• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forum Style Issues

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    I'm looking to gather any forum style issues that fans may encounter. This includes things like un-readable text on certain pages when any of the official 3 styles are used. In case users run into one of these issues and need to work around them, I've also made two default VB style available to select for now:
    • Black Red
    • Dark
    The best way to report is to respond to this thread with a picture and link to the page where it happens (if applicable) and a note of the style used.

Last edited:
    ahahah.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

No, not again, being ignored for a dozen page of messages when we list in detail all the forum problems and issues, and even provide fixes, is really not something I'm looking forward. You can still dig the old thread (you know the same one from when forum engine was migrated) if you want my feedback about all forum issues (which are basically still to this date not fixed) and forum fixes (your forum CSS needs lot of work).

Upvote 0
    omano;n2329542 said:
    ahahah.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

No, not again, being ignored for a dozen page of messages when we list in detail all the forum problems and issues, and even provide fixes, is really not something I'm looking forward. You can still dig the old thread (you know the same one from when forum engine was migrated) if you want my feedback about all forum issues (which are basically still to this date not fixed) and forum fixes (your forum CSS needs lot of work).

We needed to upgrade the forums due to security concerns, sadly at that time I was not able to get all the support I needed to fix issues that arose nor address all specific issues (the forums at the time did not properly support a dark theme without major workarounds. This is now something they support and I am working to rebuild customization's from this base).

Reactions: ®omano
    Upvote 0
    vB messages no longer displays incoming messages.
    0Kv2JiF.jpg

1CzLLqW.jpg

I can see mine, but i can't see others.
    But i could see incoming messages from foster parent when he was around.... maybe because of mod privileges?

Upvote 0
    duk6046;n2331003 said:
    When edit post several times, post is locked even can't remove it. what a strange rule... my English is so bad

Thats a spam filter. Just try to not edit pages several times in quick succession and you should be fine.

​​​​​​hmm.
    ​​​​​@Yoshiro sometimes the spam filter just unapproves your 1st clean reply if you keep correcting it in the process before posting.
    No warning, just unapproved.

Upvote 0
    s5yn3t;n2331004 said:
    Thats a spam filter. Just try to not edit pages several times in quick succession and you should be fine.

​​​​​​hmm.
    ​​​​​@Yoshiro sometimes the spam filter just unapproves your 1st clean reply if you keep correcting it in the process before posting.
    No warning, just unapproved.

A quick poke doesn't show much I can change on that front but I'll keep looking.

Upvote 0
    I'll give you my personal opinion about forum's new design: I like it. It feels and looks great, but only thing I don't like - bold font. Bold text looks too bold and it's hard to read the text. This is what I mean:
    1571395088105.png

Text looks so bold that you can't even see holes in letters, like look at the letter "e" or "a".
    I would suggest to use different font, something lighter so bold doesn't look too much bold.

Upvote 0