• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] People actually like this garbage?

Let people listen to what they want to listen to and you listen to what you want to listen to.

I'm sure I could say some of the music you like sounds like crap to me too.

If people didn't have different tastes from one another we'd still be just beating rocks together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Popular music seems like its falling apart lately, but for someone who likes music more than a little (little being that you listen to everything they throw at you) its not really hard to find new quality artists. They might not be as many as they used to be, but there is talent out there, and combined with some older stuff they are more than enough to fulfill your everyday music hunger... most of the time :p

Upvote 0
did i just smell some "old fart" in this thread ? :D
Yes I smelt it as well :D

As for there being "less" quality music today that's ridiculous. With the advent of the internet and the slow fall of the record companies I'd argue there's MORE quality music out there, because anyone can throw up some songs on a myspace page or on youtube and recording gear and such are easy to get (if expensive).

They just don't have gigantic followings like the Beatles or Led Zeppelin did back in the day.

That said if I didn't know better I would've thought this was a parody ;)

Oh ****. The Freaxxx are out in force. You forgot this stunning example of "talent" :

YouTube - brokencyde - bree bree

"Bree Bree, don't cut this pig."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for there being "less" quality music today that's ridiculous. With the advent of the internet and the slow fall of the record companies I'd argue there's MORE quality music out there, because anyone can throw up some songs on a myspace page or on youtube and recording gear and such are easy to get (if expensive).

I suppose some people are so fed up with the mainstream music scene they automatically think every kind of contemporary music is bad. My dad for instance, who is a fan of old prog rock, told me once that music is crap these days. I don't blame him after hearing bands like Brokencyde, but there's still lots of innovative, quality music coming from independent labels and under the radar. For instance, music made with electronic equipment has been going strong since the early 2000's thanks to technological development.

Reactions: PNV
Upvote 0
I'm inclined to believe there's a lot of talented people that aren't involved in mainstream projects, however, every time someone shows one of these supposed "talents", they turn out to be complete crap.

Seems to me, the only reason you become mainstream is because you actually have some talent(not enough to make good music, but enough to get a deal).

I'm going to go ahead and believe that the mainstream music(which is admittedly awful) is about the best you're going to get these days, unless evidence to the contrary can be provided. so far that has yet to happen.

waits for someone to find crappy metal music to prove me wrong ;)

Upvote 0
As a fan of most metal, including Punk, Hardcore Punk, Metalcore, and Post-hardcore, Heavy, tech melodeath, tech death, death, black, orchestral black, prog melodeath, prog, prog rock, rock, some pop, very little rap, and pretty much anything that you like i can say my music taste is varied in terms of metal; not so much in non-metal.

However i don't like Brokencyde. I didn't even last 5 seconds on the videos. I would much rather listen to the music of everyone else in this thread than that band.

IMO they are an abomination.

But each to their own. As it has been said, so shall it be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Too each their own here is like saying I don't like Muammar Gaddafi but hey, to each their own, :D
Get used to that old fart smell cause that's what your going to smell like!:p

The generation has no clue where it's going because it has no direction and I'm not sold on the fan base thing. The masses will like anything you tell them to like, this is a prime example.

Their parents should be lined up and given one big slap down the line, with a fish, preferably a carp:D

Upvote 0