• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modify Firebug DoT

Compass

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
It seems to me that only one person, the first person who initiates it, gets the Damage over Time bonus. So you can't... say... stack 2 Firebugs to cause 2 Damage over Time. I understand that this is to prevent super DoT 6 man Firebug runs, but I think I've figured out a way to allow everyone to get their DoTs on without being overpowered when leveling Firebug.

It's not that the specimen is on fire twice, it's more like there's more napalm being sprayed onto him and so forth.

This allows two Firebugs to work together instead of competing for the fire proc, and each one's proc will individually do damage and time out.

1 Firebug - 100% Dot
2 Firebugs - Each does 80% DoT (total 160%)
3 Firebugs - Each does 70% DoT (total 210%)
4 Firebugs - Each does 60% DoT (total 240%)
5 Firebugs - Each does 50% DoT (total 250%)
6+ Firebugs - Each does Cap/Firebug# DoT (capped 280%)

Basically, it allows each firebug to get credit, for say... spraying down or lighting up a Fleshpound and scales so that it would never be a significant burn speed.

Bumping this, as it would be a nice "Team Firebug" upgrade :)

I also have a suggestion to the numbers btw:
Make it so that the first player gets the most benefit (speedy aiming should be rewarded), and the later ones get less benefit. This is what i was thinking of:

1st player - 100% burn damage (1/1 effect) (=100% total)
2nd player - adds 50% of his burn damage (1/2 effect) (=150% total)
3rd player - adds 33% of his burn damage (1/3 effect) (=183% total)
4th player - adds 25% of his burn damage (1/4 effect) (=208% total)
5th player - adds 20% of his burn damage (1/5 effect) (=228% total)
6th player - adds 16% of his burn damage (1/6 effect) (=244% total)

See the pattern? For every n-th player that adds his burning damage on the target, that person only adds 1/n-th of his/her burn damage. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How would you know if you have lit up a specimen or not. It is already on fire, but you might or might not have added your DoT to it?

The only thing I could think of is to have a distinct color for specimen that you are currently burning, say a bright red fire or add a blue hue.

Burning, as a mechanic, would have to be changed to allow for the specimen to be on fire more.

Upvote 0