• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

murhanurkka1.jpg

Inglorious Commandos.

Upvote 0
Movie-like light effects work very well for Mass Effect. The huge blue coronas on the stronger light sources are part of its signature style!
If the engine can do effects like this, why not show them off? Or why discontinue developing them just because they don't occur in our natural eye sight? A lot of things are rendered on this engine that aren't meant to be seen from natural eyes. Every cut-scene that isn't first-person and in-character, for example.
Of course if devs are stupid and they use lens flares in regular first-person gameplay (wasn't this in the old Army Ops? I know it was in Serious Sam but it's much more of a mistake in something as supposedly realistic as Army Ops) you have every right to make fun of them, but attacking the guys behind the engine...?

Best Bomberman yet, imo:
atomicbomberman.jpg

(looks a little better than the screenshot. Something is wrong with the colors. I think pure black came out white. Not sure, but you get the idea)

Upvote 0
And it needs the grafix, as you usually spend 45+ hiking minutes through the woods until you catch a glimpse of a doe.

All part of the hunt :)
I tried it a long time ago and didnt get along with it very well. Recently i got bored and decided to check back on it, and they did some very nice things with it.
First of all the entire website's performance seems to be improved (which is important because you'll be launching the game from there) but more importantly they added two tutorials to play, and after that you get several missions from 'Doc' which further introduce you to the game.
The first mission for example points you straight at the location of some deer, so you dont have to look for too long and can get a kill.
In general the beginning of the game is a lot more streamlined than it was before, and right now i've shot and killed about 5 deer, some does and a buck. When i tried it a year back i played for hours and never got a kill, or even so much as a look at a deer. :p
Ofcourse it also matters if you find some tracks to follow, and occasionally you can hear a deer yell, which allows your GPS to kind of pinpoint its location for a few seconds so you have a lead to go on.
Thankfully it's a free game, at least if you are content with one rifle and only being able to hunt on one of the islands, and if you are content with just shooting mule deer instead whitetails, elks, pheasants, turkeys, coyotes and boars.
But the graphics save a lot, often i'm just wandering around and being amazed with the graphics over and over again, especially at dawn (which these pictures were taken from) and dusk. During the day it becomes almost photorealistic at times, especially when walking in the woods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky and husbert
Upvote 0
Coincidence SiC, I decided to replay it as well. It's a good hunting game and the graphics are great. Very realistic looking nature for sure. If only all games looked like that... maybe in ten years or so. Biggest disadvantage of the game is its distribution, given that you have to launch it through a launcher as well as your browser. But it's fun to play it every once in a while if you're craving for something different.

Pics from our latest Tangodown Op. We're still looking for new members, so if you're Dutch... drop by. ;-)

01rasa.jpg

02briefing.jpg

03liftoff.jpg

04staggered.jpg

05run.jpg

06kctmedic.jpg

07kctmedic.jpg

08approach.jpg

09firing.jpg

10apache.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Apos