• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

I want both Alonso and Webber to win =(

Alonso has the slowest car and had a lot of points unfairly taken in the safety car incident in Valencia and there was also something else I don't remember, he would be champion by now so, IMO, he deserves to win. I'd like him to continue winning more championships as the best pilot of his time.

Webber looks like a really great and mature person, I like him a lot, he managed to stay above Vettel, even when his own team favors the other (who is also faster), he just didn't make so many mistakes, and could be champion by now if Vettel hadn't crashed his car against his. I also doubt He'll have another chance of being champion in the future, so It'd be sad if he can't win it.

They are both the underdogs of this year, and I'd be happy for one and sad for the other either way.

The one thing I'm sure is that I hope Vettel doesn't win.

Upvote 0
Seriously? :O How did you notice or how does it show?

Well, the phobia itself varies from person-to-person, so I hear. Some people will get touched and say they feel like they're being burnt, some do it out of fear of sexual assault (doesn't apply to me), some react violently and some (I would be one of these) maintain a real pisstake of personal space and quite dislike to be touched in any way whatsoever.

For example, a hug will result in the other person mainly trying to get away or simply not return the favour (or at least not squeeze), being poked makes you tense up and edge away, having a hand on you makes you sharply turn and try dodge it, you hate standing in queues with other people being close by to you, you prefer to distance yourself from other people at a dinner table, you like sitting on your own if you have the choice, you express anger when brushed by another person or even a pet and as another example, you prefer to leave a space between yourself and a friend when you sit at the cinema.

I've also been told that this is one of the things that link to my apparent psychological depression, wherever it's coming from, but it seems that I am a sufferer. :confused:

TL;DR Don't expect me to be friendly with touchy-feely people.

Upvote 0
Well, the phobia itself varies from person-to-person, so I hear. Some people will get touched and say they feel like they're being burnt, some do it out of fear of sexual assault (doesn't apply to me), some react violently and some (I would be one of these) maintain a real pisstake of personal space and quite dislike to be touched in any way whatsoever.

For example, a hug will result in the other person mainly trying to get away or simply not return the favour (or at least not squeeze), being poked makes you tense up and edge away, having a hand on you makes you sharply turn and try dodge it, you hate standing in queues with other people being close by to you, you prefer to distance yourself from other people at a dinner table, you like sitting on your own if you have the choice, you express anger when brushed by another person or even a pet and as another example, you prefer to leave a space between yourself and a friend when you sit at the cinema.

I've also been told that this is one of the things that link to my apparent psychological depression, wherever it's coming from, but it seems that I am a sufferer. :confused:

TL;DR Don't expect me to be friendly with touchy-feely people.

Sounds like me. Personal space FTW.

Upvote 0
I want both Alonso and Webber to win =(

Alonso has the slowest car and had a lot of points unfairly taken in the safety car incident in Valencia and there was also something else I don't remember, he would be champion by now so, IMO, he deserves to win. I'd like him to continue winning more championships as the best pilot of his time.

Webber looks like a really great and mature person, I like him a lot, he managed to stay above Vettel, even when his own team favors the other (who is also faster), he just didn't make so many mistakes, and could be champion by now if Vettel hadn't crashed his car against his. I also doubt He'll have another chance of being champion in the future, so It'd be sad if he can't win it.

They are both the underdogs of this year, and I'd be happy for one and sad for the other either way.

The one thing I'm sure is that I hope Vettel doesn't win.

Alonso just smells of spoilt child. Good driver or not, plus Ferrari & the whole "Fernando is faster" thing annoyed me (that whole situation seems pointless now as the 5 points would have made no real difference).

I expect Alonso to win though, as mechanical issues are (imo) less likely in the Ferrari than the Red Bulls.

Webber is just like a nice guy, been round for ages (like Barichello) and just seems due for it - so I want him to win.

Upvote 0
Alonso just smells of spoilt child. Good driver or not, plus Ferrari & the whole "Fernando is faster" thing annoyed me (that whole situation seems pointless now as the 5 points would have made no real difference).

Well, every point makes a difference in the end (Massa lost his championship for 1 point two years ago)

The thing is that Fernando WAS indeed faster and has been for the whole year, Massa was slowing him down a lot and he made really risky maneuvers to block him that could have ended with both pilots forfeiting the race, the team just didn't know how to say it without the team commands.

I'd like Ferrari to hire Robert Kubica, so they have two true pilots up there and make it all more interesting. (We would probably have two Ferraris with winning chances today if it was Kubica instead of Massa).

I expect Alonso to win though, as mechanical issues are (imo) less likely in the Ferrari than the Red Bulls.

There are many possible factors. There is qualify, race, mechanical issues, (possible) team commands, or pacts.

If everything goes with the trend, and there are no ninja qualifies. Vettel should be first, then Webber, then Alonso, and if everyone is still standing in the last laps Vettel would have to let Webber overtake him.

Webber is just like a nice guy, been round for ages (like Barichello) and just seems due for it - so I want him to win.

Yup

Upvote 0
Well few months ago I would've said vodka cranberry, but now I've become a bit of a beer person(because it doesn't **** up your body as much as hard liquor). Sometimes also captain morgan+cola. Long Island/Long Beach only if I'm already at the main location and feel like "well ok I definitely need to get in the right mood, QUICK". But overall I drunk MUCH less now than before, mainly because I realized drinking very much doesn't really do much except for you to regret it the next day so I now usually drink only just enough to get in the right mood and the rest is just exercise

Upvote 0
Room temperature beer. Bleh.

You know why the British drink their beer at room temperature, don't you? It has nothing to do with custom or tradition. It's because Lucas makes refrigerators too, not just Jaguar, MG and Land Rover electrical systems.

That said:

-Arrogant Bastard Ale
-Shipyard Export Ale
-Shipyard Joshua Chamberlain Pale Ale
-Anything Sam Adams
-Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
-Ranger IPA
-Guinness, of course

My liquor cabinet is a little bare at the moment. I've got a handle of cheap lemon vodka, half a bottle of Laphroiag, and half a bottle of The MacAllen. Also a minibottle of some special Dewar's super duper reserve stuff that my wife bought me a bit ago. I haven't had the heart to tell her that I don't really dig on the blended Scotch. :p

Also, a few weeks back I was in Utah for something, and I ran across a beer there that I quite liked: Polygamy Porter. The tagline is 'why have just one?' Very good, very smooth. Good level of hops.

AND I discovered another very, very tasty beer which unfortunately I haven't seeno n the shelves in California:

large_HolyGrailPoster600.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0