• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung in RO2

Tank!

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
In Red Orchestra 1 the Panzer IV's had this rectangular contraption located on the hull rear:

smoke9g.jpg

This is the Nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung, N.K.A.V, or smoke grenade rack. In the first RO it was only a prop (does not work) as the old game engine probably could not handle spawning smoke from the back of a tank. With RO 2's newer engine, claims of better and more detailed tanks, and the inclusion of the Panzer III J and Panzer IV F2 (both of which were equipped with N.K.A.V's) will tankers be able to use the advantages of smoke concealment in RO 2?

N.K.A.V.

smoke7.jpg

smoke8.jpg

Panzer III J

smoke1m.jpg

smoke2de.jpg

smoke3.jpg

Panzer IV F2

smoke4.jpg

smoke5p.jpg

smoke6.jpg

It would be nice to see this together with the other suggestion of those viewing hatches if the main aiming device dies out.

MDSH smoke canisters for the T34 weren't used until 1945 according to wikipedia, so soviet tanks wouldn't have it. But if there is a need to balance it the tank commander could perhaps throw some regular smoke grenades out of his hatch.

Its details like this that really would make HOS stand out, beside having the fully modelled interior. For instance in the interior the clock that points out the tanks main gun position is an awesome feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redit
Upvote 0
They had these welll...something lke these in BFBC:2 So I don't see why they shouldn't add it into RO:2
I don't mean to be harsh.... but before requesting things or responding....
Ask yourself first: Is it historically accurate?
Then post.
BFBC2 has absolutely nothing in common with RO except that it is an FPS.
Using that game as a basis for what equipment RO should or should not have is being rather uninformed about TW's RO games.

Reactions: Schreq
Upvote 0
It is historically accurate! It was even on the PZIII and so on at least one tank of three!

NR. 3 is the Nebelkerzenabwurfvorrichtung!

I'm not saying it isn't historically accurate. I was responding to using BFBC2 as a basis for including it in RO. I'd just gotten through reading a plethora of rather 'nonsensical' suggestions. I would have been better served taking my own advice and should have just 'bitten my tongue'. My apologies for not being more tactful.

And I thought is was spelled: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :p

Upvote 0