• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SEWERS... pee, poo, and blood

OneBloodyHero

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Canada
Ok, holy crap, I cant believe there isnt a thread about this.

Sewer movement and combat were experienced by soldiers at Stalingrad in 1942-3. Sewer movement in the sense that units would move from one building location or sewer location to another to attack, defend, or maneuver. I am not 100% certain how much actual fighting occurred in sewers, but I do know that they were used for movement by infantry on both sides.

Will maps in HOS have sewers to allow players to move to different locations... if not, there need to be map (s) with a sewer network, depending on the part of the city represented.

Primary example of sewers in RO is Leningrad; very useful to ignore fire out in the open streets, but also easily defended by a hand full of men.

Thought I mention this...

this has been covered already. about a hundred times, no exaggeration. try searching for sewers instead of "pee and poo"

Maybe you are blind... but when you search sewers, only my thread comes up with that name in it. There are other threads that may mention sewers, but this one is solely dedicated to that underground **** infused system.

Sewers in Stalingrad were instrumental in out flanking and maneuvering around heavily defended enemy positions, especially due to the claustrophobic nature of the battle (especially in the city). The only problem that sewer movement had was getting lost in the maze and ending up somewhere not intended. The battle of Stalingrad, in some respects, is very unique because they fought above, on top, and below ground. I was hoping that, if not already considered by TWI, later maps, after release possibly, give more light to sewers.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I liked far cry 2's wound healing system

it looks cool for a bit then it got boring lol *X* takes out knife and digs the bullet out of his arm. or he pulls a chunk of metal out of his arm lol:eek:

I don't think there should be a full blown sewer map but in the maps there could be a couple houses that allow you to get into the sewers and take a linear path to another house. :eek:

Upvote 0
it looks cool for a bit then it got boring lol *X* takes out knife and digs the bullet out of his arm. or he pulls a chunk of metal out of his arm lol:eek:[Quote/]

I think it would be better than....*picks up bandages*

It was cool In Fc2 but it would be a lot of additional work for all the animations to heal a guy (or yourself) And I don't i would willingly try to dig a piece of shrapnel out of my self but that's just me.

Upvote 0