• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question reguarding London's Finest DLC

I'm somewhat curious in the thinking behind this pack, in particular it's naming.

With the characters Chopper Harris and Kevo the Chav it's obvious the pack is being tongue in cheek by calling itself London's Finest. But what throws me is the inclusion of a member of the Queen's Guard whom I was under the impression was a collection of highly trained infantry (the Gurkhas and Royal Marines among others) So could anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm not offended by it before anyone shouts buthurt at me just curious. Also if someone could link me to anything like concept art etc for KF I'd be grateful, my googlefu is not strong enough it seems.

On a side note though; it's rather depressing if chavs and football hooligans have become the stereotype for England, give me bowler hats and a broadsheet any day.

PS, I already know about Devvo.

I'm somewhat curious in the thinking behind this pack, in particular it's naming.

With the characters Chopper Harris and Kevo the Chav it's obvious the pack is being tongue in cheek by calling itself London's Finest. But what throws me is the inclusion of a member of the Queen's Guard whom I was under the impression was a collection of highly trained infantry (the Gurkhas and Royal Marines among others) So could anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm not offended by it before anyone shouts buthurt at me just curious. Also if someone could link me to anything like concept art etc for KF I'd be grateful, my googlefu is not strong enough it seems.

On a side note though; it's rather depressing if chavs and football hooligans have become the stereotype for England, give me bowler hats and a broadsheet any day.

PS, I already know about Devvo.

The naming was, indeed, tongue in cheek. And the "Queen's Guard" - no such thing. There is the "Brigade of Guards", which consists of the Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards (in order or precedence, if my memory serves me right). The Grenadier Guards are the senior infantry unit in the British Army, the Coldstream Guards are the oldest.

The Gurkhas and Royal Marines may have served guard duty at royal palaces - but that doesn't make them "Royal" or "Guards". Of course, the Royal Marines aren't part of the Army anyway - they are Navy.

Just being pedantic, as usual :)

Upvote 0