• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF won't start

mister_tubs

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2010
XP SP3 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4000+
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800

I've owned this game for a while, played it before on this computer and it ran perfectly fine. So I decide to come back to it for a little X-mas special and it won't start. After the steam dialogue "preparing to launch KF" disappears, a mini splash for killing floor pops up and stays there. and stays there. and stays there. At least five minutes everytime before i end the process to get out of it. The longest I waited for it was 45 minutes. That's not cool.

I tried virtually all the 'fixes' in the stickied threads above but nothing has worked. I've tried turning off prechaching, changing cache size, other ini tweaks, reinstalling, reinstalling from a different download server, defragging, defragging game cache, verifying game cache, reinstalling my graphics drivers...

Am I missing something? This was perfectly payable before...what gives???

I'm pretty sure I don't have any virus, I used to work at an IT helpdesk to remove viruses among other things. KF's minimum requirement is 1GB RAM, I have 2. Like I said, it has run before on this same computer but I guess you're right on the last one. So if someone could point out the troubleshooting steps to solve "KF doesn't like my pc" that would be great.

Upvote 0