• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Cannot connect to any dedicated server! Need help.

bluefish2456

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2010
I just purchased Killing Floor. I defragged my game and verified my cache in Steam. I've done everything but I cannot seem to connect to any server. It's stuck on the black screen with "Connecting (press F10 to cancel)" What's the deal? No loading bar? This is absurd. I've never seen anything like this.

I wish my friends warned me about this first or else I would have never purchased the game. But now that I have it and I paid for it. I'd like to at least play it with others.

Is it my AVG anti-virus? I use Cable broadband with 22-28 mb/s. I play other games like Left 4 Dead, Black Ops, BFBC2, just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated. Yes, even you Admins! Thanks....

There's a few methods of connecting to servers.

1. Go to the master server list and select the server from there by double-clicking.

2. Again goto the server list and right click the server you'd wish to join, " copy server address " so it's in your paste bin, then right click on the black space on the "internet" tab. A menu will appear from the right click and select " open ip " Ctrl + V into the window and hit ok.

3. Add the server ip to your favorites tab and double click the server from there.

If none of the above works buddy then it's a port problem, you'll need to open the ports that are used by KF. If you just google " killing floor ports " i'm sure you'll get there, hope this helps.

Upvote 0