• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [DownLoad] Falidell's TriggerPack

ok i ll try it

Edit: you were right, it was my fault. I forgot to change MaxWeldStrength in KFUseTrigger Properties back to normal, it was like 100000 lol

I have 2 questions:
- does FA_Switch works as KFUseTrigger?
- can you make an option in KFUseTrigger that you can hide the weld percent of the door incase if you want to make breakable walls that players doesn't know about them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes FA_switch can be used as a UseTrigger( not like a kfusetrigger tho)
Code:
 To Set up like a usetrigger
1. Set bUseTriggered=true
3. if you only want players to beable to use it set PlayersOnly=true
4. This is one of the few FA series triggers that actually make use of the Properties->Events->Event so that is where you'll put the event
5. If it is NOT being used by a Fa_Multi_Conditional Set UsedByFACondition=false

also a thing to note when usetriggered/triggered it'll
set itself to bEnabled=true/false

also i'll see what i can do about an option to hide the weld percent message thingy =D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
oh yea and one other thing.. while i'm updateing my code and cleaning it up and stuff. what do you think about this option for the KFDoorMoverPlus:

*ZombieAtcEvent
-it'll fire an event when zombies start attack the door. i can have this either be a one time only thing or i can give more options for you to decide for yourself. ex. an option to allow the event to be fired again after a certain amount of time...

hmmm while i'm at it i could add
*ExplosiveAtcEvent
-same as ZombieAtcEvent but with grenades

*DestroyedEvent
-now this one i'm not sure if it is actually already there or not. but if it's not i can tack this in aswell =D

these are supereasy to do.. What do you think?

Upvote 0
Excellent contribution Falidell. I've been thinking about revamping my mansion story map since I saw your last thread with the random trigger. This new list creates even more possibilities. My only question is it all smooth and cool with steam/perks and without server admins having to install any mods? In other words is it all just built into the map or do users/admins have to do something?

[edit] never mind the white listing I see your comment that it is unlikley to be whitelisted. But what I don't understand is, if this is a mod, what happens if you put it in your map and then a server hosts your map but does not have the mod. Well I'm repeating myself now but hopefully you get me. /]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this is actually just a an addon pack not a mod. just a single .u

unfortunately as you have read already this is well over 2000 lines of code for these triggers and they don't really look at anything over 500-1000 for whitelisting. so anymap that use these triggers won't have perks on even if the map itself is A-OK.

i still intend to attempt whitelisting however i want to clean up my code a bit, add anything that we want/need, basically just ready the code up so i feel comfortable finalizing it.

edit: it is map specific
Only Maps that use Non-Whitelisted Scripts such as this won't have perks enabled... however maps that don't use this and are already whitelisted will still have perks.. so it won't effect a server just the single map

edit2: the script gets distributed just like any other level piece(like texture packs required for a level), again this is Not a mod just an addon so the clients will automatically receive it via server or redirect if the level currently loading requires it.(just like texture packs, Mutators, Static meshe packs, and the levels themselves)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmm i've been thinking with these triggers you can now make a single spawnpoint in a room thats not connected to the main level. it'll spawn monsters there but not kill them untill you want the player to have access to a trader. that way you can base you're level around waves and stuff the way you want it and not rely on the games waves to trigger waves and such.

edit:
i'm going to have to tweak the FA_Check_PlDif to account for the new difficulty type called Hell On earth they are currently testing in KF Beta

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so if i want to revamp my map with randomness to the spawns, among other things, I'd most likely forfeit the white list. As an individual I couldn't care less, I wonder if it would still get hosted as much though.. I'm leaning towards just do it :p After all if the map itself makes it to the whitelist, so admins add the map to rotation, most people wouldn't even realise that the perking is ultimately disabled.

Upvote 0
i'm not so sure about that but at any rate i am trying to make this an official piece. with any luck after we get this somewhat finalized or to a point where we are happy with it then it Could be in a patch and because readily available to everyone. NO GUARANTEE'S tho... just know that i am trying.

but if it does become official and part of the game then there will be no need for it to be whitelisted. however whitelisting is still a possiblity if it doesn't become official

Upvote 0
ok next update will be up as soon as i find out the skilllevel number for the new H.o.E difficulty setting they'll most likely add in the next update.. not entirely Positive but pretty damn sure they will.

so stay tuned.. this next update will fix a number of issues I've found while looking through the code while drunk.. for some odd reason i notice a lot more while drunk LOL, don't worry i didn't make any changes in the code until i was sober. i mearly wrote down things i should change lol!!

Edit: Update 2 is up..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I might use random trigger for my other map because I Want to disable the perks :p

*ZombieAtcEvent
-it'll fire an event when zombies start attack the door. i can have this either be a one time only thing or i can give more options for you to decide for yourself. ex. an option to allow the event to be fired again after a certain amount of time...

this one could be useful for players to notice the specimens with message like "They're breaking in!" when they start hitting the door

Upvote 0
ok an update will be coming soon prob tomorrow. it'll include:
------------------------------------------------------
a new trigger = FA_resetER - when triggered it'll reset all listed triggers(listed as in their tags) to their original state when the map loaded. i made this mainly for reseting FA series conditionals and spawners but it'll work for EVERYTHING including pawns, players, doors, movers, emitters, dynamic lights.... anything that is a subclass of Actor
*FA_spawner - i realized after further testing that i needed to include yet even more event options for certain occations. the event options i've included
. a sub menu for triggering an event after a specified amount of critters die( includes an option that allowed this count to remain event after the spawner clip runs dry ex. if said option is true then you can set the count to 10 and the spawner clip to 5 so after the spawner runs 2 times and everything is dead then it'll fire the specified event)

. another sub menu exactly like the above sub menu but counts amount spawned rather then amount died
*KFDoorMoverPlus - new event options

.Event option for when the zeds or anything that attacks the door that belongs to the monster pawn subclasses it'll fire the specified event i'll also be providing options to allow this event to fire again after a specified time as well as providing a option to reset and/or allow this event to fire again after the door is respawned.

.another event option same as above but it'll be if ANYone attacks the door

.another event option same as aboe but dealing with welding

.last added event option same as above but dealing with Unwelding

now these kfdoormoverplus event options will have a submenu within a submenu to keep it organized and no so confusing.
there will prob be more but i need to test out what i've got so far before i move on to releasing this update.

Edit: what i'm currently brainstorming is a way to somehow allow fa_spawnPoints to be used by Multiple FA_Spawners. atm they only allow One FA_spawner to use em and i find that unacceptable,EDIT: Technically they can but the spawned critters will send their Death Signal to the last FA_Spawner that uses the spawnpoint so the spawner that actually is useing it and sent the Spawn Signal prob won't be able to keep track of how many critters are actually alive. what i'm thinking so far is perhaps adding Spawner id's ex. 1 2 3 4 which will allow the fa_SpawnPoint to correctly make the critters of the proper type, give the critters the proper Event tag( i utilize the Pawns On Death events to send their death signal to the FA_spawner this is how it knows how many is alive/dead) so yea in theory this should work but i'll have to do extensive testing to make Absolutly certain it works properly so it may or may not be on the next update

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i've fixed quite a few things i've noticed

ex.
on the FA_Forcerespawner i forgot to add the checking to see if the person is a person we actually want to kill the old pawn for if we have it set to respawn even living people(Players or/and bots) this oversite causes the players to be killed if we really only want to respawn living bots thus ending the game due to there being no players... i fixed that

also on the FA_Spawner, i places a tid bit of code just outside where it should be which caused the current active critter count to continue to count up even if we didn't actually spawn anything.. which in most cases would eventually cause the spawner to stop working all together... ex. after about 10 minutes the spawner had a count of 3 actual active critters.. the max active was 5.... the spawner had a count of 5 even with only 3 active... bad news... so i fixed that.

a bunch of other small oversites i fixed as well. the unfortunate part is that i havn't been keeping track of all my fixes so the update changes will only have what i remember fixing lol. not a big deal but still bothersome

atm i'm taking a break from developement (holiday season is making work a pain in the arse and along side 2 other projects i work on the side it's wearing me down) and just focusing and making sure everything works as i intended and drinking gin while playing metro 2033 =) untill tomorrow if i don't find anything else then bam update tomorrow(Sunday)

side note:
i've read from tons of reviews that metro 2033 is just terriable for reasons ranging from Monsters no-cliping through walls to the story being mediocre... i'd like to say now that all those reviews are totall B.S. the game is now among my top 5 fave games of all time. it has an Awesome story, i love the gun play( granted i do feel that the monsters are a bit too strong healthwise, and some guns are better then others for taking down each monster type. overall i give the game a 8 outa 10.. 2 less because of the monsters haveing a bit too much health and that the HUMAN ai entities are a bit sluggish and stupid not game breaking but a bit annoying non the less also because there are times where it seems that you failed and should load where you are actually suppost to fail because it's part of the story.. confusing....... one last thing if you havn't Beaten any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R game series then when you play this set the difficulty to easy =) EDIT: i've been the game 2 times once with the normal ending and one time with the Alternate ending. and Not ONCE have i ever had the Monsters No-Clip through walls.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
update 3 is out...
2 new triggers

FA_Shooter:
when triggered it shoots a selected projectile at a certain rate at a certain damage that does a certain damage at a certain radius with a certain jitter amount lol

ProjectileType : what to Fire
Count: Amount to Fire Per Trigger.
DelayPerProj: Exact delay before fireing each projectile.
DelayisROF: True Changes DelayPerProj from being exact to Rate Of Fire per Minute. the Script uses the formula Delay=1/(DelayPerProj/60) so a rate of fire of 300 would have 0.2 second delay per projectile.. make sense? ::
False means whatever you put in DelayPerProj is the Exact Delay so Delay=DelayPerProj so 300 means 300 seconds delay for each bullet..
ProjectileTypeDamage Exact health to Damage Poeple and other pawns for each projectile. Armour Protection Respected. so a player with no armour gets hit by a projectile with ProjectileTypeDamage=30 lose 30 points of health. this also respects perk resistances like explosive resist or flame resists
DamageRadius radius to damage people for explosive projectiles ex. i FIRE LAW HAMMERS!!! but the Explosion only has a radius of 30 but they 128 units away.. NO DAMAGE ... Stupid LAW HAMMER

SpawnJitterArea really only usefull for bullet projectiles.. it adds random Spawn Position jitter to simulate Accuracy. it takes Trigger.Location+/-Jitter=ProjectileSpawn Position

Fun thing to do with it. Attach it to a helicopter mover and have the helicopter Strafe the Battle Field with Bullets with a 1500 ROF and High Jitter area. HAHAHAH =) fun fun fun. oh but to do that set Properties->Advanced->bStatic=False

FA_ResetER

When Triggered it Resets Everything who's tag is in the list back to their origional state they had back at the beginning of the game In Theory this will work for Movers as well as Counters, Conditionals, even pawns(pawns are in theory as well..). hmmm i just thought of somethin' i'ma see if this works on GameRules/LevelRules/GameType stuff as well would be kind cool

the rest of the fun stuff is listed in post UNO

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes~! This is like crack for Level Designers. So addicting! :D

hmmm maybe i should call this triggerpack BlueMajik LOL!!

also technical note for any who is interested i make triggers instead of scriptedtrigger actions for 2 reasons

1: i find Regular triggers easier to use lol

2: ScriptedTriggers are actually quite serverthrashing. the more i learn about how they work the more i hate them. granted they are easy to use

but for every scriptedtrigger the game spawns a controller and the action triggers into the level. ex.

Scripted trigger
[0]wait for event
[1] do something
[3]go to action [0]

when the game starts it spawns things

a controller for scriptedtrigger
a trigger for the wait for event action
a trigger for the do something action
and a trigger for the go to action [0] action
plus the already spawned Scripted Trigger

for this simple ScriptedTrigger there are a total of 4 actors and 1 Controller
and Controllers alone Lag servers with the bonus of 4 actors Pushing and Pulling Events and stuff.

for detailed events and stuff you require a lot of these. it adds up and in my testing i've noticed that excessive amount of controllers and push/pull events actually crashes a server randomly.Edit: this also includes the spawning of pawns, and their controllers as well. so it adds up even more

So over all ScriptedTriggers should be used Sparingly rather then as the MainStead Event Function. to maintain server stability and low lag. and i've also taken note that it affects load time to have excessive ScriptedTriggers which is a no-no in my book.. Long Loads makes players go BYE BYE unless that levels is just plain Awsome.

also Controllers which ScriptedTriggers use to Control a set of actions in that ScriptedTrigger are dynamic actors they update very often while most triggers do Absolutely NOTHING untill they are triggered which is Much More effiecent.

so to summerize ScriptedTriggers as MainStead Event Function = Server lag, Server Instability, and affects LoadTime due to all the Spawning.

useing Plain Everyday triggers is the better way to go: Less Spawning, Higher Performance, etc.

at least thats what my Research has shown.

Edit: imma do a quicky update tomorrow to add an option for the FA_Shooter to allow it to be stopped by triggering again so there is little guesswork involved for the helicopter super happy fun time

Last edited:
Upvote 0