• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Ball Pricing

You can compare it to other games as well. 6 hours by modern standards is not really that short. There are plenty of full priced SP games that last 6 hours. As the ball uses the UDK the graphical standard is a bit higher together with the workload so in respect the pricing isn't that odd.

Dunno if regular death match would be that much fun. A coop mode where every player got their own coloured ball where people need to work together to solve puzzles would be fun though :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There a plenty of 50$ games with no or weak multiplayer and only 7 or 8 hours of singleplay. A minimum of six hours singleplay fun plus four survival levels for 20$ is quite a bargain really and in line with other titles in our segment. Trine for example, I personally spent about that much time playing through the game and it was sold for 25$ when it was released I believe. Zeno Clash, I went through that in 3 hours. And what about Portal? I paid 20$ for that when it was released, and it is considerably shorter than The Ball!

Upvote 0
Being picky on pricing... $20 on Steam and other digital. That will convert (online) into a suitable Euro price, as we do with our other games. The versions in store boxes will come with some extras in them as a bonus.

On sales tax - to be correct, the US does have sales tax. It is variable by State and County and is added on top of the marked price. In Europe the price is usually quoted inclusive of VAT. Messay, ain't it :) ?

Upvote 0
Good to hear. Then I will wait for BOX version.

My problem ain't with Taxes, but price of euro/dollar itself. Digital game versions cost way way more than BOX version from local store. For example Civilization 5 BOX cost 110-130 PLN here, where Steams version cost > 210 PLN. Kinda stupid where from my experience digital release suppose to be cheaper with lowest distribution cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: mistk�fer
Upvote 0
I'm absolutely OK with $20 for 6 hours of fun (and even replay-value due to achievements etc.) I mean hey, I pay $17 for an average blu ray with an average of 2 hours of run-time.

Also, i paid about $40 for Mirror's edge and didn't regret it because it was awesome 6 hours of great gameplay. It was even a bit too long in my opinion.

I prefer having a short but intense and varying experience than a repetitive game.

Just look at Clive barker's jerico, for example. it's a 5 hour game stretched to 15 hours by copypasting enemy spawn scripts :>

So yeah. if you're just looking for a good gameplay time/price ratio, tell me and i'll program you a text adventure with a "there's a huge boss monster in front of you. what do you want to do? (attack/die)" and you have to type "attack" a million times because the monster has ten million HP and you do 10 damage ;) i'll sell you the game for $1 then. The ratio is better than the ratio of the ball!

But if you just want a great experience, get the ball as it is (or will be) and see what i'm talking about.

i'd even pay $40 if I had a choice :)

Hey, how about a collector's edition with a miniature of the ball? :) i know, it's a bit late for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0