• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fixed Bayonets as an option

Direct

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Toronto, Canadaland
For a small detail, could you allow the attacking side to have an option to spawn with bayonets already mounted on their weapons?

To think that if someone was going in to attack enemy positions they would do so well prepared.

EDIT: this is no way related to my other post about fixing a bayonet to the PPSh

Last edited:
For a small detail, could you allow the attacking side to have an option to spawn with bayonets already mounted on their weapons?

To think that if someone was going in to attack enemy positions they would do so well prepared.

EDIT: this is no way related to my other post about fixing a bayonet to the PPSh
I think its more of a astetic looks when needing to attach bayonette by pressing a button,but its up to the devs what they will do,whether you can choose to have it before spawning but you will get faster sway kicking in when trying to aim,its all up to the devs

Upvote 0
This suggestion is old hat, people have been asking for it for years. I'm betting there's a decent chance of it being put into the game.

What I'm REALLY crossing my fingers for is the realistic accuracy effects it would have on the Mosin, as they were sighted in at the factory with the bayonet attached.

Yay someone else knows this :D. Little bits of detail and realism like that would go unnoticed by many but I would sure be happy about it :).

Upvote 0
THe Mosin Nagant M44 model, which was in RO1, permanently has its bayonet attached to the barrel. I'm not sure if this rifle is going to make a return to RO2, though I really hope it does.

Other than that, I'm all for player choice when it comes to the question of bayonet attachments. In real life, as you pointed out, Mosins were presighted with the bayonet attached, so it would be nice to see this be true in the game as well.

I'm not sure how to get that across in the game, other than making the guns not shoot exactly true (at long ranges) with the bayonet removed and wait for the deluge of angry players that complain about bugged ironsights on the forums ...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how to get that across in the game, other than making the guns not shoot exactly true (at long ranges) with the bayonet removed and wait for the deluge of angry players that complain about bugged ironsights on the forums ...

All they have to do to avoid that is to add a little blurb about the bayonet affecting the sighting of the gun, and then we can bombard the idiots with hilarious RTFM macros like this:

2istrop.png

Upvote 0
THe Mosin Nagant M44 model, which was in RO1, permanently has its bayonet attached to the barrel. I'm not sure if this rifle is going to make a return to RO2, though I really hope it does.

That would be impossible, since the first fieldtest batches of rifles to become M44s were shipped to the front in late 1943.

What I'm REALLY crossing my fingers for is the realistic accuracy effects it would have on the Mosin, as they were sighted in at the factory with the bayonet attached.

Yep, I also long a lot for this feature. And it would be great, if they could also add just a little bit of extra sway to M91/30, if shot without the bayonet because of the ill-balance the rifle has without the bayonet mounted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not that I know anything but...
Ideally I guess that if I choose to spawn with a bayonet on, I would choose to adjust the sight to be accurate with the bayonet on if it is possible to manually adjust the sight. That makes sense to me at least and would make the choice of spawning with or without bayonet attached a simplier one.

Maybe I did not get what you actually meant, but there won

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But as you choose to have the bayonet on before combat as in before you spawn, you should be able to adjust the sight out of combat to make the gun correctly aligned with the bayonet on. If you take off the bayonet then ofcourse it should be misaligned, or if you take it on with a rifle that did not have it on as you spawned. Logically it makes sense, game-play wise it makes sense and I think it should make sense realistically speaking =).

Upvote 0
But as you choose to have the bayonet on before combat as in before you spawn, you should be able to adjust the sight out of combat to make the gun correctly aligned with the bayonet on. If you take off the bayonet then ofcourse it should be misaligned, or if you take it on with a rifle that did not have it on as you spawned. Logically it makes sense, game-play wise it makes sense and I think it should make sense realistically speaking =).

Well, the realism boundaries are very tight, if we think about the historical perpective. Having the bayonet mounted in combat was in the regulations of the Red Army. So every Soviet rifleman had his bayonet attached in combat, or the starshina would seriously kick his a s s (again, there are exeptions, like in every matter there is, but we don

Last edited:
Upvote 0