• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

War Dialouge

US92

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
Before I get started, I made a previous thread with the same title, plz delete it. Hey TRIPWIRE Interactive, I'm really anticapated for your next game Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad. I joined this forum just to give you guys an idea for your next game. In game war dialouge. If you guys played the game Battlefield Bad Company 2's multiplayer you can already know what I'm talking about. It'll be a great feature for us if you can add dialouge for the soldiers in the game. It would also add realism and intensity for the players out there. Being in the middle of the warzone while the Russians and Germans are screaming at each other while shooting their guns would be awesome. Also, plz excuse me for coloring some of the texts, I just wanted to be a little creative. :p

Reactions: 213
it has, although the point I made in the last one stands --> if the guy sees a nade coming at him, will he at least scream and rant about it automatically, as it's silly to expect the newbs to spend hours drilling every last voice command off by heart so they can use it in-game.

on the side note of this, found something new playing ostfront last week, that you can use the number pad to give tanking orders to the rest of your crew, num8 for forward num2 for back, num7/num9 for turn a little left/right...:troll:

Upvote 0
on the side note of this, found something new playing ostfront last week, that you can use the number pad to give tanking orders to the rest of your crew, num8 for forward num2 for back, num7/num9 for turn a little left/right...:troll:
LOL, I didn't know about that! Every time I let AI drive they just kept moving in circles or going to stupid places :troll:

Upvote 0
automated voices are a bad thing.

"Reloading!" = "hey come and shoot me"
"watch out! Granade!" = " i am here throw an other one"

Yes, I understand what you mean and I agree.

But you can do that to kill your opponent too :

Imagine you're playing as MG. Some Russians know you're camping, and they wait you to reload. You know that, so in order to kill them, you open your "chat box" (the same we have in RO:Ost) and say "Reloading !". You'll maybe see some Russians rushing, thinking you're realoding while you were just waiting for them :troll:

Moreover, I think that random speeches is realistic and give a better immersion. The problem is that IRL, only a few soldiers knew the Russian language (if they were Germans) or the German (if they were Russians). Today it's different, even if Germans and Russians may have an advantage :p

Upvote 0
I don't really like automatic shouts (reload etc) as has been mentioned, it gives away information - I'd much rather struggle to hear the clinks and clatter of a reload than hearing someone screaming about it. It's fine if you're in a group and the shout benefits teamwork (grenade shouts for example) but if you're on your own then it's pointless, you're making it harder for yourself.

As a carry-over from ye olde Day of Defeat days I bind important shouts (sniper/MG/tank/grenade/reloading) to the numpad and use them frequently - there were no random shouts in RO:OST.

Upvote 0
It would be possible to have those "reloading" and "Im hit need bandages" sounds to be team only =).

that would be even worse, imo.

Don't you hear random voices from the enemy in Ost? Or is it really them using some command? I've at least won many encounters due to these "warnings".

no there were/are not random sounds.

Upvote 0
For me I can see why people would dislike automatic taunts and other yelling communication, but I can also imagine how this sort of thing was used and abused in real life to get an upper hand on the enemy.

I wasn't there, but I'd guess that a lot of yelling took place in heavy fighting. And it seems to happen today even with radio communication. Being able to hear your enemy yell and taunt might be a neat addition to the game.

Done right, I think it'd be a realistic feature that would play into the game's tactics well.

Upvote 0
Im with OP - After playing Bad Company 2 i was completely satisfied with the way sound and voice was done in that game.

The random outbursts or remarks you hear around you jsut make the game soooo much better.

TAKE TAHT *********.

I GOT ONE

MI POPALI V DERMO!!!!

NAS ATAKUYUT!!

SNIPER!!

just random ones that i occasionally hear - the small bits of information htat you hear can save your life actually, the grenade and sniper calls make you change tactics pretty damn fast

Upvote 0
those automated voices gives away positions,how many times I killed cause they shouted while reloading,trowing nades,or GOT ONE - when they kill some team mate of yours.

Auto shouts implemented trows in more fun to the game yes,but since its the main thing to give your position away,I would have to say NO except on ly your team can hear those auto shouts.and offcourse the taunts every one can hear since they are trigger manually.

Upvote 0
The most annoying thing about was the voice actors of Ostfront, the mod ones were better and too there was some variety. I wish even more variety for HoS, like about 8-10 different voices per side so it won't be always the same German/Russian shouting.
The American ones in DH are the best! Somebody give me a bangalore!!! :troll:

Upvote 0
Im with OP - After playing Bad Company 2 i was completely satisfied with the way sound and voice was done in that game.

The random outbursts or remarks you hear around you jsut make the game soooo much better.

TAKE TAHT *********.

I GOT ONE

MI POPALI V DERMO!!!!

NAS ATAKUYUT!!

SNIPER!!

just random ones that i occasionally hear - the small bits of information htat you hear can save your life actually, the grenade and sniper calls make you change tactics pretty damn fast
Exactly, this is what I'm talking about.

Upvote 0