• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Hilarious review of the new WOW expansion

Oh wow, Yahtzee not liking something that is widely critically acclaimed and enjoyed by millions around the world. Oh hey he hates it because he's a moron that has no self-control and generalizes all of his statements that apparently apply to all WoW players. Oh, what total shock. Oh wow, what a surprise. I'm shocked. Utterly, utterly shocked.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oh wow, Yahtzee not liking something that is widely critically acclaimed and enjoyed by millions around the world. Oh hey he hates it because he's a moron that has no self-control and generalizes all of his statements that apparently apply to all WoW players. Oh, what total shock. Oh wow, what a surprise. I'm shocked. Utterly, utterly shocked.

:rolleyes:
Uh.... he praised Portal to the skies as well as the Orange Box in general, also Thief 1 and 2... all critically acclaimed games by both reviewers and gamers alike.

And his criticism of WoW was absolutely spot on and brilliantly humorous.

Upvote 0
Doesn't every RPG boil down to the numbers?

In Call of Pripyat, on my second playthrough, I forced myself to use an inferior weapon not only for a challenge, but for variety's sake. If you stick to the numbers, you'll be reliving the same experience every time lol
Numbers affect guns in STALKER? And I was just about to reinstall the original... :p. (never finished it because of some computer issue I was having at the time)

Upvote 0
Uh.... he praised Portal to the skies

I don't get that. To me it was a mediocre 4 hour puzzle game that I would have forgotten about after I beat it if it hadn't been for the catchy tune at the end.

Have you played wow?

Upvote 0
I don't get that. To me it was a mediocre 4 hour puzzle game that I would have forgotten about after I beat it if it hadn't been for the catchy tune at the end.

Have you played wow?
Yep, not for long mind you, but I got one of those 7 day pass things. I probably played 2-3 hours then decided finding/killing a certain # of some random thing was boring and that I preferred real games rather than hunter-gatherer simulators with a never-ending grind.

I've tried some other MMORPGs and they're all the same. The only good thing to ever come out of the MMORPG "world" is this picture:

986qki.jpg

And he liked Portal just cause it was essentially "flawless" and had some great dark humor, though it was short of course. I enjoyed it, and I normally hate puzzle games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh.... he praised Portal to the skies as well as the Orange Box in general, also Thief 1 and 2... all critically acclaimed games by both reviewers and gamers alike.

Because he knows if he didn't he'd get **** for it. The guy hasn't had a serious review in probably ever. The only reason he's popular is because he's a professional troll, much like Armond White is to the world of movie reviews.

And no, his criticism are broad generalizations he's trying to apply to all wow players because he's too feeble minded to come up with anything other than "lol, wow ruins lives." Just because he can't learn self-control, doesn't mean everyone can't.

Upvote 0
Because he knows if he didn't he'd get **** for it. The guy hasn't had a serious review in probably ever. The only reason he's popular is because he's a professional troll, much like Armond White is to the world of movie reviews.

And no, his criticism are broad generalizations he's trying to apply to all wow players because he's too feeble minded to come up with anything other than "lol, wow ruins lives." Just because he can't learn self-control, doesn't mean everyone can't.
He undoubtedly focuses on the negative aspects of the games he reviews most of the time, but the points he makes are 90% of the time spot on.

Upvote 0
TERA Online, a new MMO, supposedly coming this year, from the same guys that made Lineage 2 (your image).

I don't think I'll ever subscribe for another MMO (I learned my lesson with Aion) but damn, this one just look absolutely gorgeous.
I'll get GW2 instead, the features, gameplay system and the lack of monthly fees, sets it apart from the rest of MMOs. Even without Guild Wars 2... The amount of good games to play this year is overwhelming. I just can't afford to spend the hours it takes in an MMO to reach maximum level, then get the best gear (which takes longer), because its usually based on luck. And all that, just to start to be able to have a fair fight against those human machines that are connected to the game 24/7 who will get everything faster than me.

I'd rather take the efficient shortcuts:
Load up RO
Fight my enemies in equal conditions without wasting years of my life.
????
Profit.

Better action, and less time spent... All advantages (except for the sexy character) =3

Last edited:
Upvote 0