• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GDC video's (Tanks, destruction, and Beta info).

Holy crap! :eek: Jaw dropping amazing stuff!

Thanks for the new footage and info TWI / Yoshiro.

Couple of interesting things I noticed. The rag doll bodies don't clip each other - in other words, they lie on each other realistically, along with dropped weapons. Looks great!

Firefight has no weapon limits. Not my style, but hey, different strokes for different folks. Also a great way to get proficient at those hard to get weapons, liked scoped rifles (I still do better as a rifleman than a "sniper").

Love the auto-sprint from prone, back to auto deploy. I recall some other game had auto sprint from prone, but I can't remember what it was. Felt a lot more fluid.

Note, there's a white dot for aiming the tank weapons. That way, you aim where you want it, but the movement speed is still constrained to reality.

Progressive destruction looks great, realistic, and very playable.

The class progression is a LOT more detailed than I expected. I wonder if you'll get experience points you get to "spend" how you like, as with a typical RPG game. I'm curious how that will affect the animations, if you increase your speed. I guess there's a system for that.

Also note the weapon progression - reload, recoil, sway, etc.

BTW: I can see how stamina would be increased with experience. A) You can get better conditioned over time, and B) you can get experienced in moving over the familiar terrain in such a way to expend less energy. I don't think it's implausible.

Lot of new stuff for the Facts thread.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty disappointed with the character progression junk.

I prefer an even playing field in FPS. No need to make certain players faster, or have extra advantages. This also clashes with the reinforcement system. If you are simulating reinforcements on the battlefield, how are you maintaining the skills (reload speed etc...) of the guy that you were just playing who turned into a smoking hunk of meat (wow, that came out extremely erotic)?

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0
I'm pretty disappointed with the character progression junk.

I prefer an even playing field in FPS. No need to make certain players faster, or have extra advantages. This also clashes with the reinforcement system. If you are simulating reinforcements on the battlefield, how are you maintaining the skills (reload speed etc...) of the guy that you were just playing who turned into a smoking hunk of meat (wow, that came out extremely erotic)?

There will be no progression servers available.

Fuzzy said:
Pretty excited for the beta, would like some info on how people are getting into the Family and Friends. Is it based on join date or post count or what?
Based on bribes to [TW]Yoshiro ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, that was amazing, I love when we get new info/videos etc.
My only criticism would be that if those were the new sounds, the bolt action sounded a bit weak, though that might have been the sound quality on the cam.

Of course everything else was absolutely amazing, and my problem with sound was almost definitely because of the cam quality ...

Anyway awesome stuff, I hope I'll be able to get/win a beta key from somewhere once the larger beta starts.

EDIT: By the way, after re-watching, The MG redeploying when turning and the prone run are so cool and fluid looking, it's so refreshing to see games innovate like this, it's seriously looking like RO2 might be a major game changer for FPS'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All physical abilities are trained while in combat

But you lost these abilities if you die and you will die a lot in RO2. So it isn't realistic at all.

Also mobile respawns, why do you want to make another Battlefield when original RO territory gamemode was something brilliant. Very exciting, epic battle feelings, frontline vs frontline, where now we will have magic respawn points in cellars, on the roofs, next to friendly spawn, etc etc. I believe you know how is it abused in BF games. Also popping from nowhere freshly spawned players looks soooooooo realistic...

All features represented in video are awesome, but why ruin it with such unwanted things?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not to be negative but if this is because its a beta or whatever the player movement in the RO2 video reminds me of the staticy headache inducing player movement in Resistance and Liberation. Very staticy/jumpy and speedy as if the player is under the influence of drugs.

The number of icons is disappointing too as if the player is a Terminator like machine. One example is that there is a weapon pickup menu? WTF Come on :mad:

test1.jpg

test2fgu.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0
About the mg-prone footage; did i see it correctly that you are able to carousel-spin in the ground with the mg?

No, the Soldier automatically redeploys the MG for you when you reach the limit the end of the utrn radius on the Bipod. This takes some time, so no magically autospin.

@Soldier Improvement
Please note he said that the Improvements Areas are not decided upon and will change in the Beta.

Reactions: Makino
Upvote 0
All physical abilities are trained while in combat

:rolleyes:
Infantry recruits freshly drawn from basic training were amassed in formations called "Marschbatallione". These usually were shipped by trains to around Prague or Warsaw, from which point they marched to the front. That's right, your average recruit who just arrived had a nice little stroll through the park of at last 1700km of direct line, you can probably double that to get the real number.

Now, one doesn't have to be a genius to understand that your average recruit, after a 2000-3000km march by foot with adequate rations, will be way fitter than your average veteran in Stalingrad who has signs of malnutrition, lack of sleep and is under huge psychological stress since he was in constant brutal CQC engagement since days if not weeks or months.

Let's not forget the overall deterioration of motorics due to lack of sleep, malnutrition and psychological stress. Overall, any kind of leveling system is NOT realistic at all, no matter what TWI would like to tell you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The number of icons is disappointing too as if the player is a Terminator like machine. One example is that there is a weapon pickup menu? WTF Come on :mad:

I'll gladly take a weapon pickup menu over the current ROOST pickup system, where I can't get what I want if the stuff is too close together.

Also, realism mode won't have all the icons visible. I'm sure most ROOST veterans will be playing that mode.

Reactions: nike_angus
Upvote 0