• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hk MK23 & Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Hk MK23 & Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

• 4 Blocks (Single and Dualies = 4 Blocks)

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • 2 Blocks (Single 2 Blocks; Dualies 4 Blocks)

Votes: 66 81.5%

• Total voters
Just have to say, thats some nice work indeed!!! =)
Should be added to the game as stock weapons, without need of a mutator!
*pulls off a poor Borat imitation* Verrri sexxi!

No, the animation of guns is anything but fluid, fire SCAR or bullpup both from hip and ironsights and you will see a slight shaking motion which returns guns back to place, with these guns motion is abrupt and unnatural, the reloading animations are not much better either.

Also he should download these gunshot sounds(the working link for actual download is on the last page of the topic) for the pistol. They are infinitely better and it shows how modders can outdo the people who made the sounds in the game.

The only thing good is that futuristic design of medic rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is odd, I am not saying you are totally incorrect, but that is the way I have always done it, and it has gotten headshots. I think if the handguns weren't realistic like that, I probably wouldn't play. I mean, it is zombies, but if you are gonna have real world firearms and iron sights in your game, it should have most of the aspects of real world firearms handling.

if the way you are shooting works for you, that is cool.

I'll try your method, since I find having to cover the entire target with handcannon sights to be extremely annoying.

Before I download this is the animation of guns on the same level as the official guns, otherwise I won't bother.

Well, it's better then your typical FPSB submission.

*Overly large picture*

If you're going to post large pictures, attach spoiler tags to them like so:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Yeah I also aim using this method and that's how you do it in real life. If the other weapons in KF however use different aiming methods we'll change it. :)

I use the AK and anything else with irons the same way, same deal. I didn't use the Mk23 a lot, but enough to where I probably would have noticed if it had handled any different than the other pistols.

Upvote 0
Ya know what after watching those videos... I'm pretty damned impresed. These weapons look awesome o_O

My 1 major concern is with the Mp7M vs. M7A3. The M7A3 wins hands down.

Plus I don't wan't to see the Medic with 3 weapons that he can spam heals with, he is already spammy enough with his fast recharges and high healing. So I think the healing portion of the M7A3 needs to be very carefully looked at.

The solutions I can think of so far (might even have to look at combining some of the effects): -

Spoiler!

As a result of I'd say make the M7A3 a weight of 6. With the Mp7M's weight of 3, and the M7A3's weight of 6 any weapon that weighed more than 5 would be too heavy. Further explanation below :)

Spoiler!

I feel these effects on the gun would make it a useful aspect of the Medics game, without making the Mp7 obsolete, which is something that definately needs to be monitored.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
voted for number 2. Been playing around with the mk23 for a few hours now. It seems like a great side arm. The damage might be a little high, but I suppose with the fire rate being nerfed that will balance it a tad more. So far it seems to be very useful to the commando, support, and demo perks. Particularly demo because it allows them to have more reliable damage in close quarters while still being able to hold onto the m32 and m79, at the sacrifice of pipes of course. Despite the usefulness of the mk23 with the demo I prefer it mostly as commando. It's nice having a dependable weapon to fall back on when your two main weapons run dry, which admittedly isn't often, but it's nice to know it's there if I need it.

Upvote 0
...I'd say make the M7A3 a weight of 6. With the Mp7M's weight of 3, and the M7A3's weight of 6 any weapon that weighed more than 5 would be too heavy. Further explanation below :)

Spoiler!

I feel these effects on the gun would make it a useful aspect of the Medics game, without making the Mp7 obsolete, which is something that definately needs to be monitored.

A weight of 6 would be good, that way it's in keeping with the Bullpup and the AK-47.

It's weird having the green ring around the dot but I absolutely love how it turns red once you're under half of your magazine. Even if you're not looking at your ammo counter (or if you're playing with your HUD off) you can have a vague idea of where you are for ammo. :]

I feel like I can acquire targets faster with the MP7, but I'm not used to using (the sights for ) an assault rifle as a medic. I'll sometimes AK as a medic, but I prefer to hipfire it. So going from the MP7's almost no-recoil to the M7A3's is a fun jump for me.

Can't wait for this to go on the whitelist. :D

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
Some News:
The Barrett M99 is almost finished now. Just some coding stuff needs to be done and then it's ready to use :D.
The animations i did with an IK Handle rig which Ivan made, really look 100% better then the previous ones I did. This just is the way to animate but we just didn't know much of it till now. To be honest there shouldn't be anything in the animations which might disturb you guys.
Due to many ppl complaining about the M7A3 feeling weightless I did my best to let the M99's animations look like it would actually weight 15kg and it looks like that now.
We might rig the M7A3 to the IK Handle rig and then reanimate it but I think the MK23's reload animations are fine for the moment.

The M99 will be an Anti Material Rifle for the Supporter! As it was quite a process of balancing the crossbow it would make no sense adding the M99 to the sharpshooter. It would have same damage but a bit longer reloading times.
So we decided to give it to the supporter and let it weight as much as the law or even more. Question is: If the supporter should be the only one who can carry it or not.
Next point is damage:
I thought a lvl 6 supporter should be able to kill a fleshpound with 3 headshots on hard but the fp is quite damaged with 2 already.
And maybe 4 to the chest. You have to consider that it only has 1 round in the barrel and takes some time to reload.
The supporter will get a damage bonus for the M99 but the balancing has to be done for the lvl 6 supporter.
Ammo: 30 rounds or less.

I would be thankful for some suggestions and thoughts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please make sure that you can carry the pump action along with it. The Law was original 14 blocks at 15 blocks the M99 would take too much room. The scope should not go beyond 1x zoom. The support population has gone way up since the SS nerf. The SS needs a reason to exist. Other classes can use it but at a penalty of 12 shots max. If the damage values are 3 head shots on hard with a lvl6 support, its balanced. It will only take more shots on higher levels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The M99 will be an Anti Material Rifle for the Supporter!

So there finally, finally is a proper sniper rifle but it's supposed to be for the support who focuses on close range?
Makes no sense. Those 2 perks are like the polar opposite of each other.
You kinda can smuggle a commando weapon into the sharp (hello m14) but you wouldn't give it a shotgun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Yeah and what would you like to use it for???? The crossbow is already the max damage weapon, which the SS could have and the M99 then just will have the same damage but slow reload times... That just would be stupid.
And it will have an Acog scope or so. And it wont get the headshotbonus from the SS and we'll try to make it difficult to hit something at long distances and scoring headshots.

Last edited:
Reactions: masteriamamind
Upvote 0
Yeah and what would you like to use it for???? The crossbow is already the max damage weapon, which the SS could have and the M99 then just will have the same damage but slow reload times... That just would be stupid.
And it will have an Acog scope or so.

Well the Xbow is a tier 2 sharpie weapon. The M99 could be a tier 3 sharpie weapon alongside the M14 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0