• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question

I'm pretty sure they do read most things on the forum, but I wouldn't expect anything from that.

They've spent a long time designing the game, odds are they've considered much of what you've suggested (Weapon jams - Not in, Medics - Not in, Player controlled arty - Not in, Death messages - Already changed, Pistols - already limited to specific classes) and already decided what they want to do with them.

And without meaning to sound disrespectful, most of these things have been discussed before - in great detail even as far back as early mod days before this particular forum existed, when I imagine the ideas and suggestion forum was far more useful due to fact they weren't all dedicated developers at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadwiick
Upvote 0
Remember this.

As important as you think your opinion is, it's not. As good as you think your 'ideas' might be, they aren't.
If you were in their shoes would you really listen to half the crap people come up with on these forums? I mean, some of the utter s*** people dribble is just f***ing stupid.

The truth hurts.

Upvote 0
At this point, most suggestions are either things already in that we don't know about, or won't be making it in.

It's a forgone conclusion the games planned features and gameplay have already been set. It's just a question of development to get as much of that in as possible, testing and optimizing.

Back in '06, Ramm thought there was a leak, because a bunch of my suggestions happened to match the new upcoming features.

Upvote 0
Remember this.

As important as you think your opinion is, it's not. As good as you think your 'ideas' might be, they aren't.
If you were in their shoes would you really listen to half the crap people come up with on these forums? I mean, some of the utter s*** people dribble is just f***ing stupid.

The truth hurts.

...So a flag bearer class is out?...

Upvote 0