That's because there is none (at least my brain doesn't register it as blurred).
Yeah when I am watching a movie and something is moving fast I do see it, but that's due to the 30/50/60 frames/sec.
So since we already have the 30/50/60 fps blur naturally occurring in video games, why have some extra blur?

No offense nice idea, but not really realistic in my eyes

Reactions: jinnwarior
Upvote 0
I don't understand depth of field. It sort of seems redundant to simulate optics when my eye does a perfectly good job of it as far as I can tell. My eyeballs naturally blur anything I'm not focused in on, and that includes anything in my computer screen I'm not directly looking at.

Suppose that everything around a point of focus directed 90 degrees from my shoulder axis was blurred irrespective of where I pointed my eyeballs to simulate optics. I would have to tilt my shoulders in order to see anything. My eyeballs would be useless. This is what depth of field does in videogames.

I shouldn't have to move the camera and my point of aim just to focus in on something other than my gunsights because my eyeballs are perfectly free to explore anything I point them towards irrespective of the axis of my shoulders. My eyeballs naturally blur anything they're not focused in on, so adding blur to simulate optics seems to me redundant.

Upvote 0
I don't understand depth of field. It sort of seems redundant to simulate optics when my eye does a perfectly good job of it as far as I can tell. My eyeballs naturally blur anything I'm not focused in on, and that includes anything in my computer screen I'm not directly looking at.

Suppose that everything around a point of focus directed 90 degrees from my shoulder axis was blurred irrespective of where I pointed my eyeballs to simulate optics. I would have to tilt my shoulders in order to see anything. My eyeballs would be useless. This is what depth of field does in videogames.

I shouldn't have to move the camera and my point of aim just to focus in on something other than my gunsights because my eyeballs are perfectly free to explore anything I point them towards irrespective of the axis of my shoulders. My eyeballs naturally blur anything they're not focused in on, so adding blur to simulate optics seems to me redundant.

I agree. However, a depth of field effect when aiming, such that your weapon appears blurry, would be appropriate.

Upvote 0