• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Mutator] Weapon Pickup Message

KF-Argentina

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Argentina
[UPDATED]

Hi everybody, Our team from KF-Argentina and his coder NANOMO made this mutator and we decided to realease it to public.
This mutator was born from the idea to know who took our weapons during game, when someone steal your backup weapons and you want to know who was it in order to ask him to give it back.
This mut works like this:
-When player took a weapon from floor. it shows a Chat message that says "NAMEOFPLAYER: Take NAMEOFWEAPON"
For example, "Carlos: Take AA12AUTOSHOTGUN".....
for a more graphic example, see te video below:

[Mutator for Killing Floor] Weapon Pickup Message VISIT: www.killingfloorarg.com - YouTubewww.killingfloorarg.com

[UPDATE]

** With iterator **

DOWNLOAD

NOTE FOR DEVELOPERS: this can be done with the OverrideQueryPickup method too, but we found interesting how the ViewPort works and the way we found to broadcast the message(every knows that KF is a black box in some places and the wiki of unreal some times isn't enough)
Maybe you can choose to execute teamsay instead of say to avoid broadcaste the message to spectators.

** BETA: With OverridePickupQuery, colored and custom mesages **

This one is recommended for end users, you can change the message pickup.
This have 2 vars: %KFARGWeapon% and %KFARGPlayerName%
So,if you go to config the mutator, and put the string: %KFARGPlayerName% takes %KFARGWeapon%, then in game this will result in: NANOMO takes Bullpup in a GREEN color by default (sorry CandleJack :D, BUT u can change the color including the color chars before every word! ).
EDIT: mutator fix by King_Sumo
DOWNLOAD

For instructions in spanish visit the original post from our site HERE

See You and don

Last edited:
Thanks for u reply, is very appreciated!

Interesting idea, but from the looks of the code it scans messages for localized text, comparing it with a single English string. In other words, unless the pickup message is the same in every language version of the game ("you got ...") it's not going to work for everyone.

That's correct, for now only will show the correct one for english language.

EDIT: the new version solve the language problem :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps you can assign colour codes to perks and weapon types.

For example, medic could be red, and the Xbow (SS guns) could be gold.

It would look something like:

"[}{]DrCandleJackMD picked up the Handcannon"

This way you can tell even easier what perk picked up what. Or you could match the perk weapon colour to the perk colour, for example:

"[}{]DrCandleJackMD picked up the MP7"

This could have an added side-effect of helping newbies/noobs learn which weapons go with which perks.

I hope i gave you some food for thought :)

Upvote 0
you must change it from the configuration of the mut, if you are testing in "listen mode" u must go to mutators add to the list and then clic on configure, then replace the string message.

If you are using WebAdmin, you must go to Defaults -> Game and then change the var called "Weapon Pickup text"

Thanks for testing steff it's our first mut released !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks! it's helped

It works with the russian characters?

What plans you have on development of this mutator?
Joke answer: The same as every night, try to conquer the world :D

Really: our goal is to broadcast and make know the game to all latinamerica making the biggest community, we start from Argentina and now we have players from chile, peru, venezuela, mexico, brazil and so on.

We like to play kf and i enjoy to make and learn new stuff that added to the members ideas are the result of this mutator and other that will be released in the future.

We will maintain the mut allways, if a unknow bug is reported we will try to fix asap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
no, but it's not you fault, web admin in Russian game clients don't work correctly with Russian language

Ok, i know another way to set the vars of the muts :D, go to your killingfloor.ini open it in a plain text editor with utf-8 support like Notepadd++ (this is my editor :D ), then go to the end of this file and add the next:

[KFARGBuchonOPQ.KFARGBuchonOPQ]
StringReplace=%KFARGPlayerName% <insert here some russian string =) > %KFARGWeapon%

At the end of the new string press the enter Key and save it.

That must let you use the string with russian characters.(i almost sure at least!)

Upvote 0
can you block pickup weapon of player while he is live by another players, and to resolve a pickup then the player is dead ?

As you said before, you're not a coder; i'm not either :eek: so bear with me on this.

How about, when someone attempts to pick up a gun when you're alive (or dead) a message pops up on your screen with a message, like:

"[}{]DrCandleJackMD is trying to pick up your M32, allow or deny?"

"Allow" and "Deny" could be keys assigned as F1 and F2, or any other key combo that doesn't interfere with regular gameplay.

With this idea, you can stop griefers from stealing your guns, or allow a teammate to use it if he's the last alive.
With this, if he runs over it and keeps going and you click "Allow" then it could spawn in his inventory, without him having to wait around and possibly get blended by a Fleshpound. The possible reasoning with this is that he picked it up anyway in the game's universe.

Some more food for thought. :)

Upvote 0
As you said before, you're not a coder
yes, I am not a coder, but I have many ideas about KF

How about, when someone attempts to pick up a gun when you're alive (or dead) a message pops up on your screen with a message, like:
"[}{]DrCandleJackMD is trying to pick up your M32, allow or deny?"
"Allow" and "Deny" could be keys assigned as F1 and F2, or any other key combo that doesn't interfere with regular gameplay

nice idea, I want something like this...

Last edited:
Upvote 0