• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better reorganize the weapons back to slots where they should be

Just as the title.
For medic weapons:MP7A1 should go slot 3(so I won't draw my crossbow when I want to heal someone).
For support:AA12 should go slot 3.AA12 works exactly like the pump shotgun.
For DM:The lever action rifle...should go slot 4.(I don't want to see the LAR conflict with my bullpup)
For commando:SCAR should go slot 3.(Slot 4 is for special weapons such as sniper rifles)
For berserker:The chainsaw go slot 4.
For firebug:The mac10 go slot 3.
For demolition:M79 and M32 go slot 4,dynamite go slot 5.

One more thing:I hope that the weapon of my major is drawn once I press the key...For example,as a support,with hunting shotgun and crossbow in my hand,press 4 and draw the hunting shotgun.If as a DM(and if you can carry that much...),draw the crossbow.

Reactions: CandleJack and Aze
Medic: MP7 should go to '3'. I guessing that TWI was thinking of the mp7 as a 'special' weapon for everyone to use rather than a dedicated medic weapon. Adjusting clip size points to that as well.

Support. AA12 doesn't work like the pump shogun. The AA12 is the very definition of a tier 4 weapon.

Sharpie: LAR is a '3' weapon just like the bullpup.

Commando: SCAR is a '4' weapon. No sniper rifle in the game, and if there was one, commando wouldn't have it.

Berserker: They need to do something about the '1', '1', '1', and so on of their weapons.

Firebug: MAC10 to '3'.

Demo: M32 should go to '4'.

Perked weapon should have priority on selection.

Empty weapons with no magazines should be bypassed on selection. For example, if cannons are empty, hitting '2' should bring up the 9mm.

Reactions: Aze and CandleJack
Upvote 0
Medic: MP7 should go to '3'. I guessing that TWI was thinking of the mp7 as a 'special' weapon for everyone to use rather than a dedicated medic weapon. Adjusting clip size points to that as well.

Support. AA12 doesn't work like the pump shogun. The AA12 is the very definition of a tier 4 weapon.

Sharpie: LAR is a '3' weapon just like the bullpup.

Commando: SCAR is a '4' weapon. No sniper rifle in the game, and if there was one, commando wouldn't have it.

Berserker: They need to do something about the '1', '1', '1', and so on of their weapons.

Firebug: MAC10 to '3'.

Demo: M32 should go to '4'.

Perked weapon should have priority on selection.

Empty weapons with no magazines should be bypassed on selection. For example, if cannons are empty, hitting '2' should bring up the 9mm.
Probably.But I don't think AA12 in slot 4 is a good idea-cause few support carry AA12 and pump at the same time,while MANY carry hunting shotgun and AA12 at the same time.

SCAR in slot 4?It has no special attribute at all.

Perked weapon in prior when drawn is a good idea,but bypassing the empty weapon?What if the player wants to drop the empty weapon?

Empty weapons can be DEMOTED when drawing-but not bypassed.In this way the weapon can still be drawn and dropped at the player's wish.

Upvote 0
Probably.But I don't think AA12 in slot 4 is a good idea[...]
Tier 3 have always been in slot 4. Both SCAR and AA12 make sense there, if not simply by virtue of being expensive and powerful. If anything the tier 3 weapons should be shifted further down (say 5) and tools (6) even further.

What if the player wants to drop the empty weapon?
Empty weapons can be DEMOTED when drawing-but not bypassed.
You could still use the scroll-wheel to select a weapon, just not the number button. Assuming there is a way to check if the weapon has ammo available to the player, it is already possible to build aliases to do this. Demoting weapons isn't as good since you might want to cycle back to a weapon on the top of the priority, but you don't want to pull out a weapon you can't fire.

Upvote 0
Probably.But I don't think AA12 in slot 4 is a good idea-cause few support carry AA12 and pump at the same time,while MANY carry hunting shotgun and AA12 at the same time.

I rarely see people carry the hunty and aa12. Almost always it is the pump and the aa12. Of course, this is just anecdotal.

Maybe not, but it is more powerful than the bullpup and ak47 so it is a '4' weapon.

Perked weapon in prior when drawn is a good idea,but bypassing the empty weapon?What if the player wants to drop the empty weapon?

Empty weapons can be DEMOTED when drawing-but not bypassed.In this way the weapon can still be drawn and dropped at the player's wish.

We're saying the same thing.

Upvote 0

What is the point of having AA12 on #3? So i have to press #3 twice to bring up the AA12? When that raged FP is bearing down on me?

Do. Not. Want.

SCAR in slot 4 because it's a Tier 3 battle rifle that's supposed to be really powerful? Of course having a nice clean and useful scope isn't a special attribute.

And of course if they want to drop the empty weapon, they select it normally. Having the selection bypass it when choosing guns =/= having it not select it at all. Bypassing it when selecting means the guns with ammo take priority.

Like nutterbutter said, when selecting SS guns, if the HC is empty it bypasses it and gets out the 9mm. This means that even though the HC is the priority choice most of the time when (let's say) pressing 2, when it has no ammo the 9mm becomes the priority choice and the HC and 9mm's spots are essentially reversed.
The HC is now where the 9mm was, and vice-versa.

Upvote 0