• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

embedded google translate

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I just played Bad Company 2 for the first time and I noticed that it got google translate built within the game. I think this would be pretty nifty to have in the HOS chat.

Sure google translate is crap but it can allow me to understand what the germans, polish, russians , french are somewhat saying when on the server. As a European player it often happens that I hop in some server where people speak some weird language.

Last edited:
While I do speak some German, actually having some random words translated still makes it easier. As you then can combine your own knowledge with what google says.

But the key isn't having it so much for me, as for people that only speak one language primarily. As it allows them to somewhat communicate with others. And all of us to see what they talk about.

Reactions: Nezzer
Upvote 0
everyone could just learn binary code :troll: :d

on a serious note though, i didn't even know you could embed google translator into something like a game.....i knew about things like browsers having it embedded (google chrome) but having it in games sounds like a pretty helpful feature

Spoiler!
:troll:

Upvote 0
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Spoiler!