• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] STALKER: Call of Pimphat

I'll definately give this a whirl when i've build my new rig, but on my current box, which will only run Pimphat on medium or less settings, all their nice work would go to waste.

I ran a mod called 'I Work Alone', it has better textures and features, and optimizes the game, my PC couldn't run CoP very smoothly even on lowest settings, but it runs fine with the mod.

EDIT- I can't ****ing decide what emission effect to have!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I ran a mod called 'I Work Alone', it has better textures and features, and optimizes the game, my PC couldn't run CoP very smoothly even on lowest settings, but it runs fine with the mod.

EDIT- I can't ****ing decide what emission effect to have!

Zombies, everything is better with zombies.

Still got to try it, installed it the other day but kept on getting crashes on launch, not the mods fault just had to reinstall CoP.

Upvote 0
Oh for crying out loud...I'm so ****ing tired of PC games. I ran Pripyat fine, played 76 hours, and now when I start a new game this mod loads for about 6 minutes, loads all the way, then I get an error message that the game is not responding. My PC is NOT that big of a piece of ****. My processor is a definite bottleneck, but its not like I can't run this damned game.

Upvote 0
Oh for crying out loud...I'm so ****ing tired of PC games. I ran Pripyat fine, played 76 hours, and now when I start a new game this mod loads for about 6 minutes, loads all the way, then I get an error message that the game is not responding. My PC is NOT that big of a piece of ****. My processor is a definite bottleneck, but its not like I can't run this damned game.
You mad.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
PC games have a tendency to not work very well.

Maybe I'll skip this mod. I really enjoyed CoP on my first play through, but with SMATR I am just loosing interest. If Complete only offers graphics and even less stability, I'll just pass.

I do hope that STALKER 2 is a much more polished game while being an actual improvement... but if there is a STALKER 2, I would assume it will be another Crysis 2.

Upvote 0
Working fine for me and once in game it actually runs just about as well as vanilla CoP. Does take a hell of a long to load up though and you really need 64bit with 4+gigs to even attempt to use it.

There are some optimisation patches out now though that should help.

@Panzer Meyer. Try deleting your user.ltx from the savedgames folder, its either in one of the stupid public documents / alluser folders or for steam in \steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat\_appdata_

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Working fine for me and once in game it actually runs just about as well as vanilla CoP. Does take a hell of a long to load up though and you really need 64bit with 4+gigs to even attempt to use it.

There are some optimisation patches out now though that should help.

@Panzer Meyer. Try deleting your user.ltx from the savedgames folder, its either in one of the stupid public documents / alluser folders or for steam in \steamapps\common\stalker call of pripyat\_appdata_

I'll try that, thanks.

I did read the part in the FAQ recommending 64bit OS and/or a minimum of 4GB of RAM. I meet the RAM requirements, but still run XP 32bit.

I need to upgrade my PC anyway.

Upvote 0
If you don't have the 4g of ram, they specify a GPU with 1g of Vram.
Loading time is long the first time but after that, loading saves is fine. I have 3g of ram btw, W7 64 + 460gtx 1 go.

Looks nice but I still can't get on with the game.
I played the death out of the first two games, this one just don't hack it.

Thats just me ?

Upvote 0
Coming from a hardcore PC gamer, I agree. Sometimes PC gaming downright sucks, especially when you just want **** to work. I totally sympathize lol.

Upvote 0
I downloaded complete but have yet to actually use it, I'm currently running reloaded it has crashed on me once or twice but has been pretty good so far. The only change I recommend making is to go to the game data folder and find the config/weapons file and increase the hit on all of the bullets (easier then doing it for the guns ) by atleast .5 on each bullet type. Nothing like hosing a npc wearing nothing but light armour with 7 bullets and having him not die ( little bit more bearable with the .5 increase, I'm tempted to go higher, keep in mind that also means the NPC's can smoke you quickly)

Upvote 0
Surprises abound. Game was fine, then when I save the game, it crashes. Now its back to crashing at the loading screen. Doesn't matter what save file I use. Wasn't that far in and botched the weapons deal mission because of idiot AI running into my grenades, so I'll restart. That is, if it will start a new game without crashing. What a joke.

Upvote 0
I am getting VERY long load times with reloaded, long enough that I've started using alt + cntrl + del to fold the game down for a few minutes then bring it back up. It often goes to "not responding" in the task manager while doing this, dont worry it will come back in a minute or two.

BTW for anyone else playing reloaded I have modified my ammo/weapon damage/ degredation/ and rate of fire values in the text files, if you want a copy of these files I can send them to you, or you can tweak the values yourself by going into the gamedata\configs\weapons folder. The values you want to be looking at are the RPM, hit power, and the two shot_dec rows. The shot_dec value is how much your weapon degrades with each bullet, ive added two zeroes before the values in each of these (.001 becomes .00001) because pistol dont start falling apart after 30 rounds ..

Upvote 0