• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A tiny detail

AFAIK G41 and k98k stripper clips are identical, yet in Ostfront their ammo isn't interchangeable, so would be nice if you could pick the ammo for the G41 from k98k pouches, and vice versa.

it would be nice if you could pick up nagant ammo to use with the scoped nagant (I don't think a scope changes the ammo).

Excellent suggestions. It always bugged me when let's say I pick up some ones sniper rifle and it is almost out of ammo, and I find, or there is my, mosin nagant ammo pouch, but hilariously I can not pick it up... because one gun has a scope on it O_O... I'm sure it was an engine issue, but I am also curious as to how this will be treated in HoS. I am a bit split on the issue though. That said I am against you being able to pick up ammo, from different guns, even if they are the same caliber. Let me explain. Let's say I am in combat, my MP40 is low on ammo, you don't pick up some ones pistol ammo and take it out then put it into your mags or something... It wouldn't work since they are different magazines and it would in practical = it wasn't done in combat. That is why I think let's say for a K98, you shouldn't be able to get ammo from a g41 or something.

Also a question, did diff caliber bullets for different guns have varying amount sof gun powder? Let's take the Walther and the MP40. Both used 9 parabellum ammo, but did the MP40 have more gun powder in the cartridge than the Walther? I think not but I am not sure.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure this was just an oversight by the TW team.

What would be neat is if you had independent bullet, clip, and magazine counts. Say you're a rifleman who starts out with 12 clips. You fire off all your ammo, and you scrounge 30 rounds off a dead sniper. But his ammo comes in individual bullets only, so subsequently, you have to load your rifle round by round, until you find ammo that comes in the form of stripper clips, in which case you can then reload via clips (and presumably reusing the clips for the rest of your ammo).

Upvote 0
I thought as a sniper you could pick up regular riflemen ammo already in RO? At least with the kar98 sniper, I'm pretty spank dang possitive you can.

No you could not. Or have I really been missing that feature for all these years?

I hope they include this "interchangeable" ammo in new game. I hope that same stripper clips will now go with G41 and K98k. And for the Soviets SVT-40/AVT-40 and M91/30/M38 will all eat the same clips. With scoped rifles it

Upvote 0
Being able to use stripper clips in semi-automatics would be very, very nice. In fact, isn't this already in RO? I'm pretty sure you can use stripper clips dropped by German riflemen to load the G41. For some reason you can't use the Mosin's stripper clips in the SVT-40, though.

As for stripping cartridges from stripper clips and using them in another weapon of the same caliber, I can see this being done in two ways:

First, there is the option of doing it the abstract way, without animations. If you're a marksman for example, picking up stripper clips dropped by fellow soldiers would automatically turn them into separate cartridges in your inventory, making them usable in your scoped rifle.

Another way of doing it is to create animations for it. Using the marksman example once more, you'd be able to pick up stripper clips and keep them in your inventory for later use. Once you run out of cartridges, you can decide to strip rounds from stripper clips you picked up. Selecting that option would play a sequence of animations; your avatar slings his rifle (you'd be completely defenseless while doing this), he strips the rounds from the clips and puts them in his pocket or wherever snipers kept their rounds. You can then use these rounds to load your scoped rifle. Of course, the 'stripping off rounds' animation should be interruptable, similar to how you can partially reload the scoped rifles in RO:O, that way you have the ability to pull out your pistol should the need arise.

For realism's sake, I'd prefer option #2, as long as the animation plays relatively quickly.

TWI could go crazy with such an 'interchangeable ammo system' if they wanted to. It's entirely possible to make a system where the player can strip rounds from an SVT-40 box magazine and use them in the Mosin, and vice-versa. Would be great to have in RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0