• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the background sound.. and the sky

Nar6

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2010
France
Hello, i didn't find any other threads so let's go on !

As you may have all seen, there were not a lot of gameplay videos where we only saw a player gaming and that's all..
There was always someone to present the game and its features (which is good ^^)

Unfortunately, we couldn't really listen to the background sound..
I mean that i would like to know if there will be some kind of random events as far firings, many bombers flying in the sky and perhaps getting shot by the AA guns...
Or katusha rockets (which we would just hear and see ..)
Maybe some propaganda speeches ?
Flares ?
etc

It would be a good plus to add to immersion !

Reactions: Extension7
For singleplayer...

quite honestly, Call of Duty is a good model for ambient sounds and set pieces. In fact, a large portion of their persistent accolades come from their cinematic presentation and set pieces.

Honestly, as much as I hate the gameplay in CoD, I think the following is fantastic

YouTube - Call Of Duty Russian Stalingrad

For multi, I have always felt that Red Orchestra contains some of the best ambient noises in the entire genre....because they are generated by players. Fake ambient noises are not at all necessary in multiplayer. Even if you unconsciously made that happen in Red Orchestra, whatever you did, do it again. It's perfect and don't change it.

Upvote 0