• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

A friend gifted L4D2 to me last night.. I've spent only about an hour playing it. My thoughts in comparison to KF - the guns in KF feel much better. The need for accuracy on the part of the player is much more tight in KF (which is a good thing). I agree, the Source engine blows.. it's too floaty, accuracy is unnecessary etc.

The one thing L4D2 does well and sets it apart from KF is it gives the players something to do. KF you just stand there and shoot. Every single map in KF has places where you can stand the entire map and never really feel like you're in danger.. and then thats it, you just stand there and fire. I literally watch television while playing KF. That's the one thing about KF that I found it severely lacked - something to do.

Upvote 0
I have been working more on my custom GRAW 1/2 mod. I call it "Armory Mod".

I have been playing through the campaign again with a friend with this mod.

Still have some work to do. I will try and see if I can remove the MK17 SCAR Marksmen's bipod, and will readd it as a normal MK17 SCAR H Long Barrel variant.

Then I will renable full auto, put the grenade launcher, Eotech, and Aimpoint on it.

So then there will be 4 SCAR variants in game. :D

I am also thinking of making an SDM-R.

This morning I fixed up some of the weapon/attachment names. The MEUSOC is now named M45 MEUSOC, Mk12 now MK12 SPR, ect.

And I have a lot of work left to do for the GRAW 2 version.

Outside of that, I have been playing HW2 and occasionally LOMAC.

I think I will give ArmA 2 another chance some time soon.

Upvote 0
BF Play4Free -> it's not as bad as I expected. Basically you could call it BF2:BC. Weapons have barely any recoil(which personally is ok for me in games where it takes lots of rounds to kill somebody) and from what I saw other guns' ironsights are misaligned again, seems to be a new DICE trend with them thinking people are too stupid to aim with the correct sights. Also no prone and it's very buggy atm. So I don't really see the point of this game, BF2 with all its mods = 50x superior.

Upvote 0
Replaying Final Fantasy IX for the first time in over a decade. It's still awesome, and Vivi is still the best FF character. Maybe it's just my rose-tinted glasses, but I really think FFVII and IX are the best in the series. I spent hours with FFXII expecting it to get better, but it didn't and I gave up on it.

Also picked up Worms World Party again. The only turn-based strategy I'll play, and I love the art style.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
Replaying Final Fantasy IX for the first time in over a decade. It's still awesome, and Vivi is still the best FF character. Maybe it's just my rose-tinted glasses, but I really think FFVII and IX are the best in the series. I spent hours with FFXII expecting it to get better, but it didn't and I gave up on it.

Also picked up Worms World Party again. The only turn-based strategy I'll play, and I love the art style.

FFIX is one of my favorite games for PSX. That and Vagrant Story. It sucks that my PS2 doesn't wanna read PSX games anymore :s thankfully I have the always loyal epsxe :)

I've spent almost 250h in FFIX xD (finished it 2 times). I think of FFXII as a bastard son of FFIX and Vagrant Story. Not enough to make awesome, but at least it have that FF flavor that FFX lacked

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- King's Field: The ancient City [PS2] (the previous game was far better :p)

Much <3 for King's Field, old skool as it is.

Vagrant Story

And that. It may be my all time favorite Square game, right ahead of Secret of Mana.

I'm shocked there are people that think IX was a great game though >.>

Currently replaying some King Arthur: The Roleplaying War game. The Fey King will rise again!

Upvote 0
i've just finished graw2 campaign which was pretty good really, i was expecting both graw games to be a let down but they compare reasonably well with the orgionals.

I have been working more on my custom GRAW 1/2 mod. I call it "Armory Mod".

can you play graw2 on the graw 1 maps? i like the city map(s) otherwise graw2 is better.

Upvote 0
can you play graw2 on the graw 1 maps? i like the city map(s) otherwise graw2 is better.

If you mean the single player maps then I am going to guess no.

I would think many of the props, textures ect. would be missing from GRAW 2.

Then the differences with how the spawning of AI (if there are any differences) would mess it up.

Assuming the props, models and textures can be converted, as well as redoing spawn areas and AI paths ect. I am sure it can be ported over.

I would think most stuff can be ported back and fourth (I've done it with weapons) between the games. Structure wise they are very similar.

But it would be a big project.

I would love to see it done though, that way I can use the new AI in the old maps.

And I just got Snowfella's permission to publicly release some of his 3D models. :D

Next I will ask Brezettie (I use some of his models to). If that goes good, I will bug fix it and release it to the public.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would think most stuff can be ported back and fourth (I've done it with weapons) between the games. Structure wise they are very similar.

But it would be a big project.

i just really like the city maps of graw 1, particularly with the square and the embassy, and it would be nice to play them in graw 2, which is otherwise much better.

The mp of graw 2 is not bad either - there's a ghost vs recon mode where which is a bit like search and destroy/CS bomb but has 3 objectives that can be taken in any order. It's pretty good.

I've been playing a bit of stalker SoC recently, that's a top game, and i'm thinking of checking the MP out (i have to patch it)
has anyone tried it? I doubt many play it as you don't think of MP for that game but i recon it could be good.

Upvote 0