• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Upcoming Rising Storm 2 Hotfix and Community Test Branch Builds

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    ARVN.jpg

Hello everyone!

The teams here at Antimatter Games and Tripwire are working hard towards bring you the upcoming 1.09 update. This update will not only be Quality of Life update, centered around addressing community feedback and bugs, but will also lay the groundwork for further upcoming gameplay additions, such as Multiplayer Campaign!

Two of the items coming in 1.09 are map variations of Operation Forrest and Quang Tri, adding support for Territories and Supremacy gamemodes to each map respectively. As part of this, we are looking at pushing out both of these maps to the Community Test Branch (CTB), so players can provide feedback prior to their full release in the 1.09 update!
    church.jpg

We've also previously indicated that one of the things we are working towards is separating out the existing North Vietnamese factions to help them feel more distinct in weaponry, function and commander abilities. To help with that we want your input in which weapons and traps you feel these factions need! Please take a moment to fill out the following survey:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rgOHQ/viewform

We'll be talking more about these plans, as well as Multiplayer Campaign and how the different factions as well as their weapon loadouts and abilities will be available and changed as players move between early, mid and late stages of the campaign in the coming weeks!

Finally, we have an upcoming 1.08.5 hotfix going live shortly! This will contain a potential fix for a crash that could happen on Hue as well as a fix for a condition where players could get into a jittery movement state after proning.

Last edited:
    Nice!
    Although I am not sure about RPK being possibility. It entered service in Soviet army in 1961. It was pretty new gun back then. I doubt that Soviets would send some of these to Vietnam instead of RPDs that it replaced. I've also never found any evidence of RPK in Vietnam and even if it was the numbers were most likely VERY small.

Upvote 0