• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta in 2011

Servers cost money, I wouldnt expect Tripwire to go blowing thousands of dollars on a bloated closed beta. The open beta would be mostly marketing, you don't need 20,000 people to tell you something is broken.
If you knew anything about RO Ost, you would know that there are enough bugs in that game to consider it broken according to some. In my opinion, they are not that trivial, but they are still easy fixes, had they been noticed.

So perhaps more people will find MORE bugs FASTER. Instead of 100 people missing a bunch and still taking longer to do.

Upvote 0
If you knew anything about RO Ost, you would know that there are enough bugs in that game to consider it broken according to some. In my opinion, they are not that trivial, but they are still easy fixes, had they been noticed.

So perhaps more people will find MORE bugs FASTER. Instead of 100 people missing a bunch and still taking longer to do.

and as an added benefit you get to play ROHOS early, hehehehe.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Was this in yestersdays podcast? I don't really understand why a bunch of competitive COD players should get keys, but it's okay as long as I get a key and they stay out of my server :)

it's part of twi strategy from the beginning. they want to get the mainstream portion of players because they can already count on the fans and the realism market.

Upvote 0
33vjj28.jpg

Upvote 0
they should do a beta like Eagle Dynamics.

If you pre-order and are frequently on the forums (ie >50 posts) you get the beta.

In this way server costs are managed (payed for by pre-order money) and those dedicated enough to buy a broken game so that they can have input into improving it can do just that.

:rolleyes:
OH YEAH! I like your thinking! *has 50+ posts* And I make lots of ideas/suggestions! :IS2:

Upvote 0
they should do a beta like Eagle Dynamics.

If you pre-order and are frequently on the forums (ie >50 posts) you get the beta.

In this way server costs are managed (payed for by pre-order money) and those dedicated enough to buy a broken game so that they can have input into improving it can do just that.

:rolleyes:

Once the big beta comes out i generally hope that they bring out beta dedicated server tools, and the beta sdk.

Those are things that need tweaking as well, TWI could just through the update tool disable some features so servers can only say host 1 map at a time or whatever.

Feedback on servers is important as well probably, just force all servers that run to have monitoring tools so twi knows how they respond.

Upvote 0