• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Steam is getting slammed right now. Try changing your download region. That may speed up you downloads. Pick somewhere there are not a lot of people.

I didn't get it from Steam. ;)

Finally finished though. I'll give it a go - doubt I will like it as much as Crysis, but but $12 it was worth a try.

Edit: It finally finished. It did take forever, but maybe the updater was just running slow at the moment.

The overall game does seem pretty nice, and I think I am happy with spending $12 on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A friend is having an issue with this game.

I can play on Punkbuster servers fine but he can not.

He is always being blocked when attempting to join. He uninstalled and reinstalled it and it does not do anything.

He also has it enabled in the main menu of BFBC2.

How do you fix Punkbuster?

And how exactly do you unlock new weapons? Just by killing people and completing objectives?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More than the strength of the guns, it's the strength of the add ons that count.

The M16 is a great weapon. But when you put a red dot and magnum ammo on it, it becomes a god weapon.

The same is true for pretty much every other non-sniping weapon in the game.

actually for the higher ROF weapons i find the stability thing to be better, as it reduces the recoil to zilch. (f2000)

Upvote 0
The first guns are not that bad, it was 10 times worse before the update that really nerfed the OP weapons and buffed the 1st ones.

I'll disagree. The weapons I picked up where considerably better.

The AUG I used had little to no recoil plus a really high rate of fire. It made killing enemies much easier.

When they have scopes and silencers it is worse.

I really don't like games with such features.

But the thing I really don't like is that up front you are stuck with only 1 primary weapon per class. They get old quickly.

Still, it is not a bad game for $10. I am not sure if I would have paid more, but so far I am happy with it.

Reactions: mistk�fer
Upvote 0
But how do you know about the weapon balance upon release if you just bought the game and not sure if you would have bought it for full price?

The M60 did for instance 25 dmg instead of as it is now 16.7. The first engie and assault guns got buffed dmg at range and the most OP weapons got nerfed. If you think it is OP now, it was way more OP back then.
If you pick up someones aug with perks/unlocks or whatever it is called then you get them too, so an aug with 25% extra damage will ofcourse feel way better than your AEK ^^. At least that is how I remember it ^^, I might be wrong (I cant play the game as I said earlier :p)

Weapon stats on release:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6962249/vapenskadainfo1.jpg

Weapon stats now:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll disagree. The weapons I picked up where considerably better.

The AUG I used had little to no recoil plus a really high rate of fire. It made killing enemies much easier.

When they have scopes and silencers it is worse.

I really don't like games with such features.

But the thing I really don't like is that up front you are stuck with only 1 primary weapon per class. They get old quickly.

Still, it is not a bad game for $10. I am not sure if I would have paid more, but so far I am happy with it.

Mhh I disagree. AEK was pretty much useless pre-patches, but now it's a mediocre-good gun frequently used by 50 level players. It's not underpowered in any way. AUG is the definition of a mediocre gun though, it spreads too much and therefore is not usually used.

Engineer's starting gun(9A11) is the best gun for Engineer class. It has the best <40m damage except of sniper rifles and if you slap a 4x scope on it, it becomes a mowing machine. Only disadvantage is 20 bullet magazine, which is not a problem if you take care.

Medic's PKM is another mowing machine. It does as much damage as M60, but shoots faster and is more accurate. Again the best gun, and probably the most used medic gun these days.

Well, for M24 I don't need to say much. Pretty much all the sniper rifles are the same, except for M95 and semi-auto ones.

So your opinion is statistically incorrect :troll: The starting guns are the best overall weapons & the rest are good for specific situations. You're an Assault player and the map is now an open landscape-long range map? Take an AN-94. Is it close range? Grab an F2000 and fill them with lead. Medium range? XM8, M416 and so on.

I disagree about "one weapon type per class is bad", it makes classes much more unique and distinct. This is a teamwork oriented game after all. You have "common weapons" like G3, M14 & shotguns to balance things out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
AEK was awesome, first gun I went gold with and I had the most kills with it too. But I agree that the AUG sucked. Also I hated the AN-94 because aiming with the ironsights(since the red dot sights are simply glued on top which looks retarded so I don't use that on guns where it doesn't fit) was pretty much impossible

*edit* Ok I stop playing vietnam now. The non-existence of skill balance is still not acceptable. Whereas at the beginning the chances to get on a server where team a totally rapes team b the whole time were maybe 40-50%, now it's the case on at least 90% of the servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*edit* Ok I stop playing vietnam now. The non-existence of skill balance is still not acceptable. Whereas at the beginning the chances to get on a server where team a totally rapes team b the whole time were maybe 40-50%, now it's the case on at least 90% of the servers.

Whenever this happens it's usually because one team has some kind of organization, where intentional or not. Sticking with your squad and attacking in force proves to be very effective most of the time. Vietnam is less forgiving on unorganized teams and that's why you see teams frequently get steamrolled.

Upvote 0
A friend of mine gave me control over his Dallas BC2 32 player server. I have it all patched and updated with Vietnam.

Finally got the server up and running.

b_560_95_1.png

Here are the settings:
16 Player Conquest (Dallas, Tx)
No Crosshairs
No Killcam
1st Person Vehicle View Only
Vehicles also take longer to respawn (15-16min roughly)
Mini Map is on, however;
No Mini Map or 3D Spotting (No triangles over player's heads)

Trying to basically keep it less spammy than most servers.

Upvote 0
Replies in bold.

Medic's PKM is another mowing machine.

Compared to the MG3 + scope I picked up, it was underwhelming.

Is it close range? Grab an F2000 and fill them with lead. Medium range? XM8, M416 and so on.

Save for the M24, the F2000 was easier to use at a long range compared to the other starting weapons. The red dot helped me a lot. ;)

I disagree about "one weapon type per class is bad", it makes classes much more unique and distinct. This is a teamwork oriented game after all. You have "common weapons" like G3, M14 & shotguns to balance things out.

You missed the point. I said different weapon choices would be nice at the start. Say the Assault Class can use the AEK or M16 up front. Give us a choice.

On another note, what the hell where they thinking when they gave the medic the machineguns? :p

Some odd weapon choices for each class IMO.

Upvote 0
Actually I do find the PKM to be pretty good, as well as the Engineer's suppressed weapon.

The rest seem to be lame to me.

I'll play some more today and hopefully unlock some stuff.

How does the Friends system work to? I can find my friend's name, and send an invite. How does he accept it? He clicks on the Friend's tab but it does not show an invitation?

Upvote 0