• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Creating a Boss..?!

Nemesis1337

Nov 29, 2009
I read ALOADSATHREADS about creating Boss specimen, so my question is:

It is possible to increase the size and healthpoints of a specimen and add it as a "new" type of specimen??
How difficult would this be?

I think this is the easiest way to create a boss monster and i want to try that.
Im a bloody noob in modding but i want to get started :p

I think increasing a specimen's size and health can even be done by mappers without coding, modeling 'n stuff.

But just increasing a specimen's size doesn't realy help.
*exaggeration*
You could make a huge (I mean REALY HUGE) 'Poundzilla' and it wouldn't be a threat at all cuz it wouldn't fit through a door
and once they've reached a certain size they can't even hit you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's possible by simply creating a class that extends ZombieFleshPound, and by altering the relevant properties (Health, HealthMax, CollisionHeight, CollisionRadius, ColHeight, ColRadius, ColOffset, DrawScale, Prepivot, MeleeRange, HeadScale, I think that's all the important ones). The only problem is that ragdolls don't scale, so when he dies all of his limbs will shrink in width and it'll look totally bizarre. The only solution there is to either make your own ragdoll (difficult I'm sure) or just reduce him to gibs all the time instead of spawning a ragdoll when he dies.

Upvote 0
i can help you with the HP, but i dont have idea how to modify the size dude xD if anyone tell us how to modify the size i really apreciate it

well.. to modify the HP just type in the console:

set KFMod.KFMonster Health x <- the hp do u want

and if you want to modify the hp of the head:

set KFMod.KFMonster Head Health x

this commands desactivate the perks...

Upvote 0
well if you want to get frisky, check my Mission Tutorial, and scroll down a few to Creating New Zombie Type.

Whats your going to do is create a New Zed type in the editor, then you can edit all of its info W/O having to code anything.

Lol you can also change the drawscale of the Zed (this of course does not change the hit box though I dont think)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's possible by simply creating a class that extends ZombieFleshPound, and by altering the relevant properties (Health, HealthMax, CollisionHeight, CollisionRadius, ColHeight, ColRadius, ColOffset, DrawScale, Prepivot, MeleeRange, HeadScale, I think that's all the important ones). The only problem is that ragdolls don't scale, so when he dies all of his limbs will shrink in width and it'll look totally bizarre. The only solution there is to either make your own ragdoll (difficult I'm sure) or just reduce him to gibs all the time instead of spawning a ragdoll when he dies.
do u know the correct values for a zed with drawscale 20 ? :rolleyes: i want to create a mut
the giant crawler boss, but i need help putting the correct values for collisions etc..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
do u know the correct values for a zed with drawscale 20 ? :rolleyes: i want to create a mut
the giant crawler boss, but i need help putting the correct values for collisions etc..

The correct values depend entirely on the specimen, and you'll need to do a little experimenting to find good values. Using this plugin I wrote you can see the collision cylinders for enemies (you must enable it in the mutator configuration), so that should help you.

Upvote 0
Where is the Health property?

Where is the Health property?

I definitely changed this somehow for a custom patriarch a little while ago. Now I want to tweak the value and can't find it anywhere in the Properties window. I find references to the boss class Health property in the code but can't find where its declared. I believe it was just in the property grid, can anyone confirm if this is removed? What can I do?

Also if anyone has a successful boss zed that they would like to share with me it would save me time. I just want a big goliath to appear in one area where doorways won't be an issue. I don't really care which zed it is, I will be tempted to use anything if it has been done for me.

Upvote 0
I definitely changed this somehow for a custom patriarch a little while ago. Now I want to tweak the value and can't find it anywhere in the Properties window. I find references to the boss class Health property in the code but can't find where its declared. I believe it was just in the property grid, can anyone confirm if this is removed? What can I do?

It's in ZombieBossBase, if you have created a custom boss thats extended off the default, just change your HealthMax & Health

Upvote 0
It's in ZombieBossBase, if you have created a custom boss thats extended off the default, just change your HealthMax & Health

This is what I was afraid of; the values aren't in there :( All I get is
ClawMeleeDamageRange
ImpaleMeleeDamageRange
MGDamage
PipeBombDamageScale

Perhaps this is simlar to the bug with the surface properties that renders some of the controls inaccessible.

I suppose I can probably just override the constructor function and set the values to what I want there. If its like other programming I know.

Ok so I found this function and modified like so, will that be ok? I noticed that the base class in KFMonster sets Health = HealthModifier, but I'm dubious of this as the HealthMax doesn't seem to be addressed.
simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
super.PostBeginPlay();
HealthMax *= 3;
Health *= 3;
}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is what I was afraid of; the values aren't in there :( All I get is
ClawMeleeDamageRange
ImpaleMeleeDamageRange
MGDamage
PipeBombDamageScale

Perhaps this is simlar to the bug with the surface properties that renders some of the controls inaccessible.

I suppose I can probably just override the constructor function and set the values to what I want there. If its like other programming I know.

Ok so I found this function and modified like so, will that be ok? I noticed that the base class in KFMonster sets Health = HealthModifier, but I'm dubious of this as the HealthMax doesn't seem to be addressed.
simulated function PostBeginPlay()
{
super.PostBeginPlay();
HealthMax *= 3;
Health *= 3;
}

Just set the new health and new healthmax in the default properties of the hard pat uc file, but ^ that should work i think.

Upvote 0