• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Problem on level up soldiers

cucamonster

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
i recently bought the last Medal of Honor for PC.

And the game have the same level up system:

What happen is, in the first hours, we are all infantry soldiers, a normal soldier but, after some hours, everybody isallready level up, than their clothes change to a "old\dirt\boring" soldier.

The point is, that in a few hours of plaing, the common soldiers dissapear from the game, we all will became those old dirty soldiers without any "normal" soldier on the battlefield.

i suggest to give us an Clothing Option, like 3 diffrent costumes:

like even been in a upper level, you could choose to use the common clothes of infantry, that will make the game less repetitive with time.

Imagine all the players as old dirty bad looking soldiers.

Medal of Honor make that error and the game sounds kind'a stuppid now.

is like a giant combat only with Special Forces without regular infantry.

I hope you guys understant what i am telling. :rolleyes:

It would be cool to have some sort of model changer like that but really the way it works (from what I've heard) is that you start off in the game as fresh off the train to Stalingrad, and you're uniform is freshly tailored, helmet and boots have a nice shine, all ready to prove yourself to the Motherland. As you level up and Your uniform begins to tatter, and your boots and helmet are all scratched and dirty, and your face has allot of stubble and is dirty with ash and stuff. Characters won't all look the same i don't think, as they will most likely have models with different faces/ bodies and I would think that maybe you could level up your character again or something like that. Allot of this is speculation but needless to say there won't be 1 model of soldier all the time, just watch the gameplay videos, even having some men have caps and others have helmets they look like different people, and i think no matter what (unless your a sniper or officer/NCO) you will have your basic army uniform.

Upvote 0
From what we know (from interviews etc, from the stickied facts thread)

Character Progression: Players can gain experience and rank. Higher ranked players have access to rare weapons, equipment and classes. Higher ranked players are visually distinct from lower ranked players. If you do poorly, for example tk a lot you can rank down.

TWI have given no indication of exactly what improves, although they have suggested supression effects are reduced for veteran soldiers. I'd be surprised to see faster reloads/reduction in recoil/increased accuracy are included though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
I haven't been following the details too closely, but I always wanted to see some sort of rank/unlock system well implemented in a realism-based game.

Though if there's any reload speed/recoil reduction improvements that happen during rank ups, they should probably be pretty modest. Don't necessarily want to turn players who are already really good into absolute Ubermensch. The ruggedness idea is neat, though. Would make a well earned distinction between new players and old players, and would add strong meaning to the phrase "you look like a noob."

Obviously features like this are meant to "hook" players, and really that's an idea I support in this case. You take a look at a rather mediocre multiplayer experience like MW2, really a big part of what makes people play those is the addictive hype of shooting people and unlocking stuff. I'm assuming RO2's gameplay will genuinely be amazing, and a modest unlock/rank system would just keep even more people coming back, hopefully it won't add too much emphasis on being over-competitive, though.

Upvote 0
I think you should be able to pick your "avatar" for each team, you pick a German avatar for Germans and a Russia avatar for Russians.

Of course your avatar should be limited to the ethnicity of Germany/Soviet Union.

You can decide the age of the character, from late teens to early forties, but "ruggedness" would depend on your rank/what map your on.

Upvote 0
Is it true there will be upgrades in RO2 that increase your accuracy, reload speed etc? I will never accept it as a RO game in that case.

It was already mentioned in an interview, that they won't build in unrealistic upgrades which transform you into a superhero.

There was already an example given for a weapon unlock of the german sniper class - an upgrade that let you choose a different scope for the K98k (1.5x, 4x, 6x scopes).

In WW2 good and well known divisions got the best weapons/equipment. So my quess, think of the same with those high ranks.

Don't think of upgrades like more health, accuracy or speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
The way I see it, it might actually make things more immersive if the general population of soldiers went from being new recruits to more hardened-looking soldiers. After all, it didn't take long for a soldier to go from looking like a raw recruit to a veteran in Stalingrad, given the ferocity of the fighting. Also, both sides had difficulty bringing in fresh reinforcements at different points in the battle -- the Russians at the beginning when the city was essentially taken over by the Germans, and the Germans, when they were totally surrounded and cut off by the Russian counterattack.

And besides, I'm sure we'll have a steady enough influx of new players over the years of the game that you'll continue to see raw recruits. If Killing Floor's leveling system is any indication, I'm guessing its gonna take a really long time to level up anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Character customisation should be restricted to the facial features of the soldier, with ethnic and discipline limitations (a black German soldier with a big Stalin mustache would be quite weird :D), but the uniforms should not be touched. BUt I want to see medals on my uniform as I level up ^^

This, but the medals should be REALLY hard to get, I don't want to see everyone with an Iron Cross.

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0