• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M44 Bayonet Rifle: Retail or Mod?

What are ya'lls opinions on adding the M44 "Moist Nugget" into the game? It's an already made bolt-action, bayoneted rifle, created via modders. It acts like a more powerful LAR, but with slower firing, more ammo, a bayonet, longer reload, and fewer bullets that can be pre-reloaded.

Sounds pretty balanced to me, and acts like it is, but what do you all think? What would it need in order to be retail-quality, aside from a quick polish?

That's what keeps me bothering. The berserker is all about close combat, and now the ranged perk could fight close and personal too? It would be way too complicated IMO..

have you tried it out? It's not exactly an excellent melee weapon. Sure, you can stop a meddling clot from fooling with your reloading, but you will be FAR from diving into the action. If you have more than one zed, or a zed higher than a gorefast, and you are toast; the animation is not lightning-fast and it's not a garunteed kill.

Hence why I said; I suggested it more for the gun than the bayonet.

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
I dont find the bayonet to be the most intriguing part though.

You see, its like in the rifle category, but it goes the opposite way of the m14; higher reload time, less ammo per clip, but it adds to those areas in which the m14 envies the LAR, like damage, or sights. Also, don't forget that this weapon is already made; TWI would only require a polish. New bayonets would lack the gun, and require work, basically putting 'Bayonets for everyone' in the 'good but unlikely' pile.

The bayonet is a fine feature though, for the M44; just not why I suggested it.

You said clip.

And it's right :D

And yes, a polish to make the conversion to KF superb. Minimal effort methinks.

Reactions: CA_Hiro and slavek
Upvote 0
Now I want nazi dlc character :(
sine this is on the top latelly to make all TF2...
melee.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43293[/URL]

This is the test/beta version I released a while back. A newer polished version will be in KF:1945 Mod.

Will it be possible to get the gun seperately, in case I just want normal KF with the inclusion of a polished new nugget?

Anyways, I digress. Somewhat more back on topic, what would be the proper trader cost? I find 900 unperked to be nice, but I'm not really sure.

Upvote 0
Nugget...? Nah... Sorry but of all RO weapons... this one I'd never concider :p
Just my opinion...

you know I mean the Mosin Nogget M44.

Anyways, the M44 is probably the one I think the game would benefit from the most. It provides a kind of counter to the M14. It adds a kind of spectrum to the rifle category. I don't care if the SS already has enough weapons, this would really suit the class, would benefit the game, and is already made.

And it would be an awesome tribute to RO. (slip in an ad for RO2, methinks?)

However, someone might have a different opinion ...perhaps a different RO weapon may be more suited. I know we shouldn't add more than 1...2 perhaps, but its pushing it. KF is a seperate game, but I feel that a single, well chosen weapon could benefit KF, RO, and TWI a great amount.

Last edited:
Upvote 0