• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I wonder, people who say "my thoughts go to the people in Japan", are they really sad? Ofcourse it sucks for the people in Japan, people died, alot of them are scared and lost their home and/or familymembers or friends. But personally I'm just glad I don't live there, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but there are worse problems going on. How about the rebels being slaughtered in Libia, and the world is just looking at it because Libia has alot of oil and international firms. The EU and the USA might start a military action but they should've done that a long time ago.
Leaders are all the same: corrupt. I'm pretty sure they're happy the earthquake happend so all the attention goes to Japan atm, it's still a major distaster, but we should also still not forget about Libia. People are trying to be free there and they are killed for it, close to a genocide.
Me, I lost trust in all the governments.

Reactions: Major Liability
Upvote 0
Then place your trust in...
567233-guild_large.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder, people who say "my thoughts go to the people in Japan", are they really sad? Ofcourse it sucks for the people in Japan, people died, alot of them are scared and lost their home and/or familymembers or friends. But personally I'm just glad I don't live there, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but there are worse problems going on. How about the rebels being slaughtered in Libia, and the world is just looking at it because Libia has alot of oil and international firms. The EU and the USA might start a military action but they should've done that a long time ago.
Leaders are all the same: corrupt. I'm pretty sure they're happy the earthquake happend so all the attention goes to Japan atm, it's still a major distaster, but we should also still not forget about Libia. People are trying to be free there and they are killed for it, close to a genocide.

You could say the same thing about Libya. Sure the circumstances are different but people are still dying in Japan, Libya, and pretty much any Middle Eastern country you can name.

Middle Eastern civilians have been oppressed and slaughtered by their governments for a long time. Did you care about them then? Would you really care about what's happening in the Middle East if it wasn't getting so much media attention?

Upvote 0

I gotta say, it's really entertaining to me to hear people saying that the US is just sitting by and watching something because there's oil someplace, instead of starting in with bombing like they should have been doing. Very much the opposite of the normal things you hear.

Last oil-filled Arab nation where the dictator was working on genocide, it proved to be an unpopular decision with the rest of the world when we took action. What makes Libyans different from the Kurds and the 'Marsh' Arabs? Are Libyan lives more important to Europeans than Kurdish lives? Qaddafi's not even using Sarin on them.

Or is it just that they're a lot closer, and a lot more likely to visit Europe en-masse than the Kurds, if Qaddafi wins and they wind up as persecuted refugees?

Upvote 0
Honestly speaking I don't really care much about the people there because it's too far away from home as that it would actually have any real impact on my life, but it's a) interesting to watch b) that debris-tsunami footage did shock me and made me feel pretty bad for the people there because in that video you could actually see the real damage.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
You could say the same thing about Libya. Sure the circumstances are different but people are still dying in Japan, Libya, and pretty much any Middle Eastern country you can name.

Middle Eastern civilians have been oppressed and slaughtered by their governments for a long time. Did you care about them then? Would you really care about what's happening in the Middle East if it wasn't getting so much media attention?

I don't really care about the libyans, and if it wasn't getting such a media attention I would care even less but I do think it's a shame that it takes so long for someone to stop Gaddafi while his forces are killing all the rebels.

Last oil-filled Arab nation where the dictator was working on genocide, it proved to be an unpopular decision with the rest of the world when we took action. What makes Libyans different from the Kurds and the 'Marsh' Arabs? Are Libyan lives more important to Europeans than Kurdish lives? Qaddafi's not even using Sarin on them.

Or is it just that they're a lot closer, and a lot more likely to visit Europe en-masse than the Kurds, if Qaddafi wins and they wind up as persecuted refugees?

If the kurds or 'Marsh' Arabs would peacefully protest and get slaughtered for it I would prefer that the EU or the USA interfered with it like they should in Libya.

Last edited:
Upvote 0