• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The concise "fix" thread

sorry, but -1 on adding a nade launcher to the bullpup...for a tier 1 weapon, it seems like a bit much. In any case, a little bit of a boost would be nice, but the fact of the matter is that it actually is useful; not just because "other people use it", but because it is laser accurate and capable of quickly dealing with most low-level mobs.

+1 on the Pup weight decrease though, it doesnt make sense at the current weight,

Upvote 0
LOL. The Sacred Cows are gonna make an appearance in this thread before much happens. There'll be an immediate reply of basically "Nu-uh! You just don't know how to USE IT!" if you criticize either the Machete or Firebug in any way... No offense, but it's already happened with Jester and Firebug.

If anyone mentions the Machete being crappy, you can bet a regular will pop up defending it too... I don't feel it's very conductive in working towards a solution. Just because it's fine to a few people doesn't mean it's fine for everyone, or even a majority. Like I said, not trying to offend anyone, just needed to get that off my chest.

I've only seen a very few people claim to use firebug regularly in HoE, and they claim it's fine, but I do feel a buff of some sort is in order for the higher difficulties. Maybe not something like +15% damage across the board, or more ammo, but the crisp effect that was mentioned earlier.

Firebug is also, really, really powerful on the lower difficulties. Hard is where it starts to feel balanced for me. Normal, even at level 2 or so, you have tons of ammo for the low amount of zeds and just tear through everything smaller than a scrake with ease. Even scrakes can be burned a little, then have a Mac-10 magazine dumped into their face. Insta decap.

And really, what's wrong with the machete? Worked fine for me in suicidal. The ONLY time you really use one is when you've got 1 - 2 free blocks left, and feel like filling one for $100. Dual 9mms are much worse, in that you never really want them, no matter the situation.

Upvote 0