• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated SV doesn't work

xRevaNx

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 5, 2011
Well, it "work", i can connect with my ip 192.168...., but it's my ip from MY network, not my real IP. I just cant connect with my real IP ( 189....) and when i try to add it in my favorites, the server appears with the name "Unknow Server" and "?" ping. I am on the DMZ of my router. I already configured my firewall. What more can I do?

Well that's not what you said originally... ;)

Check that the ports are actually open by using a tool like the one on PortForward: http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Close the server and game, run the program, and go through each port or set of ports in turn and see if they are open. If they come back as anything else then you have something blocking them even though you are in the DMZ and you say your firewall is configured.

Upvote 0
From the sticky topic about the dedicated server tutorial:

7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

And yes, if you've added the computer's IP address that is running the server to the DMZ then in theory it should bypass the need for this, but sometimes routers don't do what they should. You could try adding those to the port forwarding rules section in the router and turning off the DMZ just to try if it says your ports are closed.

Upvote 0
From the sticky topic about the dedicated server tutorial:

7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8075 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

And yes, if you've added the computer's IP address that is running the server to the DMZ then in theory it should bypass the need for this, but sometimes routers don't do what they should. You could try adding those to the port forwarding rules section in the router and turning off the DMZ just to try if it says your ports are closed.
i checked my ports cause i had the same problem, and they dont work, even tho i frwrded them. how do i fix this?

Upvote 0