• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M14 EBR: Balance

The first point for the M14 is that there are those moments when you run headlong into a group of clots and get snagged, this is when a gorefast or Scrake is bearing down on you. You need ot free quickly but your trapped in the grasp of 4 clots. All of a sudden that 0.9 cycle time takes an age. 0.25 on the other hand allows you to fire shots nearly 4 times faster and makes it alot easier to escape from situations like this.

Level 6 sharpshooter gets a faster firing rate for only the winchester. The function is KFVetSharpshooter.GetFireSpeedMod(), which allows the sharpshooter to reduce the firerate from 0.9 to 0.5625 (8 shots in 4.5sec). I know the comment says "Up to 60% faster fire rate with Winchester" but function returns 1.6 and WinchesterFire.ModeDoFire() takes that 1.6 and divides it by the firerate, which is 0.9.

WinchesterFire.ModeDoFire()
Code:
    Rec = GetFireSpeed();

[COLOR=Navy]// KFTODO - Slomo compensation R&D, finish later if I have time - Ramm
//    if( bDoSlomoCompensation && Weapon.Level.TimeDilation != 1.1 )
//    {
//        FireRate = default.FireRate * ((Weapon.Level.TimeDilation /** 1.75*/)/1.1);
//        TweenTime = default.TweenTime * ((Weapon.Level.TimeDilation /** 1.75*/)/1.1);
//        log("default.FireRate = "$default.FireRate$" FireRate = "$FireRate$" Dilation Factor "$((Weapon.Level.TimeDilation * 2.0)/1.1));
//        //FireRate = default.FireRate/Rec * (Weapon.Level.TimeDilation/1.1);
//        FireAnimRate = default.FireAnimRate*Rec / ((Weapon.Level.TimeDilation /** 1.75*/)/1.1);
//        //ReloadAnimRate = default.ReloadAnimRate*Rec / ((Weapon.Level.TimeDilation * 2.0)/1.1);
//    }
//    else
//    {[/COLOR]
        FireRate = default.FireRate/Rec;
KFFire.GetFireSpeed()
Code:
function float GetFireSpeed()
{
    if ( KFPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.PlayerReplicationInfo) != none && KFPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.PlayerReplicationInfo).ClientVeteranSkill != none )
    {
        return KFPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.PlayerReplicationInfo).ClientVeteranSkill.Static.GetFireSpeedMod(KFPlayerReplicationInfo(Instigator.PlayerReplicationInfo), Weapon);
    }

return 1;
}
I've copied the sharpshooter fire bonus code in this post:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=669987&postcount=12

@[UIT] Akame
Your modified firerate should be 0.5625, as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
Ah cheers for that dude, I went on solo to test something on the sharpie and I did notice the cycle time had decreased... but of course there is nothing in the perk bonus list that would explain it... I suppose you could loosely say "reload speed" but either way I was a tad confused and didn't know how to work it out.

Modifying my post now ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe that the m14 coudl use a slight damage buff, but nothing significant. The SharpShooter class is designed for head shots and accurate fire, not for spamming. Anyone who spams with the Sharpshooter class (not including Dual weapons) is not using the correct class for their style of play and should counter this problem by changing to the Commando class.
The Crossbow was overpowered before for it's price, with a single shot to the head being able to kill a single FleshPound on Normal Difficulty with 6 players. Now that that has been changed, I believe that the damage specs on it are fine.
The M14 however needs a slight increase, even if it's by 20-50 damage, just to make it feel nicer.

Upvote 0