• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Story - Great Reading

KON_Air

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Yay found it.
http://web.archive.org/web/20060904154855/http://killingfloor.freedomsnet.net/ About>Storyline
Copy/pasta from wayback machine;

Notes; This is from the old mod version of Killing Floor, from time when Partriach wasn't even introduced. So you should assume the said Clalemey as CEO is someone else now or our beloved Patriach is the CEO and Mad Scientist at the same time.

Also notice that the old story is about viral zombies then clone armies, but that doesn't mean C-24 and clone armies cannot co-exist. I'm guessing currently C-24 and P-77 are still revelant to new storyline with C-24 not turning people into zombies but key ingredient in Clones. And P-77 may well still be the reason the protestors trying to break into the Horzine offices in new offical fluff. Or it may not.

Story

So there we were on the Eve of the greatest breakthrough in medical science the world had ever witnessed...

"Cancer, HIV .. These are things of the past", had been the words of Kevin Clalemey, CEO and founder of the Manchester based, Horzine Industries.
And in the weeks that followed, it was like nothing the world had ever seen. Almost all known diseases and viral infection would be rendered obsolete by Clalemey's soon to be publically available vaccination.
How it worked wasn't entirely clear... It was said to strengthen the human body's auto immune system to a point where harmful bacteria and cell clusters could not last more than a few minutes in a host. This wasn't really important.

What had the media and indeed the world's keen attention, was the tremendous results it was exhibiting in such a short period of time.

Sometime in February, the miracle expired. Horzine's primary research facility in Manchester was the target of extremists who saw the "super-human" benefits of the drug as capable of undoing the fundamental nature of humanity.

They cited its planned use in the military to immunize soldiers against neurotoxins and viral agents as "immoral". They said it modified the genetic makeup of the test subjects, and stated that the vaccination was little more than a dormant epidemic waiting to happen. With full government and military backing, the extremist threat was soon put to rest. Yet, in the wake of the controversy Horzine Industries closed its doors and moved out of the public eye.

CEO Clalemey promised they would be fully functional in seven months at the outside, and that the vaccine would be made globally accessible shortly thereafter.

A year passed and the British government discontinued it's subsidization of Horzine Industries and all plans for the vaccine to be used in the military were called off. The motivations behind this decision were kept out of public view, but the impression many people were left with was that it had never been more than a hoax.

Conspiracy theorists decried the event as a scandal, and accused the corporation of fabricating test results and immunizing previously healthy patients to further their agenda.

Clalemey issued a single, cryptic press statement before departing to Sweden to settle financial situations in a foreign branch of the business.
"The vaccination will be in effect some time this year.."

October 2004, London England
Reports of violence in the downtown core. Unsubstantiated rumors that there was cannabilism involved in several of the vicious attacks which left a half dozen people wounded and three dead. Media coverage was minimal. Several reporters had their video equipment confiscated by the police.

Another rash of incidents occur in West London. The coverage of these occurences is broader because of the brazenness with which the attackers carried out their assault on a family of patio-goers. The victims included a 9 year old girl and her mother. Both were bitten and strangled repeatedly by the perpetrators before they were gunned down by local law enforcement.

Reports flooded in about the identity of the monsters who could have carried out so brutal and senseless an act on innocent victims. The autopsy lab in the west London region that housed the cadavers of the two murderers was broken into, presumably by friends of the victims. Files were stolen, documents siezed, and startling information began to work its way through a disbelieving populace. Two males. Both residents of London. Both had been clinically dead prior to the attack.

Military Units began to show up in downtown London the next day, and a quarantine was issued, sealing off a large portion of the city. Panic took hold almost immediately as a bewildered, and confused public struggled to make sense of what was occurring. All outgoing flights were cancelled, and a state of Martial law was in effect. As night fell on The last hours of October, all anyone could do was wait.

Shapes in the dark; ragged breaths in the fall air; They came in the hundreds over the quarantine barricades. What things they did ? There were none who could say, and fewer yet who could find the words even if they themselves knew.

It was clear that the army had failed to contain the outbreak, or had retreated and left the city to the murderous things that had eaten out it's core.

When morning finally came, the pavement was drenched in blood, and shattered glass. Shops had been looted or set ablaze, and in the air there hung a heavy morning mist which carried the reek of rot, and decay.

The fate of the Marines tasked with holding the West London barricades soon became clear, as ragged and bloodied Survivors began moving into residential neighbourhoods and setting up hurried defensive lines. The orders were to shoot on sight. Anyone in a quarantined area was to be considered a target.

No one knew what to make of any of it. It had all happened so suddenly, and without any provocation. But as memories of the last words of the seemingly benevolent Horzine CEO began to flood back.. They now had an ominous impact on the psychi of the survivors. Had this been planned? What was the government's interest in this? What had happened in the secluded Manchester Horzine Labs?

There were literally hundreds of possible questions pertaining to the incident, and still nothing was certain. But this: In a few short days, London had become a Killing Floor.

Offices Story Blurb
They dispatched my squad to supress the spread of the infection in the area of West London, where the quarantine had been comprimised.

We loaded up and took off that morning not knowing what the hell we were doing. Jakobson had family in London, they were living not far from the quarantine, he told us. He didn't speak too much during the flight, just sat there in the chair with his eyes shut and a hand on his rifle. Lewis, was all business. I can't say he was excited about the operation, because that's the wrong word. he was just as ****ed in the head about this as the rest of us were. But he kept it down low, and he looked ready for what we were gonna see when we got there.

I couldn't even think straight. I forgot about my heart beat and watched clouds pass by. **** but it was dark down there.

The whole city was blanketed in this rusty fog. The street lights were out, or most of them looked that way. It was hard to tell, we were still high above the L.Z . Lewis barked at us, the ETA was 8 minutes.

"Protect the peace. Serve your country. Gear up marines, it's show time! "
Lewis was shouting again. I could barely make out his voice over the wind. The whir of the motor began to change pace and the chopper tiled forward on a sharp incline. I was thankful for being belted in.

"Kill your former friends, family, loved ones."
London exploded into view as we began descending, my stomach dropped with the chopper. There was a pile of cars. Lots of them, really. Some were flipped over, or burning. I could see an ambulance with the doors ajar. Something was dangling out the back.

Lewis had placed his gasmask on.

"Hell, what's it gonna matter when they're clawing at your neck."
We hit ground. Hard. Everyone reeled forward in their seats and there was this moment of total silence before the world went into fast forward I donned my mask and charged my Bullpup rifle. This was it, no more nights on the balcony with Veronica No more days of training and wishing for something to happen No more traffic.

I looked out over what was left of the city. We had landed on the rooftop of an office complex. Lewis and Jakobson were these black shapes moving away from the chopper. Go time, Soldier.. Your squadmates need you. Britain needs you. Maybe the whole world needs you. What a ****ty deal.
I sort of half stepped, half tumbled out of our metal bird and onto the asphalt.

"We're three miles south of where we should be! This place is swarming with ****in' bodies!"
Jakobson was gesticulating wildly at the brush . I couldn't shake the feeling that he was not nearly as pissed off as he sounded... Lewis mumbled something. I didn't catch it.

"You want me to chill out, Lewis? Then why dont you come over here and suck me off. Then we'll take a nap and let those ****in' freaks crawl all over us."
Lewis didn't really have his attention on the argument, and frankly, neither did I. The wind was swirling through the leafless trees and blowing dust and dirt at tremendous speeds. It was warping my vision through the mask. We were somewhere in the northern Lakes District trekking through marsh. According to HQ, there had been a radio communication from a small manor-home in the region, and it was presumed that there was more than one survivor holed up there. So our job, was to get them out. Go Figure.

The terrain was fairly even. I mean, beside the thick, sickly fog and the occassional straggling clot who sniffed us out over the putrid stench of the water...We were finally moving in the right direction.

Lewis came to a sudden standstill, and i nearly crashed into him.
He turned around to look at myself and Jakobson , and then raised his rifle. Im pretty sure he had begun firing before managing to gurgle "get down!" through his mask. I slipped off the log I was standing on and into the water, but Jakobson whirled around, confused. and began firing as well. I wiped the grime off the goggled lense of the mask and looked up to see a large number of dead pouring out of the trees all around us. I must have looked like a floating morsel in the soup, because there was a half lobotomized old man at the head of the pack bearing down on me with a kind of speed and visible resolve you don't normally see in these pieces of ****.

I cocked my 50 Handcannon and squeezed off a pair of slugs into his chest. I saw him stagger back, and then dive into the water a good twenty yards from the log.

"COVER ME, im out"
I could just hear Jakobson's voice over the whine of Lewis' Bullpup rifle which, was firing like it had a voice of its own, in short, sharp retorts. "Christ Christ Christ COME ON" There was a metallic click and a yip from Jakobson.

By now, i had worked my way over to a group of trees on the south shore of the swamp. There were a group of them circling around behind us. But thankfully, they hadn't noticed me. Some looked like children, with school uniforms torn and bloody. The others were taller...One had what looked like an axe, wrapped in rags. I grabbed a Frag Grenade from my pack and tried to get an angle.

No , they were moving too fast. This wasn't going to work.

"****!"
They were about 30 yards from Lewis and Jakobson, both of whom were busy lighting up the group that had emerged from the north side of the wooded clearing. Scrambling to my feet, i tried shouting at them. Lewis turned to look my direction and I watched as his eyes finally caught what i was pointing to. I got a bead on the head of the second pack, a shirtless boy with a limp, and an absent lower jaw. He hit dirt almost immediately as my Bullpup opened up and began pouring a storm of lead in the direction of our unwanted company.

By now Jakobson had figured out about the new threat. I watched him pull a pin from a grenade and toss it haphazardly at the first group and then leap back with Lewis to pour on the heat.

Pieces of bark, dirt, and bloody flesh were an aerial commodity for about twenty seconds as we each dumped out magazines into the mob.

"DRY , I'M DRY!"
I could hear Lewis barking orders at Jakobson, and looked over his shoulder at me. The mob was down to three or four badly disfigured stragglers who looked like they were being held together by bits of sinew...or wiremesh.

Another little black ball made it's appearance moving through the air. I hit the dirt .

BOOM!!!
A shredded arm landed a couple feet from my body and I felt an immediate compulsion to vomit. I struggled to rip off my mask, fighting the rising bile in my throat and the harness on the mask biting into my neck. I was sitting there gasping and spitting up some unfriendly stuff when Jakobson came running over to me.

"You all Right man?"
I just nodded and picked myself up.
"****in' 'Ell ... I don't think i've ever had to kill so many of those things in one place." Lewis was jogging over to us, replacing his spent magazine, and tugging off his mask.
"Ok fellas, reload your weapons and pick up whatever gear you dropped when we were ambushed. We've still got a long day ahead of us, and the longer we're sitting around the less chance those folks in the manor house have of making it out of this, alive". "that is if they even are alive". quipped Jakobson, a lit cigarette between his lips. Lewis ignored the comment and just began walking off in the direction of the clearing.

Horzine Industries.
Horzine Industries is the company, in the Killing Floor storyline, that caused the outbreak.

History
Located just outside Manchester, Horzine Clinic was founded in 1987 by Kevin Clalemey.
By 1999 it was a major corporation charged with developing miraculous cures for diseases & illnesses.
The original breakthrough was the synthetic compound C-24, or "The 24th Chromosome" as coined by national media.
Lab results yeilded superhuman strength, immunity to pain, enhanced vision & phenomonal intelligence.

The final discovery came after a wounded soldier was injected with it. Doctors said with his extensive wounds he would be dead by the time his medical evacuation helicopter arrived.
The day before it arrived the Med-Evac was cancelled, reporting that he was either dead or that his wounds were stabilised.
The medical report stated that they were not stabilised, rather that they were completely gone.
Horzine began testing on normal subjects who had not been physically trained in any way,
even some children who were malnourished. Within 3 days the children's malnourishment had disappeared even though they had not been fed in 2 days.
The subjects were further held for one month without feeding, however they did not die.
Many of them sat & read while being subject to pain a normal human would describe as excruciable.

In 2001 they began "Operation: Corpus" which when translated means Dead Body,
however no subjects died. They believed they had developed full immunity, an eternal life,
but nothing was more wrong. The subjects did die for a brief period of time. It was only while their graves were reported as "unstable" (meaning there were severe disturbances such as loud screams, etc.)
Three more subjects were experimented upon. Joseph Robert Ashford, James Charlie Malcolm & Enrique Roberto Sanchez.
Joseph & James received no repurcussions immediately however Enrique was reported as "Vicious, Enraged & Bloodthirsty."
Within 3 days the symptoms had been described as "minor impurities, which were eliminated by natural sweating."
He was unintentionally injected with C-24 instead of P-72, "Purifier of 72 diseases."
Within 1 hour he was reported missing, his door had been smashed open with severe dents.
File reports showed his skin was extremely meaty, the area around his mouth had been partially flayed revealing only a bloody layer of skin & he had grown 4 foot in height.
His eyes had almost disappeared & he no longer needed light, sight or sound to track things.
After his cell was mysteriously opened by a keycard over 96 employees were brutally murdered.
They had been found thrown against electrical fences, there skull crushed by blunt force trauma, most likely from fists & even ripped in half, with the upper half completely paralysed.
The main scientists described the beast as a "Hell Knight," as it's looks were almost identical to that of the creature from the Doom movie & the third Video Game.
It was immediately hunted down & slaughtered, found dead with over 1,000 armour piercing rounds lodged in it's entire body.

The tests were carried out with 1 subject however all C-24 had been safely stored in a large containment area with High security measures in place.
The results reoccured however the human remained his physical appearance & such.
Some scientists even stated that he may have retained some of his humanity as when a random canine was given to him he broke it's neck, but when his family dog "Bucky," a Golden Retriever was presented to him he sat down with it & began to pet it & even sleep next to it.
When a small black widow was placed in the room, one known to poison dogs upon having it's natural habitat invaded by them, it attempted to bite Bucky. The subject immediately lifted the dog up to protect it & crushed the spider, then placing bucky down, safe from harm. Then the person broke loose, once again a keycard was located nearby.

Media coverage was minimal as a quarantine had been placed in effect after multiple people were attacked & began to attack others.

Alex Quick.

Last edited:
its pretty early/old, but heres another one by Alex:

They dispatched my squad to supress the spread of the infection in the area of West London, where the quarantine had been comprimised.

We loaded up and took off that morning not knowing what the hell we were doing. Jakobson had family in London, they were living not far from
the quarantine, he told us. He didn't speak too much during the flight, just sat there in the chair with his eyes shut and a hand on his rifle.

Lewis, was all business. I can't say he was excited about the operation, because that's the wrong word. he was just as ****ed in the head about
this as the rest of us were. But he kept it down low, and he looked ready for what we were gonna see when we got there.

I couldn't even think straight.

I forgot about my heart beat and watched clouds pass by.

**** but it was dark down there.

The whole city was blanketed in this rusty fog. The street lights were out, or most of them looked that way. It was hard to tell, we were still high above
the L.Z . Lewis barked at us, the ETA was 8 minutes.

"Protect the peace. Serve your country. "

Gear up marines, it's show time!

Lewis was shouting again. I could barely make out his voice over the wind.
The whir of the motor began to change pace and the chopper tiled forward on a sharp incline.

I was thankful for being belted in.

London exploded into view as we began descending,
my stomach dropped with the chopper.

There was a pile of cars. Lots of them, really. Some were flipped over, or burning. I could see an ambulance with the doors
ajar. Something was dangling out the back.

We hit ground.
Hard.

Everyone reeled forward in their seats and there was this moment of total silence before the world went into fast forward

I donned my mask and charged my Bullpup rifle.

This was it, no more nights on the balcony with Veronica
No more days of training and wishing for something to happen
No more traffic.

I looked out over what was left of the city. We had landed on the rooftop of an office complex.
Lewis and Jakobson were these black shapes moving away from the chopper.
Go time, Soldier..
Your squadmates need you.
Britain needs you.
Maybe the whole world needs you.

What a ****ty deal.

I sort of half stepped, half tumbled out of our metal bird and onto the asphalt.

Upvote 0
its pretty early/old, but heres another one by Alex:

We loaded up and took off that morning not knowing what the hell we were doing. Jakobson had family in London, they were living not far from
the quarantine, he told us. He didn't speak too much during the flight, just sat there in the chair with his eyes shut and a hand on his rifle.

Lewis, was all business. I can't say he was excited about the operation, because that's the wrong word. he was just as ****ed in the head about
this as the rest of us were. But he kept it down low, and he looked ready for what we were gonna see when we got there.

I couldn't even think straight.

I forgot about my heart beat and watched clouds pass by.

**** but it was dark down there.

The whole city was blanketed in this rusty fog. The street lights were out, or most of them looked that way. It was hard to tell, we were still high above
the L.Z . Lewis barked at us, the ETA was 8 minutes.

"Protect the peace. Serve your country. "

Gear up marines, it's show time!

Lewis was shouting again. I could barely make out his voice over the wind.
The whir of the motor began to change pace and the chopper tiled forward on a sharp incline.

I was thankful for being belted in.

London exploded into view as we began descending,
my stomach dropped with the chopper.

There was a pile of cars. Lots of them, really. Some were flipped over, or burning. I could see an ambulance with the doors
ajar. Something was dangling out the back.

We hit ground.
Hard.

Everyone reeled forward in their seats and there was this moment of total silence before the world went into fast forward

I donned my mask and charged my Bullpup rifle.

This was it, no more nights on the balcony with Veronica
No more days of training and wishing for something to happen
No more traffic.

I looked out over what was left of the city. We had landed on the rooftop of an office complex.
Lewis and Jakobson were these black shapes moving away from the chopper.
Go time, Soldier..
Your squadmates need you.
Britain needs you.
Maybe the whole world needs you.

What a ****ty deal.

That is part of the story KON-air posted

Upvote 0
Any other bios on levels or characters? I'd love to know

well, many of the current levels were made after the plot line times, but I'd check out Jester's KF story (I will attach as an attachment), that basically gives the version of the story in the Original KFMod1.0 campaign, and is generally accepted as law. That's all I know on official stuff.

For fanmade stuff, I'd suggest you try the ideas/suggestions thread "The next stage" ;)

Also, I added my personal little thing I made (a little self promotion never hurts :p), but its under construction. If you want concrete, official stuff, read Jester's.

Attachments

• Killing Floor Story.txt
    61.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Forum Postlets-Plot - Copy.pdf
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
Is there anymore? Because that .pdf really got me excited and it ended with a cliff hanger. Please add more :)

Okay :D, I took a little hiatus due to some IRL busytime, but I should hopefully get an opening to work on it soon.

I already have it worked out, I just need to take my ideas and turn them into writing >:)

Well, that is if it's the PDF you were talking about :eek:

Upvote 0
Most definitely :) I cannot wait till you finish it :D

well, I have nearly finished, I finished arc 8....but I think I went a little too in-depth on the fight scene, it seemed like a massive post at least when I first posted it :D

In any case, there are 9 arcs...I might split the 8th into 2 to make it 10, but in the end it's just Epilogue time now.

I'll edit on an attachment as soon as I PDF it.

EDIT: replaced PDF in this post to have a Part 9 =P

Attachments

• Forum Postlets-Plot2.0.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0