• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How does TWI deal with...

RainbowCakez

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Exploiters?

A sticky says that you should PM the staff if you find someone doing it; But I was wondering, if you sent in say; A screenshot of the person glitching, what does TWI do to deal with them? Ban them from accessing Killing Floor?

I'm asking because I'm a bit paranoid about my curiosity to explore. I entered a room with a bunch of level 6 players (All of them were jerks anyway.) and the first thing I noticed was one of them floating on a lamp light; I was curious how he got up there so when he got down I followed him and eventually did it. I stood up there for a wave, watching the specimens pile under me and when the wave was over I got off (Jesus-Spots are never fun.)
But, I'm paranoid. If someone reported me for doing that, will I be banned from Killing Floor?
I would hate to have my curiosity ban me from the game :/

You don't get banned from Killing Floor for exploiting (but you may get VAC banned if you're hacking).

If you find an exploit, you have to PM someone who works for Tripwire with the full details (screens would be helpful) and they'd add it onto the "to-do" list, I guess.

You could also try PMing a KEPT member like Olivier or OmarFW.

Upvote 0
Ramm will come to your house and:

1245401327_conan_the_barbarian.gif

Upvote 0
TWI is not going to ban you for using an exploit if you were reported 1 time.

If any of you are old time players and remember the problems with manor, there were tons of times I remember going into that game and almost every single one a player would be on the house or on the shed or in the rocks. The finally started to fix all that stuff, reporting does help. It might not be your report that gets it fixed, it might be simmilar to posting where enough ppl need to report it before its taken care of so TWI knows it a large issue with the maps.

I myself have reported things to them that they still havent fixed but i guess its because not to many ppl know about them or they dont know how to fix it.

Upvote 0
I myself have reported things to them that they still havent fixed but i guess its because not to many ppl know about them or they dont know how to fix it.

Probably because they're going to accumulate enough information and crack on with a big fix in one single shot, when they have time. But the way I understand it, KF is low priority now that RO2 is on the horizon. :IS2:

Upvote 0
these exploited areas or places that can let the player basically cheat his/her way though all 10 waves is not the way this game was meant to be played.

Reporting this helps tripwire out allot though they may not be able to fix it right away will least be able to take care of the problem in the future.

you can't get banned for a exploit but useing it just kills the fun of the entire game makes it to easy which i seen this happen a few times on manor back in the day just Anubis_FB mentioned hospitial horrors and evil santa's lair I'm sure there are other but these come to mind at momment. :D

Upvote 0
Departed was the one I was in.

Also I played today to find a person I used to play with regularly (But never befriended) playing Suicidal in Departed. I went just as the wave spawned and I ran forward, there he was glitching... I died in seconds, then said how that's an all time low, and left.
It's a shame when people try to level through exploits like that :[

Upvote 0
Departed was the one I was in.

Also I played today to find a person I used to play with regularly (But never befriended) playing Suicidal in Departed. I went just as the wave spawned and I ran forward, there he was glitching... I died in seconds, then said how that's an all time low, and left.
It's a shame when people try to level through exploits like that :[

The thing is, glitching is probably the slowest way to level in this game. So if people are doing it to level, they really are not very smart. I always figured people did it for the achievements or possibly because they like the feeling of cheating the game.

Upvote 0
If you look in the EULA (certainly the old one for RO, think it is still in the KF one), you'll find that we promise to do various things to people who break the EULA, including, but not limited to, "tell your mom on you". For the record, we have actually done that once... it was unintentional, but it gave us (and the attorney) one helluva laugh :)

Upvote 0
If you look in the EULA (certainly the old one for RO, think it is still in the KF one), you'll find that we promise to do various things to people who break the EULA, including, but not limited to, "tell your mom on you". For the record, we have actually done that once... it was unintentional, but it gave us (and the attorney) one helluva laugh :)

That is awesome. Hats off to you, sir.:IS2:

Upvote 0