• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons

In RO1 you could, but you had to drop your weapon first. In one of the videos (an excellent source of information as they are from the Pres.) John Gibson mentions that you can carry more than just one weapon, but you'll move a lot slower. So I would presume that you could pick other weapons up.

Out of curiousity...have you played RO:Ostfront? Its only $10 on Steam and should give you a taste of what the original RO was all about. I think most here are hoping that the gameplay remains as intense.

Upvote 0
I have not. CS, BF2 COD and BC2 are really the big ones iv played. I am interested in this because it brings back the things i loved about pc shooters

well jump on it then. you really NEED to play this game. i came to this game from CoD:UO in early 2006. yeah I've played some CoD titles and some DoDS since then...but RO tops those games by a long long shot. CoD and DoD:S are games....RO is battle.

Reactions: Das Bose
Upvote 0
Hi everybody
I am looking forward for this game, its nice to see that somebody know how a true PC game should look like. I have one question, we will have knife as a weapon in our hands like in BF2, will we have a knife at all in this game ?

We don't know. RO 1 had no knife, but does have a bayonet you can attach to your rifle. That means you need to have your rifle to stab anyone. We'll see what's in ROHOS.

Upvote 0
I do think RO needs some sort of basic melee weapon that isn't related to any of your guns. Having your gun get shot out of your hands is a pretty common occurance in RO1 and it leaves you totally defenseless, especially if an enemy is in melee range. There's just nothing you can do but stare at your attacker ...

Yes entrenching tools were highly sought after in Stalingrad, since they were used so much, there was alot of hand to hand fighting in Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
You'd be surprised of all the different weapons and variants that were produced and used. And even then, WW2 weaponry has way more variety than anything you'll find in a "Modern Warfare" shooter.

True. Bolt actions, semi autos, and plenty of SMGs. The machineguns where not as small and light as some are now (M249, RPK). So there is actually a larger variety of weapons.

In a modern shooter, you'll be using assault rifles, some assault rifles, perhaps a battle rifle, an LMG, and a couple of assault rifles...

Upvote 0
True. Bolt actions, semi autos, and plenty of SMGs. The machineguns where not as small and light as some are now (M249, RPK). So there is actually a larger variety of weapons.

In a modern shooter, you'll be using assault rifles, some assault rifles, perhaps a battle rifle, an LMG, and a couple of assault rifles...

Don't forget the assault rifles. :p

Upvote 0