• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Character idea (re-enactor)

Xerxes17

Jun 13, 2007
Richard the re-enactor has always had a fascination for military history, especially for the soviet army in world war two. You can only imagine his surprise when he got a chance to get stuck in with his non-replica authentic bayonet for real with the horizine outbreak. Better yet, his gun doesn't fire blanks anymore!

Use the Red Orchestra model with the helmet. Possibly add in PPSh for commando and the M44 Carbine for Sharpshooter?

Last edited:
Reactions: trick
Of all rifles from WW2, why the Russian M44? :v

read dat thread. I talk about it.

Of course, I also ask in that thread for other ideas of perhaps weapons better suited for KF.

But I feel that we should all take that debate to that thread, I hate to feel like Im 'taking over' someones thread:eek:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Lal, I even posted in that thread suggesting that the Enfield be ported from Mare Nostrum instead and forsaking the fact that the M44 is already done, you could quell all the suggestions coming in for the Enfield rifle.

well please, tell us how the enfeild is better...I was waiting for you to explain (to be honest, I forget which one that is), and now I'm curious.

So please, go on.

Upvote 0
well please, tell us how the enfeild is better...I was waiting for you to explain (to be honest, I forget which one that is), and now I'm curious.

The enfield isn't necessarily better unless Candlejack is here to say different. It's just that KF is a british-set game and you have a good few people who love the idea of british weapons instead of the outlandish kinds of weapon that KF is filled to the brim with, i.e MAC, M79, AK, MP7, SCAR, M32, Desert Eagle, etc. Ironically, there's only one british weapon in KF so why not make it two, instead? A lot of people have been asking for a bolt-action rifle, perhaps one with a scope and the call for a boltie in the game is a perfect thing for the Enfield! People will be very happy to see a classic british gun in a game set in and around london instead of yet another foreign gun, in this case, a classic russian rifle, where we already have a classic russian assault rifle - the AK-47.

Upvote 0
The enfield isn't necessarily better unless Candlejack is here to say different. It's just that KF is a british-set game and you have a good few people who love the idea of british weapons instead of the outlandish kinds of weapon that KF is filled to the brim with, i.e MAC, M79, AK, MP7, SCAR, M32, Desert Eagle, etc. Ironically, there's only one british weapon in KF so why not make it two, instead? A lot of people have been asking for a bolt-action rifle, perhaps one with a scope and the call for a boltie in the game is a perfect thing for the Enfield! People will be very happy to see a classic british gun in a game set in and around london instead of yet another foreign gun, in this case, a classic russian rifle, where we already have a classic russian assault rifle - the AK-47.

Well, I voted for the M44 for maximum PR power. I mean, the English weren't at Stalingrad, and it's called "Red Orchestra" for a reason; you could go with the Enfeild, but it seems like the oppurtunity for a little advertisement would be better suited with something more Russian.
It went WAY offf topic. How is that a NEW CHARACTER!? o_o

well, I suggested we all evacuate to my thread, but it seems we ain't, so I'll just wait until OP gets involved. He asks for us to leave, then at least I will.

However, he did suggest the M44 as well, so I'll just call it an "exploration of details":p

Upvote 0
Well, I voted for the M44 for maximum PR power. I mean, the English weren't at Stalingrad, and it's called "Red Orchestra" for a reason; you could go with the Enfeild, but it seems like the oppurtunity for a little advertisement would be better suited with something more Russian.

True, but there's no reason that it couldn't be done with a Kar98k rifle.

Really TWI could just say "Buy RO2 now and get the Lee-Enfield SMLE in Killing Floor" and that'd be the end of it. It's the same thing with getting Bill's hat in TF2 after pre-ordering L4D2 all over again, but a little less cosmetic.

But when you look at TWI's policy about not letting the game-changing things becoming exclusive for any reason, a WW2 re-enactor (I'm gonna go out and say someone like this guy) would be very, very appropiate. It keeps the british theme and the WW2 theme. It shouldn't matter whether it's a german or russian or not because it's not going to be in RO2 anyway.

Upvote 0
True, but there's no reason that it couldn't be done with a Kar98k rifle.

Really TWI could just say "Buy RO2 now and get the Lee-Enfield SMLE in Killing Floor" and that'd be the end of it. It's the same thing with getting Bill's hat in TF2 after pre-ordering L4D2 all over again, but a little less cosmetic.

But when you look at TWI's policy about not letting the game-changing things becoming exclusive for any reason, a WW2 re-enactor (I'm gonna go out and say someone like this guy) would be very, very appropiate. It keeps the british theme and the WW2 theme. It shouldn't matter whether it's a german or russian or not because it's not going to be in RO2 anyway.

well, I was thinking more along the lines of just making it a free update with it, and make sure to emphasize where its from, thereby making it the talk of the town.

Then you bring a new update, a new load of KF players, a new load of RO players, and a lot of people will hear "RO2" and it will bring more people there.

So everyone's happy, and new people are in every game TWI has developed.

Upvote 0
If TWI were ever to officially decide to add a WWII weapon to KF(not just for the sake of creating a bloody skin), then I would see the need for a character like this. Currently though, I'd rather see a couple more to fit the maps and current weapons. In a similar sense, perhaps a Wild West enthusiast. Bailing about as him with a Lever Action would be cool. Sure, there's already Spebbington from The Ball, but it's impossible for new players to get him now.

Upvote 0
WEll like others have said the idea for this is promotional. Also It's not for HoS but for ROOST. The population for the game has been on the decline and seeing how well the Christmas promotion has exploded KF player numbers I think a smaller but similar success could be done for ROOST.

On the topic of the weapon, I suggested the PPSh because it's an iconic weapon and would have a clear task in mind: killing trash zeds by the drum (magazine) full. The M44 was the other suggestion mainly because I've played around with the M44 mutator and I think it fits the theme of the game better than any of the other bolts. It's not a weapon that was made by an empire at the top of it's power (Lee-Enfield, Kar98, fullsize nugget). It's a shortened expedient model with the bayonet permanently attached.

Plus, imagine the taunts!

"If it was good enough to kill Nazi's then it's bloody good enough to kill zombies!"

Upvote 0
WEll like others have said the idea for this is promotional. Also It's not for HoS but for ROOST. The population for the game has been on the decline and seeing how well the Christmas promotion has exploded KF player numbers I think a smaller but similar success could be done for ROOST.

On the topic of the weapon, I suggested the PPSh because it's an iconic weapon and would have a clear task in mind: killing trash zeds by the drum (magazine) full. The M44 was the other suggestion mainly because I've played around with the M44 mutator and I think it fits the theme of the game better than any of the other bolts. It's not a weapon that was made by an empire at the top of it's power (Lee-Enfield, Kar98, fullsize nugget). It's a shortened expedient model with the bayonet permanently attached.

Plus, imagine the taunts!

"If it was good enough to kill Nazi's then it's bloody good enough to kill zombies!"

precisely!:D Its not just KF or HoS benefiting, but also ROOST. All of TWIs developed games would have attention drawn, no one would have to buy anything, everyones happy, and all TWI has to do is polish and tweak a weapon already made.

As for the PPsH, I don't quite know that one (is it that tommygun with extreme recoil?); I'll have to start playing ROOST more often (as of right know, Im mostly rifleman). Both are rather iconic guns of the franchise.

And the best part of all is that (the M44, at least) is well balanced, actually adding something useful into the game. And you can't charge TWI from copying their own game:p

Upvote 0