• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New score-board (so people start doing their perks' JOBS!)

That's opinion. Killing people because they don't play the GAME just how you want them to is wrong. You aren't the commander. A good rambo makes it easier for everyone by drawing specimens away from the group. If they really can take a "mighty army," let them.

The only people I try to kill in KF are griefers (for example, those who get people killed because they disagree with their strategy).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a medic and when i see people Rambo i kill them :/ by welding them in rooms with fleshpounds/ body blocking doors/ trying to heal them with my welder.

and yeah, Everyone in killinfloor plays to kill and seems to me the ones who cant cry over it. (Just an assumption) I my self usually go games with 40 kills or 6 kills, usually the only things i kill is scrakes and fleshpounds. But there would be no way of emptying the whole score board crap... NOW if you changed the money involved of killing specific specimens and healing, instead of this ****ty healing cash gimmeh some more so i can share it with my friends :p yes i usually get enough money to share but that is by completing the wave not by healing points, my idea is using perks as the only source of getting money if your a zerker you get money for the damage dealt with melee weapons. sharpshooters get money for head shots, supports damage/welding, medics healing.
^Just a quick idea^

I'd say simply have sharpie as headshots, so that sharpies start aiming, medic as healing done, so medics aren't zerkers in medic's armour, commando as stalkers killed, so that you can see if your commando teammate is lacking in kills and perhaps aid them by luring stalkers to them, support as either welding or damage done, or maybe both because some people play either way and you can't restrict the scoring on the perk without ruining it.

Just a quick idea i posted before lol.

Upvote 0
That's opinion. Killing people because they don't play the GAME just how you want them to is wrong. You aren't the commander. A good rambo makes it easier for everyone by drawing specimens away from the group. If they really can take a "mighty army," let them.

The only people I try to kill in KF are griefers (for example, those who get people killed because they disagree with their strategy).

Yes a good rambo does help the team.... but the point is they rambo all the time in any map. Maps like Foundry you can go rambo in quite easily, Rambo in Biotics Lab just gets you killed and leaves everyone else larger numbers of stronger specimens.

The point is rambo generally doesn't work and usually results in them getting killed. This style however has caused most specimens to spawn bunched up together and summarily the rest of the team gets flooded with high powered specimens all at once and getting wiped.

I see your point, and it is a valid one, I personally never leave anyone to die, but as a medic my issue with Ramboing is they massively over-extend me, and force me to either leave them to get killed or stand out in the open dodging specimens to heal him. The whole point of the game is to survive, and if the rambo can help me do that, then good to em. However if they fail and summarily cause me to lose, thats when I take issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Myself, I love the idea. Most times when I'm playing I'll either play the medic or the sentry in the back of the group who holds the door. I don't really care for the kill count scoreboard, my motto as far as medic goes is... "Mark of a medic; healthy team, low kill score." but even so I still dislike the fact that according to the scoreboard, I'm not pulling my weight. The whole primary secondary idea for the scoreboard might be a bit much, maybe one tier specific to each perk, but as is the scoreboard is more of a hastle than useful. The only thing it really does at the moment is encourage more people to rambo or kill steal.

Upvote 0
Ideally my scoreboard would show how much HP the medics have healed and would show how many kills of each specimen type you have, so people can tell if you are just mowing down clots or if you are going for the big ones.

If someone needs to be told to perform the role their class was meant to, that doesn't mean they're kill-stealers - it means they're unskilled. Smart players will always try to emphasize the strengths of their perk, anyone who doesn't is just going to get themselves killed all over a meaningless killcount.

Also, it seems a lot of people are concerned about killstealing. An easy fix would be to add another count for each specimen type in addition to kills - assists. I could see all 5 players getting an assist on the FPs and such, so everyone knows they did their part. Personally, the only time kill stealing annoys me is when I'm playing as firebug and people shoot specimens that are really obviously about to die from fire and pose no threat. Not only does it deprive me of an earned kill, it wastes their own ammo, which is bad for the entire group.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ideally my scoreboard would show how much HP the medics have healed and would show how many kills of each specimen type you have, so people can tell if you are just mowing down clots or if you are going for the big ones.
This is a great idea. Not only would it then say "Candlejack - lowest kills" It would also say "Candlejack - over 9000 healing done"
If someone needs to be told to perform the role their class was meant to, that doesn't mean they're kill-stealers - it means they're unskilled. Smart players will always try to emphasize the strengths of their perk, anyone who doesn't is just going to get themselves killed all over a meaningless killcount.
Quite right, being a F*ckwit as sharpie with the M14 and lolpwning the small fries isn't your job as a sharpie.
Also, it seems a lot of people are concerned about killstealing. An easy fix would be to add another count for each specimen type in addition to kills - assists. I could see all 5 players getting an assist on the FPs and such, so everyone knows they did their part. Personally, the only time kill stealing annoys me is when I'm playing as firebug and people shoot specimens that are really obviously about to die from fire and pose no threat. Not only does it deprive me of an earned kill, it wastes their own ammo, which is bad for the entire group.
Wait, all FIVE players? Last time i checked there was 6. And yeah, n00bs killstealing unthreatening burnt specs is the number one reason why i, and a lot of other people, don't play Firebug. Same with Berserker. Killing a spec while a zerker is running at it is just bad play. You can see they are going for it, and yet you shoot it. If score means that much to you then you should remember the point of the game.
This last part was not directed at you, i'm just using "you" 'coz it's convenient.
Yeah, add something about KS'ing from zerkers

Upvote 0
The simple solution is to add general points. The board should simply display Name, Points, Kills, and Ping. The primary objective of Points should be to promote teamplay while the second objective of Points should be to award money for participation.

There's already a point system in place: money. The problem is that the money can be depleted and having large amounts of it cannot be accepted as "playing your class correctly." There's also a system in place for awarding money for health healed, so we have already established an alternative way to rack up points. My proposal is to expand these ideas into Points which can be displayed on the score board.

Examples of Points being awarded:

• Damage healed
    1 point for every 15 HP healed.​
  • Damage dealt
    1 point for every 200 damage inflicted.​
  • Headshots
    1 point for every (1) headshot.​
  • Gibbing
    2 points for every 3 enemies exploded.​
  • Burning
    1 point for every 2 enemies set ablaze.​
(Simple examples. Extensive testing would have to be conducted to establish point distribution.)

As for money allotment, extra cash could be given at a 1:1 or 1:2 "Point to Dosh" ratio. It shouldn't be a massive amount but should add up to an extra tier 2 weapon after roughly 7 rounds on Hard or Suicidal difficulty if you've participated. Testing needed.

Upvote 0
I support this idea. But it wont increase team playing or decrease killwhoring/ramobs. Here is why:

Kill whores, rambos, and non-team players are generally the more selfish individuals in society (I know some of these people may not be selfish, but that is the exception and not the rule). Changing the scoreboard will not change the person. A scoreboard showing teamwork (or no scoreboard at all) would have little effect on these people, because they will still work just as hard at proving they are gods gift to killing floor. If anything it would make these players more brazen. Since there will be no tally of how "good" they are, they would go out of their way to make sure everyone can see just how awesome they are. So instead of trying to get a number higher than the person below them, they would just simply attempt to kill every single specimen that appears. It's a bit too much slippery slope, I know, but I think it would happen.

People that are already team players wont be swayed to be even more so either. I consider myself very heavy on the team play. When my team holds an area I am more than willing to let the commando hog all the kills so I can keep a door welded, heal my teammates, and save my shotgun ammo for the bigger specimens (instead of spamming shotgun rounds through the team in hopes of getting more kills). My behavior wouldn't really change because I can see how much of a team player I am. I (we) would continue doing things we think are good for the team, whether track is kept of them or not. Except I could revel in the fact that now I can see pretty big numbers every time I heal someone :p

Upvote 0
Score, or lack thereof, can definitely impact player behavior.

Here's an anecdote from a UT2004 invasion server I'm involved in running. There's a weapon on the server called a Vorpal weapon that kills monsters instantly, but only on a random basis. It can be combined with a player ability to make certain weapon abilities trigger more frequently, or strengthen their effects.

Well, players loved using this ability with the Vorpal weapon to kill every monster in sight and top the scoreboard. As soon as I adjusted Vorpal weapons so that killing monsters with the Vorpal effect while under the influence of the player ability awarded no points ... Well, lets just say I rarely see anyone use this combination anymore, even though it remains exactly the same power as it was before.

Upvote 0