• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I don`t think so

jocke

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 31, 2010
I have seen many threds where people says that you shoud make the game realistic like cod black ops. Cod is not realistic att all. whit almost no time for bullets to travel, no balistics, generating life in yust a few seconds after being shot at. Cod is not ment to be realistic. the graphics in black ops is ok.

What i woud love to se is realism in the same class as ArmA 2. The best ww2 game i know now is a mod for ArmA 2, but i hope you can change that :) .

I want to add that i dont have anyting against cod. but its not realistic!

What i woud love to se is realism in the same class as ArmA 2.
What? Please no!
ArmA2 is too stiff. Soldiers move like a zombies. Designers wanted to make game realistic as possible and they made it boring and (surprise) somewhat unrealistic.

Of course it's good if game is realistic, but we can't forget about gameplay and fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have seen many threds where people says that you shoud make the game realistic like cod black ops. Cod is not realistic att all. whit almost no time for bullets to travel, no balistics, generating life in yust a few seconds after being shot at. Cod is not ment to be realistic. the graphics in black ops is ok.

What i woud love to se is realism in the same class as ArmA 2. The best ww2 game i know now is a mod for ArmA 2, but i hope you can change that :) .

I want to add that i dont have anyting against cod. but its not realistic!

Black Ops is an arcade shooter, Arma is an ultra realistic shooter, Red Orchestra falls in between.

Red Orchestra is realistic with ballistics, limits on classes, real mechanics, big maps, ETC, but it still has fluid controls and action.

So the point is in HoS you won't be running around and dying every 5 seconds like in CoD, but you won't be sitting in a truck for 30 minutes like Arma.

Upvote 0
Black Ops is an arcade shooter, Arma is an ultra realistic shooter, Red Orchestra falls in between.

Red Orchestra is realistic with ballistics, limits on classes, real mechanics, big maps, ETC, but it still has fluid controls and action.

not this real-life-is-really-stilted stuff again...

on a side note, it's not that the cod bullets take almost no time to travel, they take no time at all in that you're firing hitscan lasers at people that occasionally (ie every second bullet) send a really slow tracer light across where you're firing to make sure no one can't see where you're shooting from :troll:

Upvote 0
Jocke said:
whit almost no time for bullets to travel

Argh.
Submachine guns had really short range of "effectiveness", especially in urbanized city, approx. 30 meters. Bullet escaping barrel 500m/s will travel this distance in 0,06 second, so game can use "teleporting bullets" system.
BUT WHO CARES

Jocke said:
Cod is not realistic att all.

Sorry, but I just had to add this.
thx-captain-obvious.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimsky and SQBsam
Upvote 0
... approx. 30 meters. Bullet escaping barrel 500m/s will travel this distance in 0,06 second, so game can use "teleporting bullets" system....
Still.. if someone moves "sideways" of you (along your visual x-axis) at let's say 6 meters/sec then you have to aim 0.36 m ahead. Not really negigible, even at that close distances.
(mp40 approx 400 m/s muzzle velocity?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still.. if someone moves "sideways" of you (along your visual x-axis) at let's say 6 meters/sec then you have to aim 0.36 m ahead. Not really negigible, even at that close distances.
(mp40 approx 400 m/s muzzle velocity?)

I really didn't know that someone will care about my post :D.
I hated in ROOST that bullets from bolt action "toys" traveled distance from house to house in 1 second. Hell lot of time.

But why discuss here? ;) Moderators or admins should lock this topic.

Upvote 0
not this real-life-is-really-stilted stuff again...

on a side note, it's not that the cod bullets take almost no time to travel, they take no time at all in that you're firing hitscan lasers at people that occasionally (ie every second bullet) send a really slow tracer light across where you're firing to make sure no one can't see where you're shooting from :troll:

This is why i suck in COD, i always keep bullet fly time into account. But now i know this, just point and shoot.

Upvote 0
Of course what you didn't account for is the deceleration of the bullet, which is obviously significant. Muzzle velocity is basically the bullet's fastest velocity, but immediately after the point at which muzzle velocity is established, it begins to decelerate at a rate significant enough to say it makes a difference in how you should aim at moving targets. Even at only 30 meters, the bullet is definitely not going to be traveling at muzzle velocity.

Argh.
Submachine guns had really short range of "effectiveness", especially in urbanized city, approx. 30 meters. Bullet escaping barrel 500m/s will travel this distance in 0,06 second, so game can use "teleporting bullets" system.
BUT WHO CARES

Upvote 0
I really didn't know that someone will care about my post :D.
I hated in ROOST that bullets from bolt action "toys" traveled distance from house to house in 1 second. Hell lot of time.

But why discuss here? ;) Moderators or admins should lock this topic.

It's possible that network latency is to blame for as much as a 1 second travel time...how far away were these two houses?

Upvote 0