• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
You know I was thinking. . .

Instead of gunslinger we should vote for a "Clint Eastwood" perk.

It involves many weapon like the Dirty Harry .44, mainly western influenced weapon.

The skin is almost here as in the movie "Pale Rider" we already have the preacher skin.

He can receive bonuses for the .44 and LAR to fit the theme!

There we have the best perk ever!!

Eastwood Killer Perk lol?

Now that the recoil and speed bonuses of the sharpshooter are gone, I would hope that some sort of gun slinger perk comes out, clint eastwood or not.

Upvote 0
I'm really liking the idea of this perk. Need a lot of specimens killed quickly (think commando)? The gunslinger(GS) can do a decent job filling in. Have something big that needs killed? No problem the gunslinger will take the place of that sharpshooter and do a reasonable job. Now that the sharpshooter has been toned down leaving a little more room for the GS than it had when this thread started. I keep looking but I can't find a gunslinger mutator on google. Am I just searching wrong or is there not one?

Upvote 0
Bumpety! :)

Regarding what perk powers you could get, i have a few which i think might work to make the perk feel as unique as possible:

Bonuses (at level 6):
* 70% pistol damage bonus - Standard bonus

* 50% pistol reload speed bonus - Standard bonus too

* 70% pistol discount - Another standard bonus

* Spawn with Dual 9mm's at level 5 and Dual HCs at level 6
- Basic stuff again

* 50% pistol draw speed bonus - Taking out your pistols goes 50% faster than other weapons. This is a better benefit than you might imagine, and also goes along with his versatility, when he needs to change weapon (and his area of expertise) he needs to change pistols quickly!

* 40% GENERAL recoil reduction
(applies to not only pistols!) - Is "explained" by his dualwielding pistol expertise. If anything has lots of recoil, its a pistol held in only one hand.

* Run n Gun bonus - What this means is that when you run, the weaponsway left to right is alot less shifty (easier to aim while running) AND, while you use your ironsights, the speed penalty is heavily reduced and the weapon sway is ofc still heavily reduced which also allows for easy runnin and gunnin even while ironsighting :)

* 15% movement speed bonus - Might be nice for the agility and such, but it's a scrappable bonus too

* ZED reactions - During ZED time, your runspeed is increased slightly and your reload bonus and recoil bonus are heavily boosted for the pistols, and your semiautomatic weapons turn "full auto" (just hold fire down and it shoots at highest possible RoF during ZED time). This sorta promotes teamwork with Zerkers and Commandos who can extend ZED time :cool: The fullauto during ZED time also points heavily at Dualwielding, as the Rate of Fire is the highest while dualwielding and you can shoot for a longer time with 2 pistols than with only 1 (double "magsize")

Now to levelling the perk, what should it level with? Just the simple "damage done" requirement?

Upvote 0

* ZED reactions - During ZED time, your runspeed is increased slightly and your reload bonus and recoil bonus are heavily boosted for the pistols, and your semiautomatic weapons turn "full auto" (just hold fire down and it shoots at highest possible RoF during ZED time). This sorta promotes teamwork with Zerkers and Commandos who can extend ZED time :cool: The fullauto during ZED time also points heavily at Dualwielding, as the Rate of Fire is the highest while dualwielding and you can shoot for a longer time with 2 pistols than with only 1 (double "magsize")

I like this idea. I think you should also have a turning speed increase as well.

Now to levelling the perk, what should it level with? Just the simple "damage done" requirement?

"Zed time kills" or "Zed time accquired" could work out ok. It'd be nice to have something a little more unique than "shoot zombies in the face repeatedly for this kind of weapon for this amount of times."

Upvote 0
Actually I've been thinking about something like this. I downloaded the jack carver weapon mut (the mk23 pistols). Often times I solo play with two 9mm, two mk23, and two hand cannons just for the sheer action star feel it has to it.

The entire time I'm doing this I'm thinking "There needs to be a perk that can take advantage of such a unique setup!" Make it happen Tripwire!!!

Upvote 0
Actually I've been thinking about something like this. I downloaded the jack carver weapon mut (the mk23 pistols). Often times I solo play with two 9mm, two mk23, and two hand cannons just for the sheer action star feel it has to it.

The entire time I'm doing this I'm thinking "There needs to be a perk that can take advantage of such a unique setup!" Make it happen Tripwire!!!

Yes, Berettas, Mk.23s, Desert Eagles and this fella:

Spoiler!

It'd be a brilliant setup.

Upvote 0
It's taken some time to skim through this thread.

My intial response to the OP was a no, I didn't like the idea in genreal. But with the community's feedback and suggestions I now feel that this could indeed be a viable class. One that no doubt I'll play with now and again for a laugh.

So yes, I give my support to this to be the next perk.

Upvote 0
I think this is a viable perk. Perks don't have to be super balanced and completely fair. That makes a boring game, everything is the same just different. I think a perk being cool is good enough to make it. Many people who play certain perks in killing floor play them cause they think they're cool and they like the style, not cause they're going to be the easiest way to survive HoE. Though it would be nice for the perk to have enough bonus's so that it can contribute to the team on HoE.

One bonus that I haven't seen yet suggested, though I didn't read all 71 pages or whatever, is that the aim be improved with dualies. It seems to me that the left and right pistols shoot to different points on the screen, so with each perk level you could move where they shoot closer together on the screen.

Another cool attribute you could do for gunslinger is a shooting from the hip bonus, especially with the revolver maybe. Maybe a faster reload or quicker weapon switch.

Upvote 0
One bonus that I haven't seen yet suggested, though I didn't read all 71 pages or whatever, is that the aim be improved with dualies. It seems to me that the left and right pistols shoot to different points on the screen, so with each perk level you could move where they shoot closer together on the screen.
Nope, that hasn't been suggested! Might be a nice mini-bonus :)

Another cool attribute you could do for gunslinger is a shooting from the hip bonus, especially with the revolver maybe. Maybe a faster reload or quicker weapon switch.
But all of these have already been suggested though (faster reload and quicker weapon switch have been suggested, among others, by me :p Just look a few posts up what i suggested :))

Upvote 0