• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Questions about pipebombs.

japanimater

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 29, 2010
Since I am building a tactic around the demolition perk I was wanting to know something about the pipebombs. First, the role that pipebombs are to play in my tactics is to get as many pipes as I can carry and right before the patriarch, drop all of them into a pile at a corner in a hallway. Then I would stand on the pile looking down either end for the hallway watching for him. Once I spot him I would step around the corner away from his view to lure him into the pile o' pipes inflicting a mass amount of damage.

My question is, while I am sitting on a pipebomb and some other enemy comes near, will the pipe go off while I am sitting on them since there were times it seemed the didn't go off because I was too close. Another one is, is there a way I can force them to go off besides waiting for the enemy to set them off?

Pipes go off depending on how many/how large the zeds nearby are. One clot won't set them off, but many can; a single scrake will set them off as well. It doesn't matter how close to the pipes you are, they WILL go off and they WILL kill you when they do so. If you want to force a pipe to go off, you can shoot it.

Upvote 0
also, dont stack the pipes. when they are stacked on top of eachother the first to detonate will do full dmg, but then the rest won't even compare to the full amount of damage, it is best to spread them out. a couple feet apart would do it and all of the pipes would do its full extent of dmg.

Upvote 0
4 Clots, 2 Gorefasts, one Husk, Bloat, Siren, Scrake or Fleshpound, these can set off a pipebomb. Oh, and direct hit from husk's fireball can blow up pipes. Don't stack them, leave one or two step space between them.

Consider the cost and limited number of pipebomb, i won't waste them on scrake . Hell if I need more than 3 pipebomb to drop just one sc I would leave it to other teammates. Pipes I would save for pounds, which can be dropped with just 2 pipebomb.

Though usually I just put 1 pipebomb right at the front line as a last defense.

Upvote 0