• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Wow I'm really tired of things being taken out of context. That "play itself" **** is simply a guide (I would think can be toggled) if you are stuck at a part and would like to figure out how to continue (seeing as you probably paid a good amount for the game, you'd like to finish it, no?) How is that the next trend? You know what...I'm audi this thread. Its not even Black Ops discussion. Its just a bunch of blowhards...blowing..hard. :|

You know what this thread reminds me of? When I go to Facebook, and see all the comments and statuses that my "friends" have written, and I just go "...the ****?" or "You are retarded".

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralfst3r
Upvote 0
TBH, I can understand the Cuban government's outcry of rage.

If a game would portray my country, leaders and history that way I'd be offended as well.
then you should feel offended by 85% of ww2 games :p

Sad to see you leave this thread EvilAmericanMan, but understandable, seeing how every attempt do discuss the game is followed by 2 pages of bashing and anti-mainstream outcries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried it today in a friend's pc... i was shocked by the st00pid U.S American portrayal of cubans as "bad bad baddies". It's funny how low they fall trying to justify any invasion just by showing their "enemies" like that :p

I wonder if those "exiled" (or as we call them, gusanos) are creaming their pants as they try to overthrow Castro en La Batalla de playa Gir

Upvote 0
Most people are unaware that Castro is pretty intellectual, but Black Ops says otherwise.

Someone quoted this in another forum...

those who will enjoy this game, how many know anything at all about the Cuban revolution?
Not counting anti-Castro Miami Cubans, I'd guess maybe three.
So thousands of people will simulate killing Castro -- or, perhaps a simulation of a simulation of Castro -- before they have the smallest idea what he did or what he stands for.
It's the classic American: "Shoot first and don't ask any questions later because you don't care."

Upvote 0
Yes, lets substitute video games for history lessons. :rolleyes: C'mon people. You give the avg American video gamer too much credit.

The problem is not that the players (I'm including adults) are getting a bad representation of history (they could probably care less, tbh). The problem is that they don't know enough about world history to even know who Castro is. Its all fictional to them.

I can't phathom anyone anywhere considering a money generating video FPS game as worthy of teaching a history lesson.....good or bad.

Upvote 0