• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guiding Airstrikes

On larger maps of 4-9 square kilometres, Ro offers a role where an infantry soldier goes through a sequence over a radio involving the following steps... a bomber plane by

And it would not be overpowered: no one complains about arty. The Messerschmidt and Henschel are a must for this game, carrying light bombs and 20mm cannons.

There's a number of reasons we didn't do it:

1. No-one really likes complex call/control procedures in game. If we'd wanted that, we'd have made arty call procedures rather more like the real world (and we did have a design for that).

2. Space... any sort of "bomber" of the period needs a good amount of space to turn, line up their target etc. Most maps are only a few 100 meters across, so just wouldn't fit. And maps multiple kilometers across run like *** :)

3. Power - the HS-129 uses a 30mm auto-cannon, which is a complete beast of a weapon. And "light bombs" start at 50Kg. The Ju-87 routinely carried 500Kg or 1000Kg bombs. Consider that the charge in a 105mm arty shell is only a few Kg, then even the smallest bomb will have 10x the power - a 500Kg bomb will run 100x the power of an arty shell. Devastating on the scale of RO!

And yes, we did have designs for fighter-bombers, ground attack, AAA. Just decided that it wouldn't be good on the scale of this game :)
Upvote 0

RO2 Small mis-alignment of Ranking Stars on AfterAction Report

The little stars at the top left of the screen on the after-action report are not centered like they are in the profile information page.

The rank badge / ribbon thing cuts upwards too much and partially covers the players name and honour level.

Always happens.

See image:
[url]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314960403035875874/A7958F2D614DC092CBAF698F5B921C60D9098238/[/URL]

RO2 The Axis troop transports are slow!

I believe it happens mostly on laggy servers.

In the powerband of the engine there is a narrow strip where you actually shift. If for whatever reason you manage to skip over the shifting part you will be stuck and never shift and hence continue to drive in first gear.

With manual shifting you should still be able to shift by lowering the trottle a little to say 90% instead of 100% or perhaps even less.

If you guys can provide me with more info on when this isssue exactly happens in what scenarios (server being stressed out or perhaps only with certain mutators or only on certain server settings etc). Then I could try to replicate it and put a nail in the coffin for this issue.
Upvote 0

Squad looking for Australian clans/groups..

Hey I'm looking to join any Aus clans or groups or even just general people to play with.

My prefer'd class is Sharpshooter (lvl 5) but don't mind playing other classes and would like to play on the harder difficulties, but public servers can be just too chaotic to even form some sort idea of teamwork with random players (example: medics who watched The Last Samuri and run off solo using katana's or players who randomly shoot at fleshpound's).

Msg me on here or Steam (gbusjesus) if interested.

RS Type 96 LMG

You are right Sir!
Was just my imagination or whatever. Damage is the same
The American MG have the same damage than Type 99 however you feel most damage of type 99 due to its firing rate. American MG has a rate of 500 rounds per minute, Type 99 has a rate of 800 rounds per minute, this means that when you get shot by a Type 99 you are getting lot bullets in the same second and quite accurate shots, so you die instantly, however the american MG is slower and more innacurate so its easier to survive by a burst of an american MG specially from long distances. All this gives the impression that the american MG is less powerful in terms of damage that the Japanese Type 99. If the Type 99 had a belt with 150 rounds it would be almost godmode weapon.
Upvote 0

KF 1 player has GOD power. GTFO!!

I'm pretty sure that auto-start does enable with two players assuming one is ready. I believe servers can manually disable it.

Secondly, you could say the same about the opposite. Why give one player the power to force the game to start in a lobby of two, when both players are not ready yet? What if I'm waiting for a friend to join and you enter and decide "No, I am ready therefore WE START THE MATCH"?
Upvote 0

RO2 Server terminated with VAC ban on record Red Orchestra 2

So I bought Red orchestra 2 the other day with great intent to play the game as I have been looking at buying it for a long time as I am into ww2. When I try to join servers it disconnects me with a message saying "Terminated".

I googled it and found that they have added a feature which blocks players with a previous VAC ban on record. I have a VAC ban from 3 years ago in the game mw2. Not only was this 3 years ago with no other VAC bans on record with a total of 58 games on my steam account, but the ban was bs, I had accidentally joined a hacked server which ranked me up to lvl 70... not my fault. Next thing I know im banned.

As I understood a VAC ban was limited to that game only, this new feature is absolute rubbish as it sits. VAC bans can never be removed, and I embraced that and moved on. But with a ban that happened 3 years ago and im being kick from a new game because of that is just not on. I would have never bought the game if I had known about it at the time.

I suggest the developers need to rethink this way of getting rid of cheaters by either having a time limit with VAC bans and joining RO2.. eg a 365 days since last ban and no other bans since or just have the conventional way of deal with cheaters. I love the game and would never cheat in any game, this feature just really sucks. A lot of steam players have been banned for something that is not their fault and shouldn't be punished for it on other games. Also if they do decide to keep this, they need to make it more clear to people before they purchase RO2 that they will not be able to play multiplayer with a VAC ban.

Adam

Code [Help] Set BoneScale

I see a lot of replication issues in your code.

1. Why are you using PawnController.Pawn instead of AdjustingPawn? Controller is replicated only to net owners. If pawn isn't controlled locally, then Controller=none.

2. KFPawnFootAdjuster is spawned locally. Its RemoteRole=ROLE_None. That means no replication for this actior. If you want to replicate it somehow, then you should spawn it on server-side only (spawn it inside non-simulated function or inside Role==ROLE_Authority block) and set RemoteRole=ROLE_SimulatedProxy.

Btw, what are you trying to accomplish with this code?

This code works to a degree it seems, this code is to spawn first-person legs, it works except for a issue with that I'm required the scale the owning pawns bones in order to scale the bones on the actor, when you walk up stairs or down them the FPActor moves up or down and shows unwanted things, same if you look up and jump

If I use AdjustingPawn then it will scale the bones of every pawn on the map and you will get things such as other players having no arms or legs.

This actor should only be spawned on the client and should only be seen and relevant to it's owner since he is the only person who should be able to see it
Upvote 0

Squad Revenant Gaming

RGlogoalt.png

Revenant is a multi-game / multi-platform gaming community. We are looking for all players who fit our same gaming philosophy.

What is our Gaming Philosophy? Revenant plays on a Casual-Hardcore scale. Meaning, sometimes were just casual, sometimes were hardcore. Confused yet? Revenant believes that everyone should be in control of their own time. We are all gamers, most with families, full-time jobs, kids, or other activities that fill up our time. So when we have time for gaming, we want to game how we want. So some gamers will be more of a casual play-style, some will go full hardcore. But we leave it up to the individual player.

Revenant has its own RO2/RS division. We are looking for all types of players. Whether you enjoy playing against other clans or you just want a team to pub with, Revenant offers a place for you!

For more info:

Teamspeak: ts.revenantgaming.com:1133
My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dude1587
My email: [email protected]

Filter