• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor mentioned in PC Gamer's (brutal) review of CoD:BO

What? Don't just make stuff up. People buy CoD for MP. They had an extra Event in LA with worldwide press when they revealed the MP. They release dlc mappacks. I've never heard a CoD dev say SP was more important.

I don't make up "stuff", I'm posting a hard fact. This is what IW and Treyarch specifically said in the past.

Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0
I don't make up "stuff", I'm posting a hard fact. This is what IW and Treyarch specifically said in the past.
Saying it's a fact doesn't make it a fact. And even if someone might have said that, which I doubt, it still wouldn't matter because the focus is so obviously on MP, a blind person could see it.

@timur
When did I state I disliked a genre? What genre are you even talking about?

Upvote 0
For me it's the wtf moments in SP and the amazingly addictive MP. I'd give it 85% (because it doesn't really have much innovations, but still is incredible fun).

For what I've seen in the videos, Multiplayer is just a quake 3 with realistic skins or a counter strike. How is that special?. how is it different than the rest of the call of duties?

How can you say that a game that has been done before and better is special, but a game like KF isn't?

And BTW, I have 286 hours in KF. For the 18

Upvote 0
I consider value to money the dedication to consider patching a game and adding content for over six months after release, and very Fking good value to money the act of supporting a game for two years. I call BAD value to money any product of a company which has just announced they will be releasing a new full priced version of such product once per year. (activision COD)

I also detest any product which claims to have the cahones to tailor to a sub group of a field * Cough* REALISM *Cough* instead of saying they are making a casual game; thats what Cod is now, its a casual FPS. Please note this includes games like FarCry 2, Battlefield series, and COD.

Upvote 0
And still, HL2 itself was just 10hours of SP with absolutely zero replay value and no MP. Of course it was bundled with CSS and mods that followed, but only years later.

I'm talking value for money and if you're denying CoD isn't at least solid in that department then you are denying reality.

HL2 took me closer to 15 hours the first time. I replayed it some months ago for the first time in a couple of years. It was still around 12 hours.

I finished Black Ops in under 6 hours on the first try.

HL2 came with CS:S, which is far superior to MW1/MW2 online and probably Black Ops (never played online).

HL2 also came with HL2 DM.

It originally cost $5 less.

The graphics at the time where amazing, Black Ops looks worse than MW2.

I also had plenty of fun with lots of good mods.

So I think HL2 gave much more content per dollar.

Black Ops is not an awful game, but it is not worth $20 or more. $10-15 seems about right as it is essentially an addon for MW2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@timur
When did I state I disliked a genre? What genre are you even talking about?

Zombie survival. Didn't you say just a little earlier that you didn't like any of them?:confused: Or have I misread something?

Anyways, on the topic of Blackops, have they finally gotten off the whole 'give the good players an advantage over everyone else' thing; I found it just about ruined my experience with mw2 multiplayer (I mean, really, how do I get better if I continually am instantly killed? )

Upvote 0
So things that suck deserve a 7/10 rating? You know Killing Floor has a metascore of 71, that's dangerously close to suck according to those guidelines.
The 1-10 scale is a lot more fun, and much easier to grade things on if you used the numbers < 6 occaisonally.
Dude has a point... pretty much all my favorite games have average scores of less than 8.5, with a few exceptions of course.

Upvote 0
Wow now you really are trying to hard or you have never played quake3.

Don't get too caught up in the fine details, at the heart of it, CoD's multiplayer has allways been much clouser related to the Arena shooters of old, than it has Tactical shooters, the pace of the game is similar, and CoD does very little to restrict player movement, so all thouse gamey tactics that where born with Quake and UT still work just fine, it's just that some things have been changed, dodge is replaced by Dolphin-diving, etc, but the classics like the reverse strafe jump, the circle strafe, the corner jump and so on still work just fine, and will get you more kills than trying to use realistic tactics.

Infact, since UT3 bombed hard, a lot of the UT community has migrated to the new CoD's to get their fast paced MP shooter fix, they may not be exactly the same, but they are similar enough for thease players to considder it an acceptable surrogate to UT, their twitch skillz cary over just fine.

Upvote 0
it's funny that the beginning of this thread was talking about Killing Floor being mentioned in the article......2 pages later, it turned into a thread more about bashing/supporting CoDBO instead

Interesting where threads go, eh?

Even though I kinda saw this coming, as people are more easily inflamed by the CoD than by the reference.

Upvote 0